Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Sitcoms are hard to survive though. The network would probably want to put her in a sitcom as a hot single mom raising teenagers who are embarrassed of their sexy mom . Been there. Done that. Maybe she can do a Nicolette Sheridan-like role for the short-term on DH.

Just please don't give her a reality show.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Nope, don't watch the Bachellor or The Bachelorette. Pretty much the only "reality" TV I watch is DWTS and my guilty-pleasure show, ANTM. (When I remember it's on.) Really, besides DWTS, the only show on one of the major networks I watch is NCIS. So most of the 'reality' stars are blank slates for me.

vCash
    I just watched it now. Major to Melissa Ethridge. Love her.

I would really like Nicole to go next. She is so grating, whiny and pretentious and not nearly as good as her scores would suggest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    I just watched it now. Major to Melissa Ethridge. Love her.

I would really like Nicole to go next. She is so grating, whiny and pretentious and not nearly as good as her scores would suggest.
    I'm afraid that just like Joanna last season, Nicole will be dancing until the finale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I'm afraid that just like Joanna last season, Nicole will be dancing until the finale.
    Joanna was ousted in the semi final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Joanna was ousted in the semi final.
    I thought that she had made the top 3 -- shows just how bad my memory is. Then I suppose there is still some hope that Nicole will leave before then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Just please don't give her a reality show.
    More like another reality show (thanks to E!; although at least she didn't have her children involved with the show)

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/pam-girl-loose/294642

vCash
    I too get tired of the seemingly endless parade of reality stars on DWTS. I am aware that they probably cost less than the actors or even athletes at their prime. The show has to have a certain quantity to make it a full season so quality is not always a priority.

However, they seem to miss some opportunities. We've seen the parade of football players trying to dance and even two boxers. Have we seen a baseball player? A soccer player? I won't even get into the ones they have skipped over in the entertainment field.

Honestly, I think the reason is economics more than anything else. We know each "star" is paid a differing amount whether that is the weekly rate or the signing amount. Pam is probably more expensive than Jake for example.

I would still like to see them do a champ season. Past champs could come back with new partners and see who is the best of the supposed best. It would be a way to capitalize on the fame of past winners and let them mug for the camera more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    More like another reality show (thanks to E!; although at least she didn't have her children involved with the show)

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/pam-girl-loose/294642
    Yikes! I don't remember that at all, which is probably good for me. Although shows like that may bring a celeb money and attention, they don't usually do much to improve his or her image. They often do just the opposite. I cringe whenever someone I like signs up for something like that.

vCash
    Oh Pam! NO!
    Why can't she get a nice show where she acts like a normal mother in her 40's, instead of a sexpot?
    Something like CSI, Law & Order, etc. A good part in a good series.
    She can act, people just don't notice it because she is always getting the sexy role on a silly series.
    I also wish her a good man after the losers she has had.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Per Anna's twitter, Evan and Anna have the Argentine tango next week.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 04-29-2010 at 01:48 AM.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    . . . . I would still like to see them do a champ season. Past champs could come back with new partners and see who is the best of the supposed best. It would be a way to capitalize on the fame of past winners and let them mug for the camera more.
    Yeah, that's a great idea. Kind of like Celebrity Apprentice or Survivor All-Stars! I think it would be a hit!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Yeah, that's a great idea. Kind of like Celebrity Apprentice or Survivor All-Stars! I think it would be a hit!!
    When the ratings start to go down then the producers will bring out the Dancing With The All-Stars. Can you imagine the following pairs competing against each other: Kristi & Mark, Mel B & Maks, Mario L & Karina, Julianna & Apollo, Jason Taylor & Edyta, Evan & Anna, Lisa Rhena & Louis, Gilles & Cheryl, Mya & Dimitri, Joey & Kim. Now that will be a competition !
    Last edited by orbitz; 04-29-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    If that doesn't work out, maybe we could just bring Gilles back each season?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    When the ratings start to go down then the producers will bring out the Dancing With The All-Stars. Can you imagine the following pairs competing against each other: Kristi & Mark, Mel B & Maks, Mario L & Karina, Julianna & Apollo, Jason Taylor & Edyta, Evan & Anna, Lisa Rhena & Louis, Gilles & Cheryl, Mya & Dimitri, Joey & Kim. Now that will be a competition !
    I'd still have to vote Mel B and Maks. Their Paso was the best I've seen.

The Argentine tango should suit Evan very well.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    However, they seem to miss some opportunities. We've seen the parade of football players trying to dance and even two boxers. Have we seen a baseball player? A soccer player? I won't even get into the ones they have skipped over in the entertainment field.
    Basketball players? Clyde Drexler was in season 4, but he wasn't very good and was voted off in week 4.

I don't think there have been any soccer players, but they did have a beach volleyball player and a UFC guy.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Maks was interviewed on our local radio this morning. You all probably know this, but I didn't and found it interesting. He was on the Olympic reserve team in swimming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    If that doesn't work out, maybe we could just bring Gilles back each season?

EYS!!!

vCash
    Love her or hate her, Kate Gosselin certainly helped to jack up Dancing with the Stars’ stellar ratings this season. Now the question is whether her absence could help to bring those numbers down. Last night’s telecast provided some indication that viewers are definitely drifting from the dance floor:
    http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...kate-gosselin/

Jimmy Fallon joked that DWTS will compensate by next airing a real life train wreck .

Beach Bum
    vCash
    They've had a former basketball player, a former tennis player, a female wrestler, a rodeo star, 2 male boxers, a female boxer, an Indy car driver, a martial arts/actor, a ultimate fighting champ, but they seem to focus on the NFL and Olympic athletes as far as sports go. Maybe Beckham would oblige?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast