Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

vCash
    Just guessing, but many of the former pro athletes are still involved in their sports either as broadcasters or coaches. The timing of DWTS is off for anyone related to baseball, coming at the start and end of each season. The football guys are off from the beginning of February until July/August, so I suspect that's why you see more of them.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    They've had a former basketball player, a former tennis player, a female wrestler, a rodeo star, 2 male boxers, a female boxer, an Indy car driver, a martial arts/actor, a ultimate fighting champ, but they seem to focus on the NFL and Olympic athletes as far as sports go. Maybe Beckham would oblige?
    Doesn't he have a bad achilles tendon? Given what happened to the Oly beach V-ball grrl who danced with the stars, I'd think Beckham would give it a pass. Although the thought of him doing the shirtless star turn is

Tranquillo
    vCash
    baseball seems like a big sports gap, and there are a number of baseball players who I think would be relatively well known to a US audience. I'd also expect a NASCAR driver would be a popular choice. Maybe the baseball and NASCAR seasons are too long, but I think they'd be some retired players who'd be sufficiently well known. Some of the US women soccer players seem to qualify as "celebrities" by the shoow standards, or maybe a female basketball player.

I'd love a cyclist, but I don't really see that attracting a big audience - and male cyclists don't tend to look good shirtless There are some female cyclists with world and olympic gold, including Kristen Armstrong. Maybe they could get some press by talking about champion cyclist Armstrong (even though she's no relation to Lance).
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Anybody in a TV series is too busy, same with an active movie career. Most pro athletes are out unless they're retired or it's something with a limited season. Entertainers with *real jobs* such as Donny Osmond find themselves exhausted before the season is over if they're flying all over the country (like Evan) and none of them could make the committment to doing a tour. Singers who're recording and/or touring are out for the same reason. This creates some real limits for the producers.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'd still have to vote Mel B and Maks. Their Paso was the best I've seen.

The Argentine tango should suit Evan very well.
    A Mel/Maks v. Gilles/Cheryl final would be a dream.

vCash
    Kate Gosselin's New Book Bombs

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrityn...-bombs-2010294

(don't know anything about the book, but if it was on par with her dancing skills...the editor probably has a vague idea what Tony had to endure)

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Per Anna's twitter, Evan and Anna have the Argentine tango next week.
    I see there's also a team cha-cha. Not sure how that will be scored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Derek's team will win of course!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I think they did a few team events last year, and IIRC, each of the judges gave each team a score, and everyone on the team got the same score. The team scores were added to their individual scores for each pair's overall score for the night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    Basketball players? Clyde Drexler was in season 4, but he wasn't very good and was voted off in week 4.

I don't think there have been any soccer players, but they did have a beach volleyball player and a UFC guy.
    Yeah, I remember Clyde was pretty bad. I don't see basketball players overall being that successful since they are usually so tall. It'd be kinda interesting to see Dirk Nowitzki on the show since he has some ballet training, but he's 7 ft tall.

vCash
    I wonder why DWTS isn't on DVD yet? I can't get enough of watching utube vids of Mya & Dimitri. I was also rewatching last night vids of Shawn & Marks and Lil Kim & Derek. Great fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I wonder why DWTS isn't on DVD yet? I can't get enough of watching utube vids of Mya & Dimitri. I was also rewatching last night vids of Shawn & Marks and Lil Kim & Derek. Great fun.
    IIRC, it's not on DVD because of music rights.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    NFL players and sometimes whole teams take ballet classes - or at least they used to. Herschel Walker once performed with the Ft. Worth Ballet and I believe other NFL players performed with Chicago City Ballet. Lynn Swann of the Steelers danced from childhood. I wonder if dance is a more normal part of agility training in the NFL so the players are naturally attracted to this show. I have never heard of baseball teams/players being very involved in dance training.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    NFL players and sometimes whole teams take ballet classes - or at least they used to. Herschel Walker once performed with the Ft. Worth Ballet and I believe other NFL players performed with Chicago City Ballet. Lynn Swann of the Steelers danced from childhood. I wonder if dance is a more normal part of agility training in the NFL so the players are naturally attracted to this show. I have never heard of baseball teams/players being very involved in dance training.
    Some outfielders do. I remember a UConn player taking a leaping class at the Hartford Ballet, and that was in the 70s.

vCash
    I have never heard of baseball teams/players being very involved in dance training.
    Half of the baseball players don't look physically fit enough to endure DWTS training, anyway . And retired baseball players, . (Tom Glavine might be an exception. He was drafted both as a hockey player and as a baseball player; he chose baseball).

vCash
    I'd love a cyclist, but I don't really see that attracting a big audience - and male cyclists don't tend to look good shirtless There are some female cyclists with world and olympic gold, including Kristen Armstrong. Maybe they could get some press by talking about champion cyclist Armstrong (even though she's no relation to Lance).
    Kristen Armstrong would be great. I'd love to see a cyclist, too, and she's pretty accomplished, and might actually dance well.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    TV Guide had an article about this season and mentioned that this is the first time they've had cameras going in the practice studios the whole time the teams are practicig. So if it seems that there is a bit more and this season, it may just be because they're not missing anything this time.

vCash
    TV Guide had an article about this season and mentioned that this is the first time they've had cameras going in the practice studios the whole time the teams are practicig. So if it seems that there is a bit more and this season, it may just be because they're not missing anything this time.
    That's because studio footage is way cheaper to shoot than all the manufactured B reel they usually do. DWTS built these dance studios and own them. They've probably pre-installed TV lighting and other equipment. Makes it very easy to film rehearsals. On the other hand, sending a crew out for the day to some location involves work and $$$. I'm finding this repetitive studio footage annoying, but I suppose it's no worse than a fictional shopping trip.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Which makes the complete lack of around Evan and Anna (aside from taking a nasty fall on his head) all the more noticable. He really is quite the professional.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Doesn't he have a bad achilles tendon? Given what happened to the Oly beach V-ball grrl who danced with the stars, I'd think Beckham would give it a pass. Although the thought of him doing the shirtless star turn is
    I would vote for David Beckham if he simply stood in the middle of the floor and waved his arms. Sorry. Big crush.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast