Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Actually, the lower the odds, the more bettors think he's going to win
    sorry, I totally mis-typed that, as you can see from the rest of my post.

CALVIN! whee, and he gave Pletcher his first win finally
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Calvin Borel does it again!

My pick was Ice Box. I believe he came in 2nd.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Ice Box was moving out at the end.

Hey, Todd, so 25th time's the charm, huh?

I believe he gets $700,000. So glad I didn't give in to TVG's evil temptations of bet $50/get $50 as I wouldn't have got that one.

Now, Calvin, get him home with something left at Pimlico, then try not to screw up the Belmont this time, hmkay?

I'd like to see the order of finish and where the rest ended up. Poor Lookin At Lucky, he had a CRAP trip, really getting mashed into the rail there.

And can I say, I am so glad that most of the commentators have been avoiding saying "The Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands" every time they mention it? I wonder if Yum has figured out that people REALLY HATE THAT.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    wow, I didn't realize that Glen Fullerton won a contest to wage someone else's money - I thought he was just some rich dude. WOW.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    $900,000 ..... can I have that in ten's and twenty's please.

dayum!!

vCash
    Congrats to SS and the connections especially Calvin. Outstanding ride by CB keeping SS out of trouble and splitting Noble's Promise and I think Sidney's Candy as they turned for home.

Super Saver 2010 KY Derby Champion

Video of the Race on Equibase

Full Chart Results
    Last edited by skipaway; 05-02-2010 at 02:38 AM.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Congrats to SS and the connections especially Calvin. Outstanding ride by CB keeping SS out of trouble and splitting Noble's Promise and I think Sidney's Candy as they turned for home.

Super Saver 2010 KY Derby Champion
    Wow! Look at that photo! Its like he's flying!!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    You'd think the other jocks would know by now, you don't leave the rail open at Churchill if you want to beat Calvin Bo-RAIL when he's got any kind of horse under him!

I would love to know if Talamo (on Sidney's Candy) and whoever was riding Conveyance WANTED them to set suicidal fractions on a track like wet cement or if the horses just wanted to to go to the front and they would have wasted just as much energy trying to rate.

Lookin at Lucky apparently got pinched twice. Poor guy. But then it's crowded with a twenty-horse field!

vCash
    I wish I had bet this one. When I woke up this morning and saw slop I knew he would win. So far I am 4-4 on sloppy tracks.

vCash
    I, too, would have liked to have seen some fluff pieces on the horses! Still, it was an enjoyable broadcast on my DVR so I could ff through stuff.

Felt bad for Looking at Lucky. I saw him check and saw his head go up and thought, oh, that's it for him, poor boy. I got very excited when Noble's Promise went to the front --what a great story that would have been! And he finished 5th, not too bad.

Happy for Calvin but I thought he was beating the heck out of Super Saver when he was already in control, and I didn't like that much. Save some for the Preakness, Calvin.

Also, how about General Quarters yesterday in that turf race? What a heart he has!

vCash
    Some quotes from the principals:

"'Lucky,' I quit watching him after the first bump. He was done. I wish (Garrett Gomez) would have pulled him up. That's horse racing. You have good luck and bad luck and I've been lucky to win this race and other guys have had bad luck."

—Baffert couldn't bring himself to watch after 'Lucky was slammed
    I'm very surprised at this comment from Bob Baffert. You just don't "pull up" a horse b/c you got bumped. If LAL was injured, absolutely pull him up, but just b/c you feel you lost all chances of winning...that's not a reason. There are patrons who placed wagers on your horse and you'd certainly cheat them. Kent Desormeaux pulled up Big Brown when he wasn't injured in the Belmont...same thing.

"I got stopped cold at the quarter-pole. If I got through, I would have won. He stumbled real bad here at the sixteenth-pole. He must have stepped in a hole. My horse, he ran his heart out. He just didn't have the luck."

—jockey Kent Desormeaux his ride aboard Derby third-placer PADDY O'PRADO (El Prado [Ire])
    I think KD didn't see Ice Box coming...and SS was quite a few lengths ahead of him at the end.

"I have never ridden a good horse like him. He's so fast. I just let him do whatever he wanted to. He took the lead easily but I don't know what happened. He ran a good race but he was facing the best horses in the country."

—jockey Martin Garcia, who was aboard early Derby pacesetter and 15th-place finisher CONVEYANCE (Indian Charlie)
    I know what happened, Willie. Suicide fractions for the first 1/2 mile.

More Derby Quotes at:

Derby Coverage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12