Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    Enjoyed the episode.
    Caite - plz be gone, she is such a whiner. Reminds me of Flo, but not as bad.
    Fashion challenge - so funny with only one girl in left.
    As much as I enjoy this season, in any other season, I think some of these teams would not be in the final 4.
    Rooting for the Cowboys, with the other bros as ok. Other 2 teams, need to not win.
    Cowboys - they are guys that have lived 'sheltered lives' and are enjoying this experience.
    Dan &Jordan, loved the hugging during the noodle making.
    I always hate during these challenges when one is yelling.
    Just love this show, hope it continues for many years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Enjoyed the episode.
    Cowboys - they are guys that have lived 'sheltered lives' and are enjoying this experience.
    Not at all. They've traveled all over the US and Canada and to other parts the world competing in rodeo, particularly Cord as he's been on the PBR circuit for several years. Unusual lives? Yes. Sheltered? No way.

Check out this article written about them in Sports Illustrated over 13 years ago when they were teenagers. Back then they were already traveling the country and earning $100K/year riding animals that buck and can kill you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...4028/index.htm

vCash
    Is there something wrong with Jordan? Dan keeps talking about doing this as part of making his brother's dream come true. Felt kind of "Make A Wish" and I wondered what was going on. (and I may have flipped the brothers' names)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Is there something wrong with Jordan? Dan keeps talking about doing this as part of making his brother's dream come true. Felt kind of "Make A Wish" and I wondered what was going on. (and I may have flipped the brothers' names)
    Only one of the brothers was really eager to do the AR. The other one is doing it to make his brother's dream of doing the AR come true.

I'll be disappointed if anyone besides the cowboys win. They are a great team and have played so well. I really didn't want the cabs to be a deciding factor here and I'm glad they were not. It cracked me up that Brent was so sure he clearly would have won the leg if he hadn't had to deal with the wind. The cowboys had to deal with the wind, too, and they dealt with it without whining. They also were able to make noodles. But at least the models enjoyed the "Sicilian" like landscape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastClub View Post
    Not at all. They've traveled all over the US and Canada and to other parts the world competing in rodeo, particularly Cord as he's been on the PBR circuit for several years. Unusual lives? Yes. Sheltered? No way.

Check out this article written about them in Sports Illustrated over 13 years ago when they were teenagers. Back then they were already traveling the country and earning $100K/year riding animals that buck and can kill you.

GREAT article!! I can just hear their voices in my head when I'm reading the quotes. I hope they win this thing!

That said, I dislike the Duhs, but not as much as teams I've disliked in the final four in other seasons. And I think it's the taller Duhtective that irks me, too. The little one is kind of funny and seems friendly enough to the other racers.

vCash
    article written about them in Sports Illustrated over 13 years ago when they were teenagers.
    Cool, thanks! Who knew [er, besides rodeo fans] that TAR is their "return" to the public's consciousness.

One of their heroes is Ty Murray (my last favorite charming little man reality show competin' cowboy). Unlike the overmatched Ty (dancing, oy), I hope/think J&C can bring home the top prize!

Oddly, I find many similarities in Jet & Cord with tennis' Williams sisters. Like Serena and Venus, the boys are a gap of years younger than their siblings, and share a great closeness. And like the sisters, our boys were immersed into the sport, at an early age, by their father. And they're apparently as big in their sport as the sisters.

vCash

Cool - and thanks. They really seem so sheltered in so many ways with their comments, I would never have guessed. Wonder if that is part of their strategy?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    The other one is doing it to make his brother's dream of doing the AR come true.
    And he has said a few times that he really hates to travel, so at this point, he must be really, really tired of this race. Isn't he the one freaking out in the previews?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    They may travel a lot, but rodeo cowboys typically aren't paragons of urban sophistication. They'd crack up at the thought.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    And he has said a few times that he really hates to travel, so at this point, he must be really, really tired of this race. Isn't he the one freaking out in the previews?
    Yeah its Dan who is freaking out in the cab in the previews for next week's episode. I guess killer fatigue got to him, along with his dislike of travel!

Dan/Jordan are an ok team for me. Not my favorite but I don't dislike them or anything though by watching the extra clips on CBS, I am glad that the editors have left out most of their whining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Grrrrr! Phil just said "Carol and Brandy took it personal."

I may have to stop watching the show if this continues, Phil.
    Sigh, stop acting so hormonal, Prancer. Besides, didn't you give Phil your love, unconditional?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Sigh, stop acting so hormonal, Prancer.
    HORMONAL?

I'll make your hor mone, you male.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    love, unconditional?
    What is that, an index entry?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Meh. I was hoping for Phil to follow-up the prize description with "and I've got more good news -- you're one of the 3 teams who will race for the $1 milion." Knew right then that this was a NEL.
    Wow, Beefcake you are way more observant than me. I didn't even catch that!

I just realized that Cord and Jet are brothers!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post

I just realized that Cord and Jet are brothers!
    Me too!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    In defense of y'all un-observant folks ... with the exception of their pocket-sizedness, these two rodeo boys look absolutely nothin' alike. Ma, ya got some splaining to do!

Ah, the temptations of the dustbowl farmwife. So many rugged, weathered seasonal workhands ... so little time.

vCash
    I, too, had no idea they were brothers.

I'm curious how far behind the detectives really are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Wow, Beefcake you are way more observant than me. I didn't even catch that!
    I did...and also noted the time difference when the detectives arrived, though I totally expect a travel bunch to the next destination making it a moot point. Would like to be wrong though...

But I also didn't know the cowboys were brothers. Must have really been downplayed!

ETA - thinking about it, the next leg has to start in the morning right? So maybe there can't be bunching, unless it's a not too common flight.

vCash
    God, I hope there's not bunching. There wasn't a single bunching point in the 3 European legs, which was the main reason that the duhtectives won 3 in a row.. it'd be really if there's one in the next episode that allows them to catch up. (I know it's not their fault because the race course is planned out way in advance, but if it happens, that's some damn good luck that it's benefited the same team both times)

vCash
    My hope is that Caite/Brent or the Duhtectives get eliminated because it was their half-baked idea to yield Carol and Brandy. I haven't gotten over that. And, if the cowboys win, I will hold these two teams personally responsible. Not that they aren't great races, but the playing field would have been leveled if the "best" team had been eliminated.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    A little off topic but ... I wonder what they would have done if they were filming a season and everyone got stuck in Europe by the volcano. Sure they could just stop racing and wait it out, but how would they plan out all those tasks again? I'm sure that's all planned out by schedules and days and stuff. That would have been interesting to see what they woulda done.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast