View Poll Results: Where would you go for your honeymoon?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamaica

2 3.45%
  • Prince Edward Island

11 18.97%
  • Portugal (mainly Algarve - but also Lisbon)

12 20.69%
  • Budapest/Vienna

18 31.03%
  • Other

15 25.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Are you travelling for your honeymoon right after your wedding day? If so, keep in mind that you will be really, really tired after your wedding day and may not want to do much for the first few days of your honeymoon besides veg.

We went to Disney World for our honeymoon and had a great time. But the first few days we were so tired from the wedding festivities that we barely visited any of the theme parks and had long naps every afternoon.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    Are you travelling for your honeymoon right after your wedding day? If so, keep in mind that you will be really, really tired after your wedding day and may not want to do much for the first few days of your honeymoon besides veg.

We went to Disney World for our honeymoon and had a great time. But the first few days we were so tired from the wedding festivities that we barely visited any of the theme parks and had long naps every afternoon.
    My husband's workplace burnt to the ground six months before our wedding and he had a very unstable job situation for four and half months and started a new job just six weeks before our wedding. So our honeymoon was two nights in the city down the road with my husband on unpaid leave (which was generous because the company has a no leave policy for the first three months).

Even with only two days, all we did the first afternoon was sleep at our hotel.

We wanted to take a trip this summer, but now my job situation and, therefore, our finances after September, is a great unknown. So we may never have a vacation at all.

vCash
    I would suggest Italy, so romantic!

We went to Hawaii, awesome in a different way.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Portugal, easily.
    First of all, Budapest is one of the least romantic places on Earth. Don't remember Vienna too well, though.

Personally, if I wanted to have the best time of my life, I'd go for a place that is not overcrowded with tourists and where the locals do not treat you like a walking stupid bag of money. Portugal is cheap, nice, relatively "lost", has huge historical interest, beautiful views and off the beaten track. Plus, they are very family oriented, so honeymooners would get a good treatment, I would assume.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    In my opinion, avoid Jamaica like the plague. Horrific place. Went there to get my seaman's visa when I was on cruise ships. Thought I'd stay a few days then ended up paying to leave early as it was such a shock to the system. Horrific food, accommodation and conditions. Mind you, I was in Kingston Town which is not really a tourist mecca.
    Well, it's Kingston so I'll give you the accommodation and conditions but horrific food? As a half-Jamaican (Jam-erican?) that's like an dagger in my heart!

Seriously, Kingston is not at all representative of a vacation in Jamaica. That's like going to Detroit and saying the U.S. sucks... Most folks go to resorts in Ocho Rios/Montego Bay/Negril, and those places are very nice.

Other island possibilities: What about Costa Rica - it's gorgeous, and you can explore the rainforests and check out the gorgeous birds but also chill on the beach. I'm going there next (well, after Israel, Thailand and Hong Kong, in that order).

Also, a friend of mine went to Belize for her honeymoon and raved about its beauty.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I'd like to cruise the Greek islands and soak up the sun...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Hawaii ..specially if it your honey moon ...

vCash
    or you know I loved Brazil..

vCash
    I think a lot depends on what you want to do on your honeymoon. Do you want to spend relaxing/romantic time sunning + . Or do you want to sight see. If you go to Europe, it would be a shame to go there and not visit museums/churches, explore the culture. That might be something for a non-honeymoon trip. But, if you've lived together for a while, this may be more of a vacation than a romantic, stay in the hotel room all week adventure.

vCash
    Hawaii

Total cliche, but truly one of the most beautiful places on earth.
    One night in Honolulu, then visit one of the smaller islands...

My cousins lived there for a couple of years and it was happy happy joy joy to visit them. They didn't want to leave.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    I'm hoping that if and when we get married we'll save some money by having a smallish wedding and be able to go somewhere good for our honeymoon.
    This is exactly what we did - I'm a firm believer in investing in a memorable honeymoon, and in celebrating one's anniversary every year, even if it's just a special dinner at home for the two of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    First of all, Budapest is one of the least romantic places on Earth. Don't remember Vienna too well, though.
    Haven't been to Vienna (but would LOVE to), but did spend a night in Budapest at a fantastically stunning hotel that would be great for a honeymoon. Very grand, but down to earth service makes it welcoming for everyone - check out Four Seasons, even if just for a night while you are touring around Vienna, Prague etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12