View Poll Results: I Can Only Imagine...Who Will Be More Than Mediocre (Vote For Everybody You Liked)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Kelly

4 7.41%
  • Casey James

10 18.52%
  • Crystal Bowersox

43 79.63%
  • Lee DeWyze

28 51.85%
  • Michael Lynche

9 16.67%
  • Siobhan Magnus

10 18.52%
  • Tim Urban

3 5.56%
  • Butterfly Kisses For All (I Liked All Seven Performances)

0 0%
  • BLASHPEMY! (All Were Horrid)

0 0%
  • I Cancelled My Subscription to FOX

1 1.85%
  • Cancel AI NOW!!!

5 9.26%
  • When Does The X-Factor Start???

5 9.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    OMG Tim doesn't even get to sing again! WOW

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    So who will sing I feel like a woman?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Siobhan. It is not the right song for Crystal. Except everyone has been wanting her to step outside her comfort zone

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    So who will sing I feel like a woman?
    I kind of fear for Crystal. I don't know which song she could do and her fans probably are the most likely to slack off thinking she is safe. I only know the popular Shania songs from the album that was so huge, ok ok, I know the whole album, but I don't know ANY songs from any other albums. I hope there is more of a selection than I think...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Idol really gave back by not making us listen to Tim one more time. Thank you, AI!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    I know Tim isn't popular here, but I really prefer him to Aaron.
    I agree. I'm glad Tim's gone, but Aaron's even worse, just incredibly boring.

vCash
    I feel wuzrobbed of the stage sliding from Tim. I was hoping for a big F-U to the judges with CLTCL as his "swan song". Alas I don't get to see it. :

vCash
    So, we have had:

Top 12: The Rolling Stones
    Top 11: Billboard Number Ones
    Top 10: R&B
    Top 9: Lennon/McCartney
    Top 8: Elvis Presley
    Top 7: Inspirational Music
    Top 6: Shania Twain

This season sucks ass. Let them sing what they want.

vCash
    Shania Fecking Twain? Are they kidding?

vCash
    I'm not familiar with her music. Does she have enough songs to go around?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    I'm not familiar with her music. Does she have enough songs to go around?
    Well, seeing that there's only 6 contestants remaining, yes. But a majority of the audience is probably going to be hearing a few songs for the first time on Tuesday. That is unless you're a hard-core country/Shania fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Shania Fecking Twain? Are they kidding?
    So, it's officially Shania week, not "country week" with Shania as mentor? That's absurd.

ETA: Not that I have anything against Shania. That's just quite a small body of work to choose from, even for only 6 singers. I thought they were pushing that envelope with Elvis week. I predict the judges will spend the whole night berating every contestant for their song choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    AWESOME - there is a reason i have had this signature for the last week!!!
    I dare you to listen to this version.

A few years ago, I included that on a mix tape from hell that I created as part of a bet. Scarily, it was probably the best song on the tape. Some of the others were songs from Veggie Tales ("Proud Mary" from Bob & Larry Sing the 70s), Toby Keith ("Courtesy of the Red White & Blue"), Tom Jones ("Lady Madonna"), Pat Boone (a cover of "We Are Family"), Zamphir (a panpipe version of "Can't Fight the Moonlight"), and a god-awful techno version of "Against All Odds" by someone named Kira (the description alone sounds horrible, but it is even worse than you can possibly imagine).

vCash
    Got home really late last night, and of course I hadn't adjusted my DVR. So this bloated pile of crap ran over by 22 minutes?!? Sounds like I didn't miss much anyway.

Tim gone. Well, that seems fair (although no sing-out was not so fair). Hopefully the Poor Man's Archuleta follows suit next week!!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    One more observation:

Ryan pronounces Crystal safe and Casey in the B3. Crystal hugs Casey and heads back to the couches.

Ryan pronounces Lee safe and Aaron in the B3. Lee beelines for the couches with nary a glance at Aaron. What gives, Lee? Are you that clueless or just a douche?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Shania has sold over 100 million albums and has released over 100 songs...

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/music/so...ania-twain.htm

That doesn't include her early works that has been released in about 10 different CD versions. Considering most of the songs from her albums were released as singles, there is PLENTY to choose from. Anybody who can't find one song that showcases them well has no right to be in the Top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    So, we have had:

Top 12: The Rolling Stones
    Top 11: Billboard Number Ones
    Top 10: R&B
    Top 9: Lennon/McCartney
    Top 8: Elvis Presley
    Top 7: Inspirational Music
    Top 6: Shania Twain

This season sucks ass. Let them sing what they want.

Are you SERIOUS? What, do you want them to cover only songs which were written and/or recorded by GOD???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Are you SERIOUS? What, do you want them to cover only songs which were written and/or recorded by GOD???

4 of the 7 themes are really dated. No matter how much you like Shania, she is NOT current and hasn't been for quite some time. Elvis, Rolling Stones and Lennon/McCartney are as dated as it gets. This just sticks out like a sore thumb when the judges constantly tell contestants to be more current and to sing something their age. It makes me want to

As for Shania releasing all those songs on all those CD's. Ok, but how many people, other than you , know that? I can only name her huge hits and I would guess that is true for the majority of people. She may have enough songs for everyone to find something but unless they have the time to sit down and listen to them all, I doubt it matters...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I could see Crystal doing Coat of Many Colors, technically a Dolly song but since Shania covered it, it should be fair game.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    4 of the 7 themes are really dated. No matter how much you like Shania, she is NOT current and hasn't been for quite some time.
    You want current themes for American Idol? Welcome to Planet Earth! Or do you mean we should go back to the themes they covered in season one?

From wikipedia:

3.1 Top 10 (Motown)
    3.2 Top 8 (1960s)
    3.3 Top 7 (1970s)
    3.4 Top 6 (Big Band)
    3.5 Top 5 (Burt Bacharach Love Songs)
    3.6 Top 4 (1980s/1990s)
    3.7 Top 3 (Idol's Choice, Judges' Choice)
    3.8 Top 2 (Finale)

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    As for Shania releasing all those songs on all those CD's. Ok, but how many people, other than you , know that? I can only name her huge hits and I would guess that is true for the majority of people. She may have enough songs for everyone to find something but unless they have the time to sit down and listen to them all, I doubt it matters...
    Anybody on the same side of puberty as me knows Shania Twain well. Unless they only listen to indie music and therefore should not be allowed near anything like American Idol! And any worth-while artist can make anything sound good and/or current (Goddess bless you, Adam Lambert). Anybody who is given over 100 songs to choose from and then whines about a lack of choice should never have auditioned in the first place. My humble opinion, of course...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You want current themes for American Idol? Welcome to Planet Earth! Or do you mean we should go back to the themes they covered in season one?

From wikipedia:

3.1 Top 10 (Motown)
    3.2 Top 8 (1960s)
    3.3 Top 7 (1970s)
    3.4 Top 6 (Big Band)
    3.5 Top 5 (Burt Bacharach Love Songs)
    3.6 Top 4 (1980s/1990s)
    3.7 Top 3 (Idol's Choice, Judges' Choice)
    3.8 Top 2 (Finale)
    Just because they have never done more current stuff means I cant wish they would do more current themes? I have been betching and moaning about it forever and it wouldn't be such a problem if the judges didn't constantly complain about how old so and so is making themselves sound.

The first season had dated themes but at least they were WIDE OPEN (minus the Bacharach week)! Now we get artist specific weeks that are not only confined to a specific time period but that one singer/songwriter.

I still say that a big majority of people can only name 4-5 Shania songs, those that were her huge hits on radio in the 90's.
    -Brian

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast