Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    In the 80's? Really? You must have some great stories! I would love to have been you!
    I would hardly go that far, babe.

It was back in 1988 - Bret and the rest of Poison were actually on tour a good bit of that time, and Susie had recently filmed the video for "Fallen Angel." She, myself, and two other girls hit the scene on Sunset pretty hard that summer - lots of appearances at Rainbow, Gazzari's, and the Whisky by random glam/metal rockers at night (my favorite story was my run-in with Sebastian Bach, who puked on my feet in the middle of a bar one night and was a total, arrogant prick about it ).

As for Bret, I can say ( ) that I've been in his apartment (sadly though, when he wasn't in it). The main things I remember about it was that it was on the top floor with vaulted ceilings, VERY modern and contemporary, and all of the furniture was black, grey, and white, with framed gold records on the walls .

Decent guys, though, if you can get past the groupie-worship and their enormous egos (and the alcool and drugs - good god, the alcool and drugs). At one point they were trying to hook me up with Bobby Dahl, and I wasn't having any of it as I was convinced I would catch some disease .

Good times back then, though. Lots of interesting memories.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I remember reading "I'm With The Band" and wanting to be Pamela Des Barres. I thought it was so unfair that I was born in northern Canada when it was my destiny to be a groupie.

Now that I'm (much) older... and
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Just keeping him, his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery!
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    What's taking so long to find the source of the bleed? The longer it takes, the worse the prognosis? It just seems that they should have located it by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I would hardly go that far, babe.

It was back in 1988 - Bret and the rest of Poison were actually on tour a good bit of that time, and Susie had recently filmed the video for "Fallen Angel." She, myself, and two other girls hit the scene on Sunset pretty hard that summer - lots of appearances at Rainbow, Gazzari's, and the Whisky by random glam/metal rockers at night (my favorite story was my run-in with Sebastian Bach, who puked on my feet in the middle of a bar one night and was a total, arrogant prick about it ).

As for Bret, I can say ( ) that I've been in his apartment (sadly though, when he wasn't in it). The main things I remember about it was that it was on the top floor with vaulted ceilings, VERY modern and contemporary, and all of the furniture was black, grey, and white, with framed gold records on the walls .

Decent guys, though, if you can get past the groupie-worship and their enormous egos (and the alcool and drugs - good god, the alcool and drugs). At one point they were trying to hook me up with Bobby Dahl, and I wasn't having any of it as I was convinced I would catch some disease .

Good times back then, though. Lots of interesting memories.
    Been to the Rainbow in the 80's. The hair, the clothes, the memories!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    What's taking so long to find the source of the bleed? The longer it takes, the worse the prognosis? It just seems that they should have located it by now.
    I know very little but I would think that if an area of his brain is covered in blood then it would be very hard to see where the bleeding is coming from. The only way would be to go in and clear the area of blood and see where new blood is coming from. This may not be possible where the hemorrhage is located.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Dr. Sanjay Gupta, (neurosurgeon) said on CNN last night; that because of the probable location, they wait to see how much healing/improvement occurs naturally, before intervening. Surgery may still be an option. He said that it was a hopeful sign that Bret had regained so much function; but, that the next month would be crucial in determining his recovery/prognosis.

vCash
    Ah, poor The Donald. He seemed to be posturing to take this story to the top of the ratings. Of course Trump didn't want the worst for Bret, but the businessman in him was ready to make some hay. The longer Bret's prognosis was dim, the better the prognosis for The Donald's show.

But, seriously, whew. VERY glad to hear that things are cautiously optimistic for Bret.

vCash
    Condition "Deteriorating;" Michaels to undergo surgery

Bret Michaels' family gave a disturbing update on the rocker's condition to ETOnline Tuesday morning stating that the 'Poison' frontman's condition is "deteriorating" and that he's scheduled to undergo surgery to attempt to reduce the swelling around his brain.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I wish him the best of luck and hope he is able to pull through this.

I watched a few live Poison videos online last night and I've gotta say, he really is a great showman.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    for all concerned.
    He'll be in my thoughts.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I keep checking for updates on all of the entertainment sites...but I'm afraid of what I'll see.

I've been humming "Something To Believe In" all day. With a little bit of "Unskinny Bop" and "Talk Dirty To Me" thrown in to make me feel better.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    From ABC News online:

Bret Michaels Suffers From Another Malady

An already ailing Bret Michaels has been diagnosed with another medical malady. After suffering a brain hemorrhage last week, the audacious 47-year-old glam-rock reality TV star has developed a side effect that causes seizures, according to a statement posted Tuesday on the former Poison frontman's website.

The condition, called hyponatremia, stems from a lack of sodium. The statement did not indicate if Michaels had actually suffered any seizures.
    From Wikipedia:

Hyponatremia

vCash
    Damn it Bret, I want you to live. I've tweeted and Facebooked everyone for prayer requests. Can we blast out those of us on FB and TW? Please.....
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    I'm hoping for the best, but, fearing the worst.

vCash
    Wow, just wow.

vCash
    OMG. It just goes from bad to worse. I am praying for his family and him. He's such a genuinely nice guy. But, he's been through so much. I just hope his body can hold up.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    After seeing how he has given his all on so many tasks on the Celebrity Apprentice, I have been very impressed with what a creative, caring, congenial person Bret Michaels is. I am deeply saddened by his succession of recent severe health problems and hope for a miracle that helps him reach a full recovery.

Maggie

vCash
    For those interested in keeping up with news about Bret Michaels' condition, his facebook wall is being updated daily by "his" people - in part to keep his fans (and others) informed, but also to debunk a lot of the speculation and rumors printed by the media.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast