Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    Ha ha ha, but Evan is sitting right behind him.

That was clearly back when the USFS had everything under control and everyone got to fly the private jet.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    No jet for Johnny, BR. He'll just have to wait for the Lord to buy him a Mercedes Benz.
    Thank you, Prancer Joplin, for nearly making me snort red wine out my nose.

But if he gets the Benz, doesn't he get the color TV and the night on the town??? (Hell, Johnny IS a night on the town!!!!!!)
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Ha ha ha, but Evan is sitting right behind him.

That was clearly back when the USFS had everything under control and everyone got to fly the private jet.

God it looks like Evan, must be the clouds in my eyes
    Last edited by jlai; 04-30-2010 at 03:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robin83 View Post
    Later I read that Johnny completed the unsavory exchange by publicly calling Evan a rude and insulting name.
    Actually, Johnny started the unsavory exchange with his comments on Chelsea Lately and his accusations about SOI.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Johnny's got clouds in his coffee and Evan's got clouds in his eyes, but me I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down, and still somehow, its clouds illusions I recall. I really don't know clouds at all.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Johnny's got clouds in his coffee and Evan's got clouds in his eyes, but me I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down, and still somehow, its clouds illusions I recall. I really don't know clouds at all.
    You're not currently dressed like this, are you?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Title-less
    vCash
    Errr, it actually is..

Bow; and flows of angel hair and and ice dream castles in the air
    And feather, fox fur everywhere, i've looked at cloud that way

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ticleLarge.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I think there is a big question of that to put it mildly. Evan is far and away the #1 U.S skater. It would be wrong to put anyone even alongside him. his record so far trumps any other American man both career wise and of late. Abbott is probably the #2 U.S skater coming out of this season. He did win the last 2 Nationals beating Evan both times (Johnny was 5th and 3rd), and while Johnny has sometimes placed above Jeremy in international events, Jeremy still has some international victories- Grand Prix final, Skate Canada this season (beating Takahashi) which Weir doesnt have for awhile. And despite his often dissapointing record at the big events, Jeremy was still 5th at Worlds this year, a higher finish than Weir has had at Worlds or Olympics since 2008.

I am not a big fan of any of the 3 and probably even prefer Weir slightly to the other two, but I dont think this statement of yours is very much in touch with reality at the moment.
    Weir beat Abbott in every international event they competed against each other this season ( NHK, GPF and the Olympics) so I would say he had a better season, no matter how much you want to twist the facts.

And I can't believe you would compare Abbott's 5th at post-Olympic worlds to Weir's performance at the Olympics. That's bizzare...

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    They can see clearly now, the rain is gone
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    They can see clearly now, the rain is gone
    Time for Kasey and the sunshine!

That's the way aha aha I like it, aha aha!

vCash
    Stop ruining my enjoyment of figure skating, you Nan you! Or I'll report you to the USFS!

Who will come to your house in Arizona and make you show your citizenship papers. Oh, wait... wrong forum.
    Sheesh, you all need to be bad Americans like moi, and just go to CSOI and worship CANUCK skaters. :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Weir beat Abbott in every international event they competed against each other this season ( NHK, GPF and the Olympics) so I would say he had a better season, no matter how much you want to twist the facts.

And I can't believe you would compare Abbott's 5th at post-Olympic worlds to Weir's performance at the Olympics. That's bizzare...
    ITA. Johnny had two clean, beautiful performances at the Olympics where he was gorgeous and IMO heavily undermarked. Jeremy at Worlds had a clean but uninspired SP and an arguably solid though undeniably error-ridden FS for which he was marked generously. That's how I see it. It's like Alissa last year at Worlds, oh her FS was great! I mean, for her, I guess, sort of, but she still only landed 3 clean triples in it. Because Jeremy is a headcase his Words performance can be considered good, but he is capable of much better and even his clean SP showed that just being clean, he is not up to snuff with Takahashi and Chan, if he was clean and went all out like he did at nationals, then maybe he would have made the podium, but he wasn't so he didn't.

vCash
    I don't disagree that Weir had a better season than Abbott this year in terms of final results. However, all season long, you can look at Abbott's scores and see that the judges were giving him high scoring potential before Vancouver where Abbott beat Weir during phases of the competition but not overall.

The only exception is, of course, Nationals in which it was clear that Jeremy's Nationals performance would've easily beaten Weir's Olympic ones considering that Abbott with a fall and two lower-level spins could've been close to beating Weir's relatively clean LP performance in Vancouver if he didn't have his Flip downgraded:

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...m010101eh.html

Interesting to note that Abbott actually outscored Weir in PCS and if you compare comparable elements, you can see Abbott usually scored higher than Weir.

As for Worlds, I absolutely believe that Abbott was undermarked for being a headcase at Vancouver and the past two Worlds.

Anyway, my point is that Evan was clearly the no. 1 U.S. Mens skater. Weir and Abbott are behind and you can argue Weir is ahead and have evidence supporting it. I just don't agree that Weir is on the level of Evan so it isn't clear that Evan and Johnny are the top two U.S. skaters as I think objectively-speaking, Evan is sort of on his own level now. Not talking about skating skills, preferences, etc. but by in terms of legacy and accomplishments.
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 04-30-2010 at 07:29 AM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Because Jeremy is a headcase his Words performance can be considered good, but he is capable of much better and even his clean SP showed that just being clean, he is not up to snuff with Takahashi and Chan, if he was clean and went all out like he did at nationals, then maybe he would have made the podium, but he wasn't so he didn't.
    No, it showed that Jeremy was being punished for his poor showing at the Olympics. Even Johnny said as much in his Loft commentary.

ETA: VIETgrlTerifa beat me to it; I agree with her analysis. Anyway, there is no question that USFSA viewed Jeremy as its #2 guy. I did think Johnny was a little bit undermarked at the Olympics, but I also thought Jeremy was a little bit undermarked at the following Worlds.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    No, it showed that Jeremy was being punished for his poor showing at the Olympics. Even Johnny said as much in his Loft commentary.
    I love how Weir's conspiracy theories are suddenly legitimate when they are in favor of one's favorite skater

Not that I completely disagree with the claim, but it's amusing, that's all.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    But here's the most important question of all...

What would Evan Lysacek do?
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    But here's the most important question of all...

What would Evan Lysacek do?
    He keeps on dancing.
    He's a dance, dance, dance, dance, dancing machine
    Watch him get down, watch him get down
    As he do, do, do his thing
    Right on the scene
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    If I hadn't read a post very similar to this on Livejournal, I for sure would have thought the thread starter was being ironic all the way through. I rarely venture into the Trash can, but love finding stuff like this.

vCash
    I can't say what's legal or illegal, but if Johnny is the ONLY Olympic skater not invited to SOI, that's just plain wrong.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    However, all season long, you can look at Abbott's scores and see that the judges were giving him high scoring potential before Vancouver where Abbott beat Weir during phases of the competition but not overall.

The only exception is, of course, Nationals in which it was clear that Jeremy's Nationals performance would've easily beaten Weir's Olympic ones considering that Abbott with a fall and two lower-level spins could've been close to beating Weir's relatively clean LP performance in Vancouver if he didn't have his Flip downgraded:

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...m010101eh.html

Interesting to note that Abbott actually outscored Weir in PCS and if you compare comparable elements, you can see Abbott usually scored higher than Weir.
    That's because Abbott attempts significantly more difficult programs than Weir does. Jeremy loads his programs with difficult transitions and choreography and he attempts the quad jump, so of course his PCS are deservedly going to be higher than Johnny's. Jeremy actually had the highest base value of any man in the World Championship LP this year. He attempted the quad, put both of his 3Axels in combination and did a 3-jump combo of 3Lutz+3toe+2loop, and wisely put one of the 3Axel combinations and the 3-jump combo in the post-2 minute bonus of the program. Abbott and Weir can never be fairly compared for this reason. If Weir was attempting the high difficulty level of Abbott, his consistency would be wildly erratic too (even more so than it already is), and the same can be said for Lysacek too, as we saw evidence of at Nationals when he bombed on the quad and went on to make other mistakes as well, losing the National title for a second consecutive year when he unsuccessfully attempted the quad.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 04-30-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast