Thread: "Oceans" movie?

Loving on babies!
    vCash

"Oceans" movie?

I guess there are two underwater/ocean movies that came out today for Earth day. A friend and I were going to go to one of them tomorrow for my early birthday, but she has issues with nature taking it's course and critters dying.

Just wondering if anyone had seen either of these movies yet, if there is one that is "gentler" than the other? Otherwise I'll just have to tell her, yep, they're just sleeping again!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Sleeping inside that shark or killer whale's belly?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    We went and saw the "Earth" movie when it came out on earth day I guess 2 years ago....and I had to tell her, yes, that polar bear is just sleeping. She's a fellow nurse, so knows all about nature and all, she's just a wussy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I guess there are two underwater/ocean movies that came out today for Earth day. A friend and I were going to go to one of them tomorrow for my early birthday, but she has issues with nature taking it's course and critters dying.

Just wondering if anyone had seen either of these movies yet, if there is one that is "gentler" than the other? Otherwise I'll just have to tell her, yep, they're just sleeping again!
    Can't say what the other looks like but Oceans is very nice. That's a Jacques Perrin movie. If you've seen the Winged Migration, that's the same style, very visual and without much narration. That's a movie rather than a documentary. And well, critters do die. But that's not presented in a dramatic way, rather as something natural (but given the fate the soundtrack of The March of the Penguin got when it crossed the Atlantic, I wouldn't swear Oceans in english will sound anything like the french version ).

Anyway, no wildlife movie can hold the candle to Microcosmos that Perrin produced 15 years ago.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Avatar released yesterday on DVD and I have been wondering what the cobalt blue paint and color used to create the "blue people" has done to the environment?
    Without fear you cannot find courage

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Went and saw it today with my sister. Really beautiful cinematography, amazing footage, minimal narration (Pierce Brosnan), and only a bit on the cautionary tale/going green side. Some serious kickass crab vs. shrimp warfare under the sea! Nice soundtrack as well...well worth the price to go in. (Plus, the preview for next year's Earth day movie is about African cats....can tell what my next birthday is going to include again!)

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Went and saw it today with my sister. Really beautiful cinematography, amazing footage, minimal narration (Pierce Brosnan), and only a bit on the cautionary tale/going green side. Some serious kickass crab vs. shrimp warfare under the sea! Nice soundtrack as well...well worth the price to go in. (Plus, the preview for next year's Earth day movie is about African cats....can tell what my next birthday is going to include again!)
    My mom and I saw it yesterday, and loved it! It occurred to me after that we know the names of almost every bug, tree, flower and animal, but so little about what lives in the ocean. There are some pretty freaky creatures down there!

I love the part near the beginning where the dolphins were swarming and eating the fish, and the birds joined the feast, dive bombing by the hundreds....very cool!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    For those who are familiar with BBC's Planet Earth series (if you don't own it on DVD you should -- as Oprah says -- explain to your kids why you don't), the companion title is coming out June 1. LIFE, as seen on Discovery, has versions with both Oprah commentating and David Attenborough commentating. Both are available on standard and Blu-ray. Think of Planet Earth as the 'stage' and Life as the 'actors'. Years and millions of dollars in the making...it's a must-own.

vCash
    Saw "Oceans" today and enjoyed it. Amazing camera work. Poor baby sea turtles....but that's nature. We stayed through the ending credits - the number of places they did filming was impressive - just about every part of the world that borders an ocean.