Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am so glad that stumblebum went home. There would have been no justice in the world if he had stayed and Pam or Evan had went home.
    And speaking of Evan, WHEEEEEEEEEEE he was smoking hot in that dance.
    And His being so thin, I would never have thought he would have such a good looking chest
    Didn't like Pam in the black wig, but liked her dancing. Well heck, just like her.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I couldn't read Evan's expression at all. I don't know if he was just being gracious so he wasn't cheering in front of the person who'd be eliminated, or if he just felt bad that he'd done "badly" in the dance and was still depressed, or if it was something else altogether.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Now Jake is free to take his pants and go back to whatever he can think of to extend his 15 minutes of fame into 16 minutes.
    Let's just hope it's not a televised wedding....I couldn't take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    btw were those sports science people from Wayne State University in Detroit? (I think there's another Wayne State in the US.)
    There's a Wayne State College in Nebraska

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I couldn't read Evan's expression at all. I don't know if he was just being gracious so he wasn't cheering in front of the person who'd be eliminated, or if he just felt bad that he'd done "badly" in the dance and was still depressed, or if it was something else altogether.
    I've been wondering about him since I heard about his fall. With all the Bret Michaels news, it may have been a tense week for him, his family and friends. I'm sure Mama Lysacek is not thrilled with two broken toes and that (minor) concussion.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I'm sure overall he's fine, but concussions can definitely leave you loopy for quite a while. (Product here of too many long 'helmet vs. no helmet' conversations on the riding forums....suffice to say I'm a "every ride, every time" girl. TBIs aren't my idea of fun.)

To be honest I was less worried watching Evan's fall (over and over and over again, thank you so much producers) about his head than his neck. It looked more like he came down on his neck and shoulders, and that kind of fall freaks me out.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    btw were those sports science people from Wayne State University in Detroit? (I think there's another Wayne State in the US.)
    It was our (Detroit's) Wayne State. http://womc.radio.com/2010/04/27/way...ith-the-stars/

vCash
    He's had a lot of years of training to keep a pretty neutral face when facing bad news.

I do think he'll come back strongly next week. If he comes back to figure skating he'll probably thank the Lord that figure skating judging is a whole lot more objective that Len & Crew. (Len & Crew remind me of the story the WSJ ran years ago about baseball in Japan -- the culture does not support someone being a lot better than someone else, so the ups really tighten down on the strike zone when the pitcher is really good. Drives a lot of the American players who come over to Japan to play pro ball absolutely nuts.)

I notice that Neicy managed to get through this entire evening without mentioning "jiggly" parts. Maybe she heard the request? She really does have a quick humor, though.

I'm hoping Macho Cinco goes home next. Notice how Cheryl Burke turned so his kiss would land on her cheek when they were announced as safe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I'm sure overall he's fine, but concussions can definitely leave you loopy for quite a while. (Product here of too many long 'helmet vs. no helmet' conversations on the riding forums....suffice to say I'm a "every ride, every time" girl. TBIs aren't my idea of fun.)

To be honest I was less worried watching Evan's fall (over and over and over again, thank you so much producers) about his head than his neck. It looked more like he came down on his neck and shoulders, and that kind of fall freaks me out.
    I managed to get a concussion while skating as a kid, and it was weeks and weeks before I really felt good again. Queasy, impossible headaches, dizzy. I don't envy Evan at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Who on here predicted Jake or Niecy? You're right....
    That would be me.

vCash
    I thought that evan was being gracious and thoughtful of how the people in the bottom two were feeling. And that he was worried about being eliminated and apologic to Anna.

Jake always had the sleaze factor going and last week's risky business dancing in underwear just squicked me out. I am glad that he is gone. But next week is going to be hard. I assume it will be Neicy and 85 in the bottom two.

vCash
    I admit, I threw Neicy 1 vote.
    Glad Jake went home.
    Vote for Evan...early and often!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    OK, I have never watched the Bachelor, don't care to - why does everone dislike Vienna so much? (apologies, don't mean to hijack the thread, just curious).
    Well, I'm sure it was really just the editing and V's a wonderful woman who saves puppies and feeds the homeless, BUT... off camera, stories came out about her past as a bride who emptied her hubby's savings account for a boob job while he was in Iraq and then dumped him, and on camera, she was a needy, whiny, daddy's girl and everyone hated her. YMMV, but I think she's well matched with Stumbles.

Back to topic: Pam's still safe.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Sparks;2745817]I admit, I threw Neicy 1 vote.
    /QUOTE]

So you're not totally eville. Thank Goodness. Next week give Niecy 2 votes please. I'd throw you an air kiss if you throw in 3 votes.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I thought that evan was being gracious and thoughtful of how the people in the bottom two were feeling. And that he was worried about being eliminated and apologic to Anna.
    This is what I thought too. It's amazing after all these years of watching Evan skate, I've now become a big fan of his because of everything about how he seems to be handling this show, and his dancing efforts. His hair also looks 1000 times better these days.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Maybe they'll ask Plushy to be on the show and everybody will learn to love him too.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I like how they had to interrupt his blathering to ask him if he had anything to say to his partner. Something tells me they wouldn't have to do that with Evan.

Now Jake is free to take his pants and go back to whatever he can think of to extend his 15 minutes of fame into 16 minutes.
    SO totally agree!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Maybe they'll ask Plushy to be on the show and everybody will learn to love him too.
    (I actually think Plushy would do pretty well. )
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Wow glad Jake went home. So next should be Ocho (sp). I want it to be a show down of Even/ and Eran/Nichole/Pam

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Yes! Plushenko would be fantastic on our US version of DWTS. I think his personality is well suited to it. Besides the fact that he should be able to pick up the dancing itself pretty quickly and be good at presentation, and his personality is appropriately quirky, his whole persona fits the glitzy, kinda cheesey, atmosphere. And I do not mean that in a bad way!

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast