Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    I hope Emily tones down her (fake?) red hair color.

vCash
    It seems weird to say this given how some feel about S&Z's choreography but S&B's programs will probably be more interesting under Igor and Marina than they have been in the past. Also like V&M, S&B's formative years were spent under different coaches who gave them excellent technique. It will be interesting to see S&Z add more speed and difficulty to Emily and Evan's programs to go along with their great skating skills.

Maybe I'll finally start to like and "get" S&B.

vCash
    While I think this move will likely benefit S/B in the long run for many of the reasons Carmen stated, it makes me realize how much I'm really going to miss NavBoms this year (and S/G if the rumors of a split are true)

Now I fear that everyone will look completely the same. Here's hoping that the Hubbell's bring something fresh and interesting!!!

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Do people think the Virtue & Moir and Davis & White look the same? It never seemed that way to me.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Do people think the Virtue & Moir and Davis & White look the same? It never seemed that way to me.
    I was thinking more in terms of US Ice dancing. And I actually do think there are many similarities in style and choeography with all of the Igor teams. Maybe not so much with V/M, but I think of them as Marina's.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I think this is great for Emily and Evan. Looking forward to seeing what Igor/Marina can do for them. Mostly hoping that they lose some of the dryness and bring some hotness! Which I think they are more than capable of doing.
    I think we might be two of about ten people who think this is a good move for them.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Davis & White, Chock & Zurlein, and the Shibs all look alike?

I think there are things that Shpilband does with all his teams, but I think they retain more of there own styles than this claim is making it sound. I really can't see SamBates suddenly looking like Davis & White clones.

I'd rather they were going somewhere else, but I don't think they are going to totally disappear as a distinctive team.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    They also share coaching duties with Shae-Lynn for Weaver & Poje , and then they seemed to have few teams at 4CC. Sorry, I can't remember their names, offhand..I thought there was another American team..their rock and roll Od was sort-of interchangeable with the Hubbells.. I might be getting myself into trouble, here.... Nice, though...

Edit ; but F/S thankfully kept Camerlengo's choreography.

The other rock and roll team was Jane Summersett & Todd Gilles. I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Davis & White, Chock & Zurlein, and the Shibs all look alike?
    I think D&W and C&Z have a similar skating style. The Shibs skate more like V&M.

It will be interesting to see what S/Z do with S&B. Their recent FDs have been so bland, so lacking in personality that I feel they have no style. Hopefully S/Z will give them that.

It's going to be a dogfight in US dance for the next 4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    While I think this move will likely benefit S/B in the long run for many of the reasons Carmen stated, it makes me realize how much I'm really going to miss NavBoms this year (and S/G if the rumors of a split are true)
    I just looked up Summersett and Gilles's profile on icenetwork. It says that they announced the end to their partnership April 2010. I'm so sad, I feel that they had so much unrealized potential....

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=39073&mode=P

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I think D&W and C&Z have a similar skating style.
    Maybe, but I have a hard time seeing that because Chock doesn't seem anything like Meryl Davis to me.

It will be interesting to see what S/Z do with S&B. Their recent FDs have been so bland, so lacking in personality that I feel they have no style. Hopefully S/Z will give them that.
    They actually do have a style, and a very beautiful one. Apparently a lot of people confuse it with bland and boring though... I could watch their FDs a million times myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I just looked up Summersett and Gilles's profile on icenetwork. It says that they announced the end to their partnership April 2010. I'm so sad, I feel that they had so much unrealized potential....

totally bummed. I just loved them and was really excited to see them develop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post

Yes, that makes me sad too. I loved them at Nationals this year.

vCash
    Either I'm already one of the 10 Z/S boosters or make that count 11 .

One of the things I like about Z/S is that they they don't give their skaters cookie-cutter programs a la Linichuk, for example. They obviously give a lot of thought to what suits their skaters' individual strengths and body types. I expect to be thrilled with S/B next season ( of course I've always liked them, anyway ) because I don't think for a moment that Z/S will try to turn them into something else , but rather work to enhance their already considerable talents.

vCash
    I'm sorry to see that S&G have broken up. They were becoming one of my favorite teams and had (IMO) one of the best FD's of the year this past season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I'm sorry to see that S&G have broken up. They were becoming one of my favorite teams and had (IMO) one of the best FD's of the year this past season.
    I loved their OD.

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    At this rate, Team Shpilband/ Zueva is well on its way to World Domination.

Seriously though, I'm glad for Emily and Evan! They are good technicians with lovely basics; what let them done imo was their programmes. Igor and Marina have done a pretty good job packaging their teams this season, hopefully they'll be able to do the same for S/B next season!

That said, why not Camerlengo/ Krylova?? The Canton stable is packed, especially since V/M and D/W have both committed to next season!

vCash
    So they're trading in generic, cliched choreography for more generic, cliched choreography.

Awesome.

vCash
    Oh nos.

Poor Shibutani/Shibutani.

Some of their balletic basics are good but ballet is one thing skating skills another, their skating skills (which are so highly touted by some) for me are not that impressive. Besides they cheat lots of steps which will need correction and am sure they will be!! But their lines are totally impeccable, other than that nothing strikes me as OMG what skaters.

well now we know who Igor and USA Federation will decide who gets gold and bronze in Sochi
    Last edited by piano18; 04-29-2010 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    So they're trading in generic, cliched choreography for more generic, cliched choreography.

Awesome.
    Hahahaha, word.

I really wanted Samuelson/Bates to change coaches because I could not bear seeing their talent wasted under their former coaches giving them generic choreography to cheesy music.

A swap to any other coaching team would be an improvement.

Although with S/Z they're at least going to make a lot of progress technically, I would imagine.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast