Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No, it's easy to be a fan because you can just like something because you like it and that's it.
    So, people who like something are mindless, and people who dis something are brave and heroic? Clever, but sad. (And since I just dissed your position, do I get "brave and heroic" points? )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    So, people who like something are mindless, and people who dis something are brave and heroic? Clever, but sad. (And since I just dissed your position, do I get "brave and heroic" points? )
    I said fans, not people who like something.

The point being: being aware of why you like something and being able to explain it.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 05-02-2010 at 01:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Tom Dickson and Christopher Dean did some phenominal choreography for Summersett/Gilles the past two seasons that included unique lifts and interesting connecting steps and transitions. I wish one of the top teams would use them.
    While I completely agree that Dickson/Dean have done some excellent choreography for Summersett/Gilles, Gilles/Donohue(2008), and back to Pratt/Gilles, I don't think most realize that the elements in these programs were primarily done by their coach, Patti Gottwein in conjunction with the skaters. In the Dickson programs all the elements are done by Gottwein with the footwork have some influence by Dickson. I don't think Gottwein receives enough credit for her work on these programs.

Conceptually the credit goes to the choreographers, but if you're looking for new elements I don't know that your solution is simply using these choreographers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
    While I completely agree that Dickson/Dean have done some excellent choreography for Summersett/Gilles, Gilles/Donohue(2008), and back to Pratt/Gilles, I don't think most realize that the elements in these programs were primarily done by their coach, Patti Gottwein in conjunction with the skaters. In the Dickson programs all the elements are done by Gottwein with the footwork have some influence by Dickson. I don't think Gottwein receives enough credit for her work on these programs.

Conceptually the credit goes to the choreographers, but if you're looking for new elements I don't know that your solution is simply using these choreographers.
    Very good point. Thank you for clarifying. Patti is an excellent coach and definitely deserves much of the credit in regard to the originality of her teams.

vCash
    S&B were just plain boring, puting death in my soul while watching them, but with Igor and Marina, they'll be less boring but another bland team from that "camp". With the same elements done and redone to death every single year. Whoopee.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567