Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Noonan!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    (and when did Evan get hip replacement surgery?)
    That would be Yagudin. Those Olympic Champions are the WORST whiners. Whiners all of them- Knee whining gets you World Gold, but for Olympic Gold it's hips and broken toes.
    Last edited by dinakt; 04-30-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Wha . . . ?
    After placing 2nd in the SP in the 2006 Olympics, he left out some jumps in the LP and landed in 5th overall. Later he said he was black inside - had lost his aura or something like that. And blamed it on having missed the earlier bus.

Here is the quote http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...-johnny-weir/:

“I missed the bus,” he said after the free. “They changed the schedule. It was every 10 minutes. Today it was every half-hour. I was late getting here and never caught up. I never felt comfortable in this building. I didn’t feel my inner peace, I didn’t feel my aura. Inside I was black.”

I wonder what he would consider to be whining.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    OMG, I didn't notice this thread before! XD

vCash
    I really hope Johnny doesn't compete next season, b/c I've had enough of him .
    It's OK .We all are getting tired of his weirness but you can't deny one thing : it's entertaining and fun most of the time but calling Evan a "slore" that was just . Johny outgag himself big time

vCash
    I'll take some! Yum!

And I guess this would be an after the fact "low road"? But I guess it's OK b/c Johnny is the one being persecuted by Big Bad Corporate America ). (and when did Evan get hip replacement surgery?)

No, Johnny has just whined about the USFSA, his scores, the Oly village (twice), how it wasn't his fault he sucked at '09 Nats and he should be put on the World team anyway, and then there was that memorable fall at '06 Worlds where he stayed down on the ice for an extended pause before getting up and giving up on the rest of the program. He should consider himself lucky that he competed under IJS b/c I think under 6.0 he would have been left off a few more World/Oly teams. I really hope Johnny doesn't compete next season, b/c I've had enough of him and his psycho uber fans.

After Googling what's going on with the SLORE WAR, all I found out from Evan's side was ONE comment from one of the HUNDREDS of interviews that he did recently. I guess I need to update my dictionary about the meaning of "WAR" along with the meaning of "WHINER".

Things I learnt from Weir and his ubers:
    - Whoever dare to say anything negative about Johnny is a "SLORE".
    - Anything Johnny said, including the "SLORE" and "BITCH", are all so creative, lovely, honest, refreshing and classy.
    - When a "slore" makes an apology, he's taking "THE LOW ROAD" and still an dick, A$$hole, jerk.
    - When Johnny's "claws are out", makes cute winks, tells it all, keeps stirring the pot and compaining forever about not being invited to some shows he "doesn't care" and "never watch" (which is definitely not called whining!), he's still a fab DIVA.
    - Last but not least: Johnny Weir has NEVER WHINED!

Yes, Evan made a stupid mistake, he faced it, corrected it, learnt the lesson and moves on. Good for him, he'll have a bright future.

As for Johnny, hope he'll enjoy his one man's WAR and never feels BLACK again.

vCash
    Umm .......... How ignorant would I sound if I asked what a "slore" is?

vCash
    I assume it is a combination of slut and whore...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Umm .......... How ignorant would I sound if I asked what a "slore" is?
    It was mentioned in this article
    http://www.people.com/people/article...365447,00.html

Weir also went on the attack against Lysacek, calling him a "slore" – an apparent combination of "slut" and "whore" – on the The Wendy Williams Show on Wednesday.
    Johny was being Johny and gave his honest opinion

vCash
    OK, here's the more complete quote from Evan, according to his interview with US magazine:

On Friday, a regretful Lycasek told UsMagazine.com that he "never should have answered" the paper's question about Weir.

Waving a white flag -- sort of -- Lycasek tells Us that that his rival "is an accomplished and talented skater."

Lysacek explains his outburst: "Since the Olympics, I've dealt with Johnny's questioning my integrity and sexuality, and I've never spoken out on my own behalf no matter how hurtful those things may have been. I should have known better."

"Best wishes and congratulations to Johnny as he opens the new season of Ice Theatre of New York," Lycasek adds. "I wish him well in all of his future endeavors."
    It obviously hurt his feeling. I felt so sorry for him, but I'm very happy that he finally spoke out and I'm very proud of him to handle his mistake with class act.

vCash
    PML at this thread!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    After placing 2nd in the SP in the 2006 Olympics, he left out some jumps in the LP and landed in 5th overall. Later he said he was black inside - had lost his aura or something like that. And blamed it on having missed the earlier bus.

Here is the quote http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...-johnny-weir/:

“I missed the bus,” he said after the free. “They changed the schedule. It was every 10 minutes. Today it was every half-hour. I was late getting here and never caught up. I never felt comfortable in this building. I didn’t feel my inner peace, I didn’t feel my aura. Inside I was black.”

I wonder what he would consider to be whining.
    Black is black

I want my baby back

It's gray, it's gray

Since she went away, Ooh-Ooh

What can I do

'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Black is black

I want my baby back

It's gray, it's gray

Since she went away, Ooh-Ooh

What can I do

'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue
    According to Evan's newly updated costume dictionary, gray is the new black.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    According to Evan's newly updated costume dictionary, gray is the new black.
    Oh well, touch of grey kinds suits you anyway
    That's all I had to say if it's alright
    I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aymkjb88 View Post
    whole post
    Evan is very classy. He knows when he's made a mistake and it's time to move on. Weir, OTOH, oh boy.

vCash
    Lysacek explains his outburst: "Since the Olympics, I've dealt with Johnny's questioning my integrity and sexuality, and I've never spoken out on my own behalf no matter how hurtful those things may have been. I should have known better."

"Best wishes and congratulations to Johnny as he opens the new season of Ice Theatre of New York," Lycasek adds. "I wish him well in all of his future endeavors."
    Orangina 1 : Tranny 0

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I do not like green eggs and ham
    I do not like it, Smuckers jam....
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Evan's always the class act. He's human, so he will have his evil moment now and then, but on the whole he seems like a great guy. He will be in the public eyes for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robin83 View Post
    Today I read Evan Lysacek's remarks that Johnny Weir, as not being "best of the best" did not deserve to tour with Stars on Ice. ???? Obviously SOI thinks Johnny is expendable - (most perplexing considering the mediocre - in elite skating terms - talent padding up most of the tour stops.) There seems to be no question that Evan and Johnny are the current top two US skaters. Later I read that Johnny completed the unsavory exchange by publicly calling Evan a rude and insulting name.

Now I read that Evan is flying around the country on free flexjet flights, which are transferring him between his, I'm sure, very lucrative DWTS and SOI gigs. We're probably talking in excess of 50K for each coast to coast trip.

The inequities and favoritism that I see in the figure skating world worry me. Most of it seems to be corporate driven (Smuckers making decisions that smack of discrimination in deciding who gets to skate in public and take advantage of the one existing US tour -- Flexjet deciding to favor one athlete with free coast to coast private jet flights).

In my opinion the USFSA needs to take control, set some standards and protect its athletes. What are the rules that should govern proper competitor conduct - especially public contacts with the media ? What commercial and sponsorship activities are appropriate for competitors? What sort of role should outside corporations have in the sport?

Corporations - Smuckers, for example, seems to be more influential than the USFSA - including control of communications to the mass audience. I'm thinking specifically of Scott Hamilton and his SOI alumni sidekicks Bezic and Wilson controlling the Olympic figure skating broadcasts.

I'm an outsider looking in. I have no personal knowledge of any of the participants and do not skate myself though I am a fan. But perhaps my viewpoint is valuable in providing feedback on how these events look to an outsider.

To me, the starting point and biggest problem is the invalidation of Johnny Weir's right to skate in a public tour - first because he was the only Olympian SOI left off the SOI cast list, and second Evan's public repudiation of his right to skate with SOI. SOI is the only current US tour and is the USFSA's "promotional" partner, marketing the USFSA and US skating during the tour. It has responsibilities that go beyond a private enterprise to treat the US skating team fairly and to represent the sport appropriately.

SOI should throw in the towel, and despite the bad blood that has built up over the last few months, invite Johnny to skate with the tour. Also, Evan and Johnny should publicly apologize to each other. These activities should be brokered by the USFSA, which has to retake control of its sport, publicly and privately.
    It's a free country...free marketplace...each can and should be able to do what they want. Who cares about the sniping?

On second thought, it was a free country...Obama is making me wonder...but that's another board.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    It's a free country...free marketplace...each can and should be able to do what they want. Who cares about the sniping?

On second thought, it was a free country...Obama is making me wonder...but that's another board.
    "Who's in charge here" is acquiring a broader meaning Please, USFSA, take charge.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast