Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Ali, sensational photos of the vast, strange and wonderful place that is Bolivia. I especially love the lake with a reflection of the mountain beyond, and the rock formation that looks like a huge, weird mushroom that's suddenly sprouted out of the sand. Great interview too; you describe so well the both the enormous appeal and the many difficulties of living the life you've chosen. Don seems to have captured, or perhaps allowed is a better word, the way into mindfulness that I have never been able to achieve. I shall never think about South America in the same way again. Having never been anywhere close, I'd rather filed away in my head at least the southern half as endless prairies covered in pampas grass. Your words and pictures have opened my eyes and my mind. Thank you so much for sharing it all with us.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Ali,
    I can't believe how beautiful those pictures are of the desert in Bolivia! I had to pause a look a long time at many of them . The one below your paragraph about the music is surreal! And I love the one of the 3 kids posing. You are amazing and I love seeing the world through your eyes on your travels. I think you could publish a wonderful book! Thank you for sharing all of this with us.

Rosie's comments are so true as well.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Ali, sensational photos of the vast, strange and wonderful place that is Bolivia. I especially love the lake with a reflection of the mountain beyond, and the rock formation that looks like a huge, weird mushroom that's suddenly sprouted out of the sand. Great interview too; you describe so well the both the enormous appeal and the many difficulties of living the life you've chosen. Don seems to have captured, or perhaps allowed is a better word, the way into mindfulness that I have never been able to achieve. I shall never think about South America in the same way again. Having never been anywhere close, I'd rather filed away in my head at least the southern half as endless prairies covered in pampas grass. Your words and pictures have opened my eyes and my mind. Thank you so much for sharing it all with us.
    Thanks so much OP. It was such an incredibly beautiful and extraordinary landscape. So glad to be able to share it. The whole journey through South America has been (and continues to be) really special, but those three days travelling through the Bolivian High Desert and salt flats (salt flats come in the next post) were definitely a highlight
    Glad you enjoyed the interview - we always love doing them because it makes us really think about how the journey has changed us, and it certainly has changed us, a lot. Don's a wise old soul

Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Ali,
    I can't believe how beautiful those pictures are of the desert in Bolivia! I had to pause a look a long time at many of them . The one below your paragraph about the music is surreal! And I love the one of the 3 kids posing. You are amazing and I love seeing the world through your eyes on your travels. I think you could publish a wonderful book! Thank you for sharing all of this with us.

Rosie's comments are so true as well.
    Thanks sk8pics, I must admit I can't stop looking at them myself - such beauty we travelled through. I also love that same photo below the paragraph about the music, and another favourite of mine is the one of the vicuñas. It is a great pleasure to share it - there is so much beauty in the world, especially including those joyous children who were having so much fun playing on the old trains. And the music! That was such a joy for me - all that music from my youth that I hadn't heard for years. I can't remember when I've sung so much! Except to Whitney Houston - trying to sing along with I will always love you? Waaaaaaay beyond my abilities, but I can pitch match great to Simon and Garfunkel

I believe there will be books coming. I feel as if we have enough material for several books.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    I believe there will be books coming. I feel as if we have enough material for several books.
    And I know just who to give a copy to!

vCash
    Echoing all the thoughts shared about your Bolivian idyll.
    It is surely a place I'd never experience without your generosity.

Amazing and unexpected, what else need be said?

The photos are magnificent --- oh, the flamingos!.

I'm so glad the books are "percolating".
    Your audience awaits!

The interview was great, also.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 01-22-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    And I know just who to give a copy to!
    I do hope he enjoys it but first we gotta produce it

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Echoing all the thoughts shared about your Bolivian idyll.
    It is surely a place I'd never experience without your generosity.

Amazing and unexpected, what else need be said?

The photos are magnificent --- oh, the flamingos!.

I'm so glad the books are "percolating".
    Your audience awaits!

The interview was great, also.
    Percolating is a very good word for the books - like for a year or two I just know one day we'll say okay now it's time to do that.

Bolivia was truly incredible - what a journey that was. Exactly as you said - amazing and unexpected. So very glad we decided to do it and not let fear stop us.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    So envious of you as I try to piece together my travel budget and time planning... Always love seeing your posts and gorgeous photography.

vCash
    I do hope he enjoys it but first we gotta produce it
    I'm sure he will, once it exists! I'm going to help him with some web stuff/blogging today.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    So envious of you as I try to piece together my travel budget and time planning... Always love seeing your posts and gorgeous photography.
    Thanks so much Belle. I think I'd be envious of me too lol - somehow we got lucky. It does feel sometimes as if we won the lottery.
    Where are you off to next? Wherever, I bet it will be fabulous - still remember reading about your Africa stories. And the monkey!

I'm sure he will, once it exists! I'm going to help him with some web stuff/blogging today.
    Say hi for me - a bit belated. I've been a bit slack keeping up with this thread

Anyway - there are two new posts ready

A new one about the inner journey - don't believe everything the mind tells you!
    http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/20...-mind-stories/

And another post about unbelievable Bolivia
    http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/20...abana-bolivia/

vCash
    Amazing again! Glad you are doing better. And again, I can't thank you enough for sharing your adventure with us!

vCash
    Thanks for sharing more about "otherworldly" Bolivia.
    We in North America have heard very little about the area; and the wonders found there.

What an "introduction" you have provided!

vCash
    Say hi for me - a bit belated. I've been a bit slack keeping up with this thread
    I will! No worries. And thanks for the great card of Bolivia from Peru!

vCash
    Loved the pictures from Bolivia - they are simply stunning! Thanks for the adorable Vicuna card too

Friends are mine from Pennsylvania are traveling in Peru right now - perhaps you will cross paths ?

Looking forward to your next installment.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Amazing again! Glad you are doing better. And again, I can't thank you enough for sharing your adventure with us!
    Thank you Yes, I am doing better though I think maybe I should buy shares in whoever makes ibuprofen. It's called better living through chemistry and it will get me back to Van in March when I'll get some treatments.

Thanks for sharing more about "otherworldly" Bolivia.
    We in North America have heard very little about the area; and the wonders found there.

What an "introduction" you have provided!
    Isn't it amazing! We were just floored - such a beautiful and amazing place. We may never get to Tibet or Nepal but in a way Bolivia makes up for that.

I will! No worries. And thanks for the great card of Bolivia from Peru!
    Oh good, you got the card. Peru cards coming from Peru soon. It's nice to hear they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by harekrishna43 View Post
    Loved the pictures from Bolivia - they are simply stunning! Thanks for the adorable Vicuna card too

Friends are mine from Pennsylvania are traveling in Peru right now - perhaps you will cross paths ?

Looking forward to your next installment.
    Thanks harekrishna, and glad to hear you got the card.
    Where are your friends? We are in Puno until the 11th, then Lima for two days then 13-21 in the Amazon.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    We're back from the Amazon jungle. Eventually I will post about that adventure but first this:

This Nomadic Life - Things we've learned
    http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/20...-weve-learned/

This Nomadic Life - Thank you blogosphere, and our first guest post
    http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/20...st-guest-post/

And a new travel post - Reeds Rocks Pumas and Gods - Lake Titicaca, Bolivia and Peru
    http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/20...ivia-and-peru/

I actually saw some of the Oly team event on TV in Lima before we went into the jungle, after that it was just PBP (thank you FSU!) so now going to see if there are any vids available tho not hopeful
    Will finally see it all when I get back to Vancouver in March.

vCash
    alliou, if necessary, I can help you with videos.
    Let me know.

Thank you, as always, for allowing me to share your "voyage of discovery"; and introducing me to worlds I would never know, without your very special gifts.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 02-23-2014 at 01:49 AM.

vCash
    ali!

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    alliou, if necessary, I can help you with videos.
    Let me know.
    Thank you, as always, for allowing me to share your "voyage of discovery"; and introducing me to worlds I would never know, without your very special gifts.
    Thank you so much re the blog - still having a fine time recording our journey.

Will let you know re vids. Thank you for offering. Not motivated at the moment. Sometimes FS falls to the back burner.

ali!
    Thanks Lost of Inca stuff next

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I have a new post ready - the next stage of our odyssey in Peru - luxury train travel, Cusco, and lots of Inca and pre-Inca ruins

http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/20...-sexy-woman-2/

We currently in Quito, Ecuador, but leave, at the ungodly hour of 4.30 on the morning for the Galapagos Islands. We'll be completely without internet for 8 days. I hope I don't go through withdrawal

vCash
    Beautiful, ali. What is that in the picture with the smiley face, in the section on exploring the streets and below the one with 3 people in front of a beautiful blue wall/door?

Thanks as always for sharing!

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast