Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

PJ caught up with Josee Chouinard as well!

vCash
    I still miss Josee Chouinard...

vCash
    I miss her skating too (and the peanut gallery comments about her nerves can just shut it...).
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    "skating destroyed me and built me" --

stellar quote, full of self awareness about her up and down career, full of rough performances and great ones, too.

somehow her nervousness and vulnerability made her a more compelling personality - a star -- than the steady athletes of her time.

even when she wasn't on, i loved to watch her skate. she had some of the finest choreography (1994 season).

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I also loved Josee's skating. She had such spunk, as well as grace, out there.

What's really sad though? This is the first thread about Josee at FSU since blades passing I think. It's so strange to see a Josee thread and no post from him in it.

vCash
    I thought of blades too. What a great sense of humour he had.

vCash
    I enjoyed Josee so much.

vCash
    i have given my dad many pressies over the years- and the ONE thing he treasures? is my skate canada 2008 picture with my 5 week old daughter and JOSEE! ( it has never left the mantle since~)
    I can only hope that she comes to victoria in 2011 so I can update the pic LOL
    good to read about her - thanks for the link

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Count me as another Josee fan! I always found her programs so captivating. She had such a vulnerable beauty to her and a terrific, entertaining personality on the ice.

vCash
    I loved her Sweater program and her American in Paris FS.

Good work PJ. Love your writing.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash

Blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Picton View Post
    I thought of blades too. What a great sense of humour he had.
    Who was Blades?

vCash
    It's good to hear that she is doing well. Does anyone know what Jean Michel Bombardier is doing these days? (I don't think they are married anymore.) At one point, he was working in some capacity with a skating show....

vCash
    He used to own his own company that produced various events - including several skating tours and shows. I'm not sure that his company exists anymore and would also be very interested in knowing what he is doing.

Josee did say in an interview during the Olympic Games that they have been separated - for around four years I think. I find that truly shocking because they were together for so many years and their children would have been very young when they separated. It's very sad to see any relationship end - particularly when they have been together for so long and have children together.

vCash
    I still miss Josee's skating too. I don't think I've ever been so emotionally invested in a skater. (I can even look past the fact that she named Pretty Woman as her favourite movie in a recent article).

People still bring her up in conversations. During the Vancouver Olympics, a colleague brought her up, reminiscing about how crushing it was to watch her at the Olympics. That was 16 years ago! I don't think people would remember those disappointments if she hadn't touched them so personally. Like Orser, I think the pain she went through during her career only served to make her a better coach, who cares about a student's long term well being. Happy to hear that she's found her niche.

vCash
    I loved Josee as well; I followed her career from juniors through professional. I was always so frustrated for her that she could not put 3 back to back skates together; it was one or the other. Off the ice she's extremely nice and personable; you could tell she appreciates her fans.

I knew about the separation 4 years ago and I feel bad for her and her kids. She has a great support system with her mom and I'm thrilled that she's found her niche in helping others. I can't believe the twins are 5 already! Where did the time go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    Who was Blades?
    blades was a dear friend to many of us not just here at FSU, but at other skating boards as well. He was also one heck of a character who had many of us in stitches from his postings. blades was a huge Josee fan and I'm pretty sure even that's an understatement.

It's been a couple of years since his passing, but I miss him around here, as well as his friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    I can't believe the twins are 5 already! Where did the time go?
    Know what's even scarier? Daria Grinkova's at that age where kids are seriously thinking of what College/University they want to attend in a year or two.

As you said...Where did the time go to!?!

INTJ
    vCash
    She's such a classy lady...

I skated as "local talent" in a show that she was in many moons ago. I got to practice with the "stars" and promptly got in her way. I was horrified and felt terrible. She was so generous and kind with me and even remembered me three or four years later at a seminar.

"Skating destroyed me and built me"

I love that. That sums up how I feel about the sport.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

living every minute
    vCash
    Josee and jean-Michel have been separated since about 6 months after their twins were born.

blades was a long-time poster here and on other boards who had met many people here on the board. He died a few years ago and the next skating event, there was an empty seat with his name on it to honour him.

ETA: guess we were posting at the same time, AE
    Last edited by Mevrouw; 07-30-2010 at 06:40 PM.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    No problems Mevrouw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    He used to own his own company that produced various events - including several skating tours and shows. I'm not sure that his company exists anymore and would also be very interested in knowing what he is doing.
    Looks like he’s still at it: Celebration on Ice – Facebook

A bit of superficial comment I guess, but I have to say how fantastic Josee looks. Never in a million years would you guess she’s over 40.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast