Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thanks for sharing Alilou and please be very careful!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I'll look forward to reading your about your ongoing journey(s).
    You write so well.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Thanks for sharing and please be adventurous.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Thanks for the feedback. It's always nice to know someone's reading

Next to come is Cinque Terre, then Tuscany.

Italy has been on the "bucket list" for a long time and does not disappoint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. It's always nice to know someone's reading

Next to come is Cinque Terre, then Tuscany.

Italy has been on the "bucket list" for a long time and does not disappoint.
    Welcome to Italy!!! I hope you're enjoying your trip. Tuscany is my favourite place on earth, and I hope you'll be able to visit Siena, it's beautiful. If you need any help/question please pm me

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Welcome to Italy!!! I hope you're enjoying your trip. Tuscany is my favourite place on earth, and I hope you'll be able to visit Siena, it's beautiful. If you need any help/question please pm me
    Grazie mille pingu! We are actually in Tuscany right now, I'm just a bit behind on the blog. The next blog entry will be about our 6 days in Cinque Terre and the gorgeous Italian Riveria. And now we're staying on a farm just outside of Poggibonsi and spent the day today in San Gimignano

Tomorrow we're going to Siena! And the next day Orvieto, and after that we haven't decided yet. We have at least 2 weeks here in Tuscany and then maybe we'll go to Venice.

Where are you?

ETA: Oh I just read your location Milan

vCash
    Enjoy Siena tomorrow!!! It's such a beautiful city, if you go there by car you can park it in one of the big parkings and the entrances of the city. You can't go by car within the walls, but this means that the whole old part of the city looks like one of the medieval age
    You'll see flags hanging from the buildings, they're the flags of the contrada (uhm, it's like a part of the city) that won the last Palio (August 16th). You can climb up to the tower that is in the main square, and from there you can see the whole city and the hills around
    Well if you're stayig two weeks in Tuscany you could visit the region, there's Pisa, Florence, and if you go on the coast there are a lot of blue flag beaches There's Orbetello in the south, it's an island linked to the coast by two streets, and if you go there by car is beautiful, there's just the street and then you see the island in front of you and the sea at the sides Elba is the biggest island of Tuscany, unfortunately I haven't been there but it's really beautiful.
    Or you can go to Volterra, a city in the middle of the hills, the street that goes there is gorgeus, it looks like being in a movie
    I'm sorry if I wrote something you already knew and wrote in your blog, I haven't had time to read it so far but I will for sure!

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    We were briefly in Pisa to pick up our rental car and raced from the stazione to see the tower before we had to drive to Poggibonsi to get there before dark. But we will go back and explore the city more. And of course we will go to Florence. And we'd also heard about Volterra and it's quite close to where we are. We also want to the amazing natural hot springs in the south of Tuscany. So much to see and do here. And it's so beautiful. Thanks for the tip about parking in Siena.

I haven't written anything about Tuscany on the blog yet.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    A new blog post is finally ready!

http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com/

This one is about Cinque Terre, one of the most beautiful places on earth, and some other places on the Italian Riviera which are also pretty stunning.

We love Italy

Next I'll write about our time in Tuscany which is also fabulous. Did I say we love Italy?

vCash
    I'm happy you liked the Cinque Terre! I've never been there (I know, shame on me...) but I definitely want to go before this year is over.
    I knew you would have loved the food I think that's an important part of a country's culture, and it's nice to taste the typical products/dishes of a city or region. The cool thing of Italy is that you have thousands of different recipes for every region, so you can eat a lot

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I try very hard not to eat a lot. So my clothes will still fit me
    Gelato wins every time though

vCash
    Gelato wins every time though
    That's normal I'm happy that the weather has been great so far, it's the perfect time of the year to visit Italy because it's not freaking hot but it's still warm...and thus you're able to eat gelato every day
    Are you back in Tuscany now?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    We've been in Tuscany for about 10 days. I'll write all about it in my next blog post. The blog posts are always about a week or so behind cause I'm too busy doing/seeing stuff to have time to write. I'm going to try to get the Tuscany blog written in the next few days because on the 17th we go to Venice

Also the dates on the blog posts are wrong. The blog records the date I begin the draft, not the date I actually post it which is a bit confusing.

Anyway loved/loving Tuscany - went to Volterra, Siena, Firenze, San Gimignano, Cecina (we wanted to go to the sea), and Orvieto in Umbria. Yesterday and today have been housekeeping days - doing laundry, tidying up etc. Tomorrow maybe we will head over to the Chianti region.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    A new blog post. This one is all (and only) photographs of people.

http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com/view/sidebar

(Is my location out of date? Did Vanessa find a partner yet?)

Also I've changed the format of the blog (which I like much better), but I've had one email from a friend saying it won't open for her now. Anyone else having trouble opening it?

vCash
    Also I've changed the format of the blog (which I like much better), but I've had one email from a friend saying it won't open for her now. Anyone else having trouble opening it?
    No problems at all. Love the pictures.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Good to know. And thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Ditto for me!
    Thanks, as always, for sharing.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    alilou, your blog is wonderful! I've just spent an hour or more scrolling through pictures. Thank you so much for sharing -- and writing about your wonderful trip!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Thank you so much. I just love doing it, so it's always nice to get feedback that people are enjoying it
    Last edited by alilou; 10-16-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    It will not open for me in IE9 but it opens just fine in Firefox. Enjoying your travels
    Can't skate but love to watch

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast