vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    It's always great to read your perspective of the cities you visited
    It's vaporetto btw
    Oops! Thank you. I'm going to change it right now

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    A new blog post is up.

This one is some writing from Mr alilou about what prompted us to begin this long journey. And some photographs from me - beautiful Italian pottery, Venetian Carnivale masks, and my strange fascination with laundry.

http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com/view/sidebar

or for IE users http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com

We met pingu in Milan

So much fun. Thank you for showing us around! Picture coming soon of me and pingu at the top of the duomo in Milan.

And I am so happy - we will be in a hotel that has Eurosport on TV for both TEB and COR I will be able to watch it all

vCash
    I've said this before: You have a real gift for bringing your "adventures" to life.

Have you thought about submitting any of your posts/articles and photos to travel magazines?
    I'll bet that you could cover at least part of your expenses - and travel more.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Thanks skatesindreams. Yes we have thought of that, and also of writing a book about our adventures. I imagine both will come, but it's early days yet. We'll just let it evolve with time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    A new blog post is up.

This one is some writing from Mr alilou about what prompted us to begin this long journey. And some photographs from me - beautiful Italian pottery, Venetian Carnivale masks, and my strange fascination with laundry.

or for IE users http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com

We met pingu in Milan

So much fun. Thank you for showing us around! Picture coming soon of me and pingu at the top of the duomo in Milan.

And I am so happy - we will be in a hotel that has Eurosport on TV for both TEB and COR I will be able to watch it all
    I had a lot of fun with you, and it really has been the last day of indian summer! It has been cold and foggy since you left...can you please come back?

vCash
    Thanks again for sharing your journey with Alilou.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    I had a lot of fun with you, and it really has been the last day of indian summer! It has been cold and foggy since you left...can you please come back?
    So glad we got a lovely sunny day in Milan. Can't come back - gone to sunny south of Spain

Hey thanks Buzz, you're welcome.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    I'm enjoying your posts... at least when I find time to catch up on them.

Have you ever read "Tales of a Female Nomad" by Rita Golden Gelman? Mr alilou's post kinda reminded me of that book. If you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it. (that applies to anyone reading this thread, actually)

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    I'm enjoying your posts... at least when I find time to catch up on them.

Have you ever read "Tales of a Female Nomad" by Rita Golden Gelman? Mr alilou's post kinda reminded me of that book. If you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it. (that applies to anyone reading this thread, actually)
    Thanks Belle. No I haven't read Tales of a Female Nomad but it sure sounds intriguing. Better buy it when I get back to Canada in Dec. It sounds like "required reading"

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    A new blog post is up - this one about Positano and the Amalfi Coast - another one of Italy's most beautiful places

or http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com for IE users

Belle I had a quick look at Rita Gelman's website - what an amazing woman. Will def read her book - I bet we get inspired all over again.

vCash
    Loved the latest installment, as always!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Belle I had a quick look at Rita Gelman's website - what an amazing woman. Will def read her book - I bet we get inspired all over again.
    I am sure you'll love her book.

BTW your blog from Australia last year definitely gave me some ideas for my upcoming trip.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I am sure you'll love her book.

BTW your blog from Australia last year definitely gave me some ideas for my upcoming trip.
    You're going to OZ?! When? You must go to the Barrier Reef and Uluru if you haven't already been there. Both are astonishing.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    You're going to OZ?! When? You must go to the Barrier Reef and Uluru if you haven't already been there. Both are astonishing.
    I leave... in just a few days. And yes, I am going to both places. Even though it will be hot hot hot in Uluru (and probably Cairns as well... but Cairns is not a desert), I did not want to miss the chance to visit there.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I leave... in just a few days. And yes, I am going to both places. Even though it will be hot hot hot in Uluru (and probably Cairns as well... but Cairns is not a desert), I did not want to miss the chance to visit there.
    Have a wonderful fabulous trip

And give my love to Australia. I've lived in Canada 27 yrs and at times feel quite Canadian (esp when it comes to FS ) but I'll never stop being an Aussie.

I hope you're blogging about your trip. Will you post in SS? I'll look out for it. I'd put this in SS but I know there are FSUers who read it but don't have SS access.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Loved the latest installment, as always!
    Thanks, as always!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Have a wonderful fabulous trip

And give my love to Australia. I've lived in Canada 27 yrs and at times feel quite Canadian (esp when it comes to FS ) but I'll never stop being an Aussie.

I hope you're blogging about your trip. Will you post in SS? I'll look out for it. I'd put this in SS but I know there are FSUers who read it but don't have SS access.
    I didn't know you were Australian. Yes, I'm planning to blog. Am not looking forward to the plane ride... (my nieces think 2 hr plane rides are long- HA!) although if the planes had wifi, I could have watched the Cup of Russia from the plane- how cool would that have been?!? *sigh*

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I didn't know you were Australian. Yes, I'm planning to blog. Am not looking forward to the plane ride... (my nieces think 2 hr plane rides are long- HA!) although if the planes had wifi, I could have watched the Cup of Russia from the plane- how cool would that have been?!? *sigh*
    You'll be surprised how quickly the flight will go - just watch a lot of movies. Admittedly the last couple of hours are hard, but up til then it's all movies, eating, and hopefully sleeping a little, and more movies. Have fun!

Apart from GBR and Uluru where are you going?

ETA In Ayers Rock the flies really are as bad as anything you've read. Don't let them sell you any special creams etc to keep the flies away. They don't work. Just fork over the money for a netting for your hat. You'll need a hat but I imagine you know that. The netting will help you stay sane (no matter how hot it feels) esp if you plan to do any hiking around Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Without the netting (or endless applications of insect repellent) you will literally have flies on you all the time

ETA : from Mr alilou - re flies - and up your nose. And in your eyes.
    Last edited by alilou; 11-23-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    And the latest post has been added to the blog.

This time it's about Rome, and pingu's city, Milan

or http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com

We are currently in the south of Spain - I've been watching COR on TV in my hotel room even though it's sunny outside Some things are just more important.

vCash
    Your pics of Milan are great! I don't think I've ever took photos of the city (just a few maybe), but it's nice to see it from an external [maybe outside is more correct?] point of view.
    O course the best moment of the day for me was the hanging panties!
    And the ice cream Since you left it has been quite cold so that has probably been my last 2011 ice cream!!

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast