Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh that's unfortunate.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    Where did you read that he is seeking spousal support? I've only read he is seeking child support.
    Um...on the same link that you provided earlier in which you quoted.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b223...le_berrys.html

Aubry filed for joint physical and legal custody and spousal support on Dec. 30, his petition also requesting that the court officially recognize him as Nahla's biological father.
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz
    Well don't women normally seek spousal support for in the past when they're getting a divorce? It's just equal opportunity now that men are starting to to do it too when their ex is the higher earner. I'm sure Halle has more money than Aubrey does, and he also has their child to raise half of the time.
    You may be right. However, I thought he was seeking spousal support and child support. I'm not familiar with the way divorce proceedings go, but how often are women successful in getting spousal support and child support when they are in a five year marriage to someone who already made a bulk of their income prior to their marriage? I assumed the child would be living with Halle most of the time, but then he's seeking joint custody as well.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Well don't women normally seek spousal support for in the past when they're getting a divorce? It's just equal opportunity now that men are starting to to do it too when their ex is the higher earner. I'm sure Halle has more money than Aubrey does, and he also has their child to raise half of the time.
    None of the articles indicate that Aubrey and Berry wee actually married. While both men and women may seek spousal support when they divorce, neither get spousal support in the absence of a marriage (or registered domestic partnership). Otherwise, there is only whatever arrangement may have agreed to ("palimony"). If Aubrey does get physical custody, he will have a right to child support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    E! News states that she accused Aubry of using ethnic slurs towards her...I don't believe that at all.
    I find her timing very suspect. Not just on this, but on her claims that their child is not safe being taken care of by him. It was fine for him to take care of their child when they were together and when they first split, but now that he's seeking to protect his parental rights, he's not? I somehow doubt that. This is a dispute that should be handled privately, not through a public smear campaign. Halle's handling of this does more to make me question her parenting than his.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I thought it was singer Christopher Williams who allegedly beat her and made her deaf.
    I guess because Berry has never named the man, it's all speculation as to which boyfriend did it. Which begs the question, why protect the identity of this loser? (Though I guess, with it having happened so long ago and perhaps no way to prove it, naming the person now would likely result in a lawsuit).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesalchows View Post
    I have always been a little skeptical of Halle Berry after she was on TV talking about how she cured herself of Type 1 diabetes. My husband has Type 1, and sadly there is no cure. She spoke of how she weaned herself off insulin, so anyone can do it. (She didn't have Type 1 if this was the case) I just get a little annoyed about people's perceptions of Type 1 diabetics, and I cannot believe how many people say things to my husband about how he can cure himself with diet, etc. I sincerely hope no one with Type 1 took her advice.
    Yes, I remember that quite well. Being type 1, it disgusted me. She basically blamed her accident on low blood sugar and then magically cured herself. Fact is, she was probably drunk and she made up a ridiculous lie and an even more ridiculous claim of a cure. Well, why hasn't she marketed her fabulous cure and shared it with all us type 1 diabetics? She's a ridiculous and self serving moron. Oh, and Wesley Snipes is in prison not too far from me. He teaches yoga. Haha!

vCash
    I had no idea Halle Berry was so controversial. I thought the only thing people hate her for was winning an Oscar.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Team Aubrey!!

He can come over to my place for comfort if he wants... rowr!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I had no idea Halle Berry was so controversial. I thought the only thing people hate her for was winning an Oscar.
    It's only recently that I've noticed how much people seem to hate her. Up until recently I'd never really heard anything about her personality one way or another but all of a sudden she's an evil bitch and on one message board someone even suggested that Halle is (allegedly) bipolar.

BTW, one of Aubrey's ex's has come forward to say that she warned Halle that Gabriel was only after her money but Halle didn't listen. Halle may very well be the unhinged bitch people are saying she is but IMO I don't think Gabriel is an either. If he was, he would be taking the high road for the sake of his daughter. Perhaps they both need a time out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    It's only recently that I've noticed how much people seem to hate her. Up until recently I'd never really heard anything about her personality one way or another but all of a sudden she's an evil bitch and on one message board someone even suggested that Halle is (allegedly) bipolar.

BTW, one of Aubrey's ex's has come forward to say that she warned Halle that Gabriel was only after her money but Halle didn't listen. Halle may very well be the unhinged bitch people are saying she is but IMO I don't think Gabriel is an either. If he was, he would be taking the high road for the sake of his daughter. Perhaps they both need a time out.
    The reason I have trouble feeling too much sympathy for Halle in all this is that she essentially chose to breed herself for the sake of having a child. She never fully intended to have a serious partner going into it and just chose the first potent and pretty face that she saw. Surprise , surprise , it didn't turn out that well. I have seen far less tenuous situations go more south than this one. I also doubt Aubry is a saint, I've imagined two giant cartoon dollar signs where his pupils were at the moment when Halle asked him to have a kid.

IIRC, haven't they been over for a while? Wasn't she dating French actor Olivier Martinez not too long ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    The reason I have trouble feeling too much sympathy for Halle in all this is that she essentially chose to breed herself for the sake of having a child. She never fully intended to have a serious partner going into it and just chose the first potent and pretty face that she saw.
    Jeez. How do you know? They dated for a while before "breeding". They were together for 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Jeez. How do you know? They dated for a while before "breeding". They were together for 5 years.
    Well , about the time that "Catwoman" came out, she gave an interview on Oprah where she was discussing her recent divorce. She spoke about having a child and said that in two years she planned to just have one with whomever she was in a relationship(regardless of if it was serious). She even said something along the lines of the father does not have to be involved nor pay for anything, I just want the child.

It just struck me as being a very silly, unrealistic approach to starting a family, and I generally like Halle .

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Halle may very well be the unhinged bitch people are saying she is but IMO I don't think Gabriel is an either. If he was, he would be taking the high road for the sake of his daughter. Perhaps they both need a time out.
    How is he not taking the high road? He isn't the one doing the insulting. He seems to be taking the higher road to me.

vCash
    Well , about the time that "Catwoman" came out, she gave an interview on Oprah where she was discussing her recent divorce. She spoke about having a child and said that in two years she planned to just have one with whomever she was in a relationship(regardless of if it was serious). She even said something along the lines of the father does not have to be involved nor pay for anything, I just want the child.

It just struck me as being a very silly, unrealistic approach to starting a family, and I generally like Halle .
    I'm that she could say something like that. She's so dazzling looking, it can sometimes mask irresponsible comments she makes.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    they seemed to be getting along fine, her assistant came and picked him up when he had car problems not too long ago. and then he was seen in public with kim kardashian and it all went to pot.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    How can Aubry ask for spousal support if they were never married?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    How can Aubry ask for spousal support if they were never married?
    California has "partner support" guidelines in addition to spousal support, but does "partner" automatically mean same sex in this situation?

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...ro.htm#partner

I'd like to see the document filed on December 30th, but court documents involving child custody are understandably less available to the public.

vCash
    I think Halle Berry is coming across as very vindictive and unrealistic. She's saying that she thinks it is a danger to leave her child with Gabriel, but if this was so, why didn't she do anything about it before? Those are very serious allegations. I don't understand cutting off the child's contact with her father when he seems so dedicated to her - he recently went to South Africa while Halle was filming to take care of her and because he didn't want to be away from her too long. At the same time, Halle was cavorting around with Olivier Martinez. It sounds like Halle wants to do what she wants with her child and not take anyone else's feelings into account.

I don't doubt that neither party is a saint, but Gabriel is coming across, IMO, a lot better.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    For some reason, I think Halle's jealous of Kim Kardashian. He was spotted with her in November, and Halle overreacted. I get that she doesn't want cameras around her daughter, but there was no indication that that would happen. I don't think either is a saint, but I also think that Gabriel is coming across better than Halle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    If Aubrey does get physical custody, he will have a right to child support.
    Aubrey is asking for joint custody. If he gets it, neither parent is entitled to child support. That would be ridiculous. Would she pay him 1/2 the time & he'd pay her 1/2 the time?

The reason I have trouble feeling too much sympathy for Halle in all this is that she essentially chose to breed herself for the sake of having a child. She never fully intended to have a serious partner going into it and just chose the first potent and pretty face that she saw. Surprise , surprise , it didn't turn out that well. I have seen far less tenuous situations go more south than this one. I also doubt Aubry is a saint, I've imagined two giant cartoon dollar signs where his pupils were at the moment when Halle asked him to have a kid.
    You don't stay together 5 yrs if all you wanted was a sperm donor. I know of several non-celebrities who have decided if they aren't in a committed relationship by X time, they will just have a child. Where she made her mistake is in telling about it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    How is he not taking the high road? He isn't the one doing the insulting. He seems to be taking the higher road to me.
    The "high road" is asking for child support (when he won't even have the child full time) & spousal support? What a sweetheart!

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    they seemed to be getting along fine, her assistant came and picked him up when he had car problems not too long ago. and then he was seen in public with kim kardashian and it all went to pot.
    Ick, Kim Kardashian.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast