Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Moto Guzzi View Post
    Nearly 400 people came to the school's annual alumni dinner. Somebody did a roll call of years and had class members stand as their year was called. The oldest attendees graduated in 1936! In some instances, three generations of graduates were there.
    I passed this on as a suggestion to the people that organized the reunion. It seems that many of the members are part of the local historical society & they use the society's monthly meetings for much the same purpose as what you mentioned. They are going to discuss the idea of trying to turn this picnic into an annual event. They'll check with the Historical Society to see if they can help & to see if there is any local interest. I'm interested to see how this works out.

NJL

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    NJL, my school ties their annual dinner in with their scholarship drive. The students who received scholarships from alumni funds came to the dinner and were introduced to the attendees. Some of the classes fund a scholarship and others donate scholarship money in memory of a teacher or student. I'm thinking about establishing one in memory of my brother.

They hold the alumni dinner in the school cafeteria to keep the costs down (I spent four years avoiding that cafeteria) so that most of the money the diners paid went to the scholarship fund. After the scholarship winners were presented, the MC asked people if they would like to donate for a scholarship for next year and sent the seniors around with buckets to collect money. As a recipient of three scholarships when I graduated, I was happy to contribute because I know how much it helps.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Moto Guzzi View Post
    NJL, my school ties their annual dinner in with their scholarship drive. The students who received scholarships from alumni funds came to the dinner and were introduced to the attendees. Some of the classes fund a scholarship and others donate scholarship money in memory of a teacher or student. I'm thinking about establishing one in memory of my brother.

They hold the alumni dinner in the school cafeteria to keep the costs down (I spent four years avoiding that cafeteria) so that most of the money the diners paid went to the scholarship fund. After the scholarship winners were presented, the MC asked people if they would like to donate for a scholarship for next year and sent the seniors around with buckets to collect money. As a recipient of three scholarships when I graduated, I was happy to contribute because I know how much it helps.
    Great idea!

I'm still in contact with the people that are running things. I'll present this to them. Maybe something will come of it. Maybe not.

NJL (..either way, thanks......)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345