Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    DoneIt
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Maybe they'll ask Plushy to be on the show and everybody will learn to love him too.
    But would Plushy think ballroom dancing is manly enough? I'd love to see him on the show - don't know how easygoing he would be with the critcisms though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SceneIt View Post
    But would Plushy think ballroom dancing is manly enough? I'd love to see him on the show - don't know how easygoing he would be with the critcisms though.
    Plush? Share limelight?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I couldn't read Evan's expression at all. I don't know if he was just being gracious so he wasn't cheering in front of the person who'd be eliminated, or if he just felt bad that he'd done "badly" in the dance and was still depressed, or if it was something else altogether.
    I thought Evan just looked confused. I've heard past contestants say sometimes they can't hear that clearly on the stage. He looked like he wasn't sure what was said -- safe or bottom two. Also, he might have been feeling a little out of it. Adrenalin carried him through Monday's show, but with nothing to do on Tuesday but stand and wait, the effects of the concussion may have hit him.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I thought he couldn't hear and was trying to figure out what Anna's reaction was so he'd know if he was safe or bottom 2.

I am also glad Jake's 3-reality show ride is over at least for now. I am sure he and Vienna will pop up again somewhere though. His speech was
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    To be honest I was less worried watching Evan's fall (over and over and over again, thank you so much producers) about his head than his neck. It looked more like he came down on his neck and shoulders, and that kind of fall freaks me out.
    Last month I fell on my head while skating and I can tell you that the biggest issue was more the whiplash effect than the actual bump on the head. It wasn't even a very bad fall, but I had what I fondly call "swirly brain" for about a week after. I felt like I had been in a car accident. Although Evan's fall really didn't involve much whiplash, his neck must've been awfully stiff and sore for days. Scary stuff, head injuries. I'm sure it was a factor in his performances in DWTS and SOI.

re: Plushy - if DWTS will make us lurves him, will it also make him get better hair a la Evan?

re: Cheryl/85 - it must be exhausting for her to deal with his Pepe LePew personality all week long if in fact she is not into him at all. He's good looking but a littly squicky.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    re: Cheryl/85 - it must be exhausting for her to deal with his Pepe LePew personality all week long if in fact she is not into him at all.
    PML!!!!!!

"Ah, my little Cherie....."
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Last month I fell on my head while skating and I can tell you that the biggest issue was more the whiplash effect than the actual bump on the head. It wasn't even a very bad fall, but I had what I fondly call "swirly brain" for about a week after. I felt like I had been in a car accident. .
    After my car accident the worst was the morning after, when everything had time to tighten up. I could barely move my neck and shoulders at all. Depending on how hard he landed and what they gave him the next day he probably did not feel good at ALL.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SceneIt View Post
    He could dance with Anna and they could yell at each other in Russian.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    He could dance with Anna and they could yell at each other in Russian.
    I would pay to see that. But if they could tone down his flailing arms and show him there's music other than , I'd totally vote for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I would pay to see that. But if they could tone down his flailing arms and show him there's music other than , I'd totally vote for him.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Ok, one down. Now for 85 to get 86'd.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Why do people on this board generally do not like Jake? Shouldn't he be admired for giving his 100% and really going for it in all of his dances? He never took this competition as a joke and/or as just something he did to pass time and get a paycheck.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Why do people on this board generally do not like Jake? Shouldn't he be admired for giving his 100% and really going for it in all of his dances? He never took this competition as a joke and/or as just something he did to pass time and get a paycheck.
    Can't speak for anyone else but reality stars in general give me a pain. (Paging Kate.) It's one thing if they win a real competition, American Idol and some others qualify, but those who are cast because of looks or "charisma" rather than a talent to sing or dance or sew or cook, meh. That goes for all those plastic surgery chicks, Kardashians and whatsherface with the ten surgeries in one day, double.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else but reality stars in general give me a pain. (Paging Kate.)
    This. I don't go out of my way to learn anything about these kind of people yet I still know too much about them. I would prefer they all just go away and do something useful.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2 View Post
    This. I don't go out of my way to learn anything about these kind of people yet I still know too much about them.
    This Two. I've said the exact same thing about not wanting to know and yet still knowing about them.

Fame and success with no talent is so offensive to anyone who's actually toiled in the arts and entertainment.

Plus I've always been turned off by the type of ultra-narcissistic personality that people on reality shows must possess, have to possess to even want to do that.

For the record, I don't even watch American Idol because I'm quite underwhelmed by the "talent" there, and I think that it too is a cheap shortcut to success.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I didn't find Jake particularly annoying, at least not any more so than Chad. (And to me Jake was better-looking.) But of those left, it was time for him or Chad to go.

vCash
    This. I don't go out of my way to learn anything about these kind of people yet I still know too much about them. I would prefer they all just go away and do something useful.
    This 3. The show is Dancing with the STARS, not Dancing with the 15-minutes of Fame. I expect even the D listers on DWTS to know how to put on a show. That's not a skill that most reality show folks have and it makes them very painful to watch.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    They use reality stars because who else would have the time to do the show if they are busy working? Plus, there's always the risk of making themselves looking like a fool, whereas a fame whore has nothing better to do than get the exposure.

vCash
    ^^ This 5 (or 6 or whatever)...

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I didn't find Jake particularly annoying, at least not any more so than Chad. (And to me Jake was better-looking.) But of those left, it was time for him or Chad to go.
    Did you watch Bachelorette and Bachelor with Jake? He gets more annoying over time. But so does Chad.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast