Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    ^As you know there has been always one or more gatecrashers.
    And what they want is to let people digress from the main subject and/or to make people sick of threads on a specific skater.

Let's wait and see. They will have to pay for this.

vCash
    sometimes --i dont know how to answer until a few minutes later or the next day-when it is put on paper .

vCash
    Wow, Yuna actually made the list!! Congratulations, Yuna!! Yeah, she is at least influential enough to make me buy the competition tickets And I know I'd have bought the ice show tickets if only I'd been in Korea.
    I'm very happy for her!!
    I don't think Michelle needs any help in writing that tribute when it is her job to write tons of papers and thesis as a grad student. Beautiful writing from the Kween! It is so nice to see that there is mutually admiring society going on between them.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    Maobots swarming in again...
    Remember this post? You're getting a vacation now, use it well to think it over if you want to stay at FSU or not.

Because if you come back and start this shit again, even one more time, you're gone forever. That's it. Your very last chance.

vCash
    Those 6½ minutes on the ice left not only a mark in the record book but also an indelible impression on millions of young girls around the world. For Kim, the dream that began as a 7-year-old has been realized. For these girls, thanks to her, a dream and journey are just beginning. - Michelle Kwan in TIME Magazine

vCash
    The Kween on the Kim : Wow !
    I loved it !

vCash

Cool

Yes, the Kween rocks and so does Kim. I am happy for both of them!

vCash
    Everyone's more eloquent in writing than speech, ie. Miss Teen South Carolina!!

Both ladies are great assets to figure skating; Kwan is the perfect one to write this up, and I really enjoyed reading it.

vCash
    Yuna left for New York to attend the Time's 100 Most Influential People in the World Gala.

Wait and see lots of pics!

vCash
    ETA eyh201 beat me to it!

Have fun, Yuna! It'd be pretty sweet if Michelle were her date to the party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    Have fun, Yuna! It'd be pretty sweet if Michelle were her date to the party!

vCash
    Kween Kwan praising and complementing Queen YuNa, how refreshing.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2
    While I believe the feelings and thoughts reflected in the quote are sincere, I'd bet 25 bucks that the quote was written or highly edited by someone other than MK. She's a smart and I'm sure deep-thinking woman, but there is nothing I've ever heard her say that leads me to believe she can be that eloquent without a lot of help.
    ummm, information about Michelle Kwan isn't that hard to find. Here's how to do it; Youtube and Google Search are a couple of ways in case you don't know since there apparently seems to be nothing eloquent you've ever heard her say. There are several ways to obtain information about her bio and accomplishments throughout her life. Just use your mouse and "click".
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    To say that Kim's performances at Vacouver "changed the face of figure skating forever" is a little bit OTT. How did those performances changed figure skating?

I throughly agree and the skate was not inspiring imo. Kim has received some excessive scores this season and she is much overpraised imo. She has a ways to go to be included among the "greats".

vCash
    I don't get all of the fuss over Michelle's statements. The surprised reaction to her eloquence suggests that some people must think she's illiterate. I read the quotes a few times, they are eloquent, supportive of a fellow skater, and classy. None of that is or has ever been beyond Michelle's ability. She didn't write a Pulizer Prize winning novel, she wrote a heartfelt article about Kim. And, I'm saying that in a supportive way, give her a break. She is that bright (+brighter) and she is that nice (+nicer). Sheesh!

vCash
    LMAO. Michelle cannot catch a break I swear.

vCash
    Fortunately Michelle makes her own breaks. She has become quite adept at making lemonade from lemons.

With the 100+ page papers she has to write now, a snippet of praise and encouragement for a skater she admires is a piece of cake, so no need to doubt Michelle's ability to express herself.

Maybe she will attend the gala. Then we can read all about her horrible taste in gowns. If not, the cap, gown and hood she will wear when she receives her honorary doctorate will have to suffice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I throughly agree and the skate was not inspiring imo. Kim has received some excessive scores this season and she is much overpraised imo. She has a ways to go to be included among the "greats".
    that is little sad to hear. her performance at the olympics was remarkable and refreshing yet you didn't catch that. those "greats" have praised her performance that includes Kwan, Yamaguchi, Witt, Flemm,,,,,,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123