Thread: Ticket master

vCash

Ticket master

I'm confused...

Several weeks ago, I purchased tickets to CSOI at Copps Coliseum through ticket master. From their web site, I selected best available seats at any price. At the time, the best seats being assigned were towards the end of the rink (section 120). I assumed centre ice seats were all sold out.

Just for fun, today I tried to see what is currently available. I noticed seats in section 108 (mid rink) are now being sold for the same price. Does ticketmaster hold back centre ice seats for last minute sales, or is section 120 better than 108 for some reason I don't understand?

gold dust woman
    vCash
    There is a reason they call it Ticketbastard.

But yes, it's possible that they were holding some seats, and something fell through.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Ticket Master is EVILLE! I wish another similar service would come along and put them out of business. As far as I am concerned they constantly pull illegal stunts to make money and it has come back to bite them in the form of lawsuits on many occasions.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Re-registered User
    vCash
    The best seats are often held until the day of the concert and then released only hours before an event.

Also- Ticket bastard will often offer the same seats over and over, as the best available, until someone buys them, and then the next ones offered could be a lot worse or a lot better.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I understand that when tickets initially go on sale that you can't really choose your seats as about eleventy billion people are all trying for them. But a couple days after they are on sale, would it be so hard to for them to show currently available seats?

But keep trying. I got numbers and myself some awesome AI tickets about two months after they went on sale. Right by the stage. The previous times I'd tried, I'd gotten nosebleed in the back...

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I wonder if some of the tickets are reserved for tour groups and then at a certain point they get released?

vCash
    We have them here in Australia too. They have a total monopoly on selling tickets for events here.

They advertise the price of the show, then stick another $6-7 on top of the ticket as a booking fee, not to mention credit card booking fees. Then if they send your tickets out they charge way more than the postage price as postage and handling.

Wish they would just advertise the total price as the ticket price instead of all the additional charges.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    But keep trying. I got numbers and myself some awesome AI tickets about two months after they went on sale. Right by the stage. The previous times I'd tried, I'd gotten nosebleed in the back...
    And they were totally awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post

They advertise the price of the show, then stick another $6-7 on top of the ticket as a booking fee, not to mention credit card booking fees. Then if they send your tickets out they charge way more than the postage price as postage and handling.
    My favorite is when the $20 ticket becomes the $35 ticket. My second favorite thing is in the US, they will mail them to you for no charge (yet). But if you want to print them yourself, it's $1.25. Um, what?

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I despise TicketBastard with the fire of a thousand nuns. I'm getting tickets for my Mom to see Chicago/Doobie Brothers for Mother's Day, and I'm cringing at how I'm going to get ass-fcuked on the service charges

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    My favorite is when the $20 ticket becomes the $35 ticket. My second favorite thing is in the US, they will mail them to you for no charge (yet). But if you want to print them yourself, it's $1.25. Um, what?
    That shocked me when got my tickets for the Lion King.. I still printed them myself because it's way more convenient, but the fact that they charge me to print out tickets using my own printer, paper and ink is just

vCash
    You are kidding me. I haven't gone to use that print out my own ticket thing before (mainly because I don't buy enough tickets to see shows), but that really is criminal.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I think the best seats are given to scalpers, and if they are not sold, they are given back to the box office hours or maybe days before a show. I've been to sold out shows where there were decent seats available at the day of the show and there are also ones where there were no tix available on the day of the show and I was the 1st one in line waiting to buy tix.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The best tickets tend to go to their other sites that Ticketmaster owns. It is similar to scalping but online. This is one of the things Ticketmaster got in big trouble for but I think they are still doing it, just putting it in the fine print so it isn't so misleading. So you can't get the best tickets on Ticketmaster but you can follow a link to another site and get them for 5x the price. They suck soooo bad. I love that when I go see Kelly Clarkson I get the fanclub tickets. It is still through ticketmaster but the fanclub guarantees us seats really close and at the normal price.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I've also been told that the Ticketmaster "best available" algorithm is seriously broken, at least for skating fans -- it will always offer you a seat in row N, even if it is at one of the ends rather than a seat at centerline in row N+1.