Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I love the spiral into 2axel part and the layback but otherwise was just not thrilled with how sloppy everything was presented. She ofcourse improved in presentation subsequently but to me she was still sloppy in 2006.

Nearly 2 3/3s yes but both were muscled through and the sal/loop was quite visibly cheated. All jumps but the 2axel were stalked. She had the power but not the flow in her skating.

Ofcourse Lavrenchuk was fast when stroking was all she ever did. EVER. And she didn't even care about pumping, or the music, or have any sort of variation to her spins. Everything was basic.

Carter and Rechnio's speed was much more impressive because they maintained the speed even though they didn't stroke as much and actually also took time to interpret the music. I loved the tension in Carter's tango.

vCash
    I loved this Long program. Not just the fact that Michelle won, but IIRC, the whole Ladies SP was a disaster...And the LP was very interesting, with tension and suspens with the podium.
    Michelle was far from her best in term of jump, but I've always loved this version of Lyra Angelica, lighter than usual. Light and beautiful, as a Debussy's piece of music.

I just think that the rankings after the SP were weird considering how bad everybody skated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12