Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

I know that they aren't the BEST skatrs out there and they have a lot of harsh critics, but I'll miss them so badly.
    I started to wacth figue skating because of them in 2003 with their Elvis FD and since thta day I bacame a huge fan of them and huge fan of figure skating.
    I feel really bad when people trash them, or Tanith because of so many things (doll loock, O face, bad posture, bad lag lines, otyher skatrs have the very same probles and don't recive such bad critics).
    My litle sis have as ideols Tanith and ben, she always says thta when she grows up she want to be Tanith Belbin and i know thta they are US ice dance idols, they did a lot to the soport in US and cernetly they are very pround of everything that they achived.
    I was good to see them so happy this season even toughth it weren't their season.

I wish them the very best, lots of shows and that they don't desapier.

vCash
    I'll miss them too

vCash
    Me too.

People used to criticize Tanith's skating, especially compared to Ben (who could make anyone look bad in comparison), but I think lately people have really respected her work ethic and dedication to improving. I think overall the response to them is very positive. I certainly wish them the best, whatever they decide.

vCash
    I felt the costuming did them in. Why would anyone cover up those two beautiful humans? Linichuk really missed the boat on that one.

vCash
    I think everyone should respect them! They were the first to win a medal in ice dance for USA!
    I love them and will miss them!!!

vCash
    Has it been officially announced that they are retiring? I, like most other people, are pretty sure this is their last season, but I was just wondering if there was conformation anywhere.

vCash
    I don't think they announced yet, but they talked about this. I'll miss them too.

They could saty for another season, saty with linihuck just as coach and get another choreagrapher, maybe some young and frech, i don't know who could be this person.

vCash
    They suggested today on the today show that they have more or less decided to stop after this year, but may consider worlds.

I will miss them beyond belief... they have contributed so much to the sport, and it is very re-assuring to see so many comments in articles this morning talking about how the surge in N.American ice dance is due to them

vCash
    I say that Davis and White and Virtue and Moir should stay home from Worlds so Tanith and Ben can go and win.

Hey, I can dream, right?

Seriously though, I would LOVE if they could find a way to put a more triumphant cap on their career. Vancouver was just so, so depressing and heartbreaking. I'd love to see them kick some serious rear in Torino.

vCash
    Me, too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I say that Davis and White and Virtue and Moir should stay home from Worlds so Tanith and Ben can go and win.

Hey, I can dream, right?

Seriously though, I would LOVE if they could find a way to put a more triumphant cap on their career. Vancouver was just so, so depressing and heartbreaking. I'd love to see them kick some serious rear in Torino.
    I totally agree.... I suspect Davis/White will go to Torino, but I would not be surprised if both Virtue/Moir and Dominina/Shabalin decide to stay home.

Basically, I absolutely think they should go. I will respect whatever they decide, and feel their "place in history" is secure despite the disappointment of these games, but I'd love to see them end on a high note.

vCash
    I'll miss Tanith and Ben as well. I'm not ready to give them up just yet . I knew the day would come when they would retire from eligible competition as all skaters do but it's come so fast. Or least it seems fast.

I've been following their careers since I first saw them skate in the Nationals exhibition in 2000. At the time I was totally in love with S&P. I was still over Jamie and Justin's exhibition version of their Waltz OD when Tanith and Ben took the ice. The rest as they say is history.

Ben Agosto is one of the best male dancers out there and maybe it was the comparison to Ben that made Tanith look so bad to others. While Tanith did need to work on her polish, I've never believed (and never will) that the young woman I've watched for over ten years was as dismal as some insisted she was. Very few of the female icedancers on the international scene or even national truely had that ballerina look (I'm thinking Grushina, Navka, Matthews...) yet for some reason Tanith got slammed repeatedly far more than others. It's a shame.

While I was happy with the changes in B&A's skating after the move to Linichuk, I admit that I felt sad for Tanith when I read a quote attributed to her earlier this season in which she said that she felt she wasn't elegant enough to skate with Ben and that she was holding him back.

B&A have always been hard workers and more than willing to go that extra mile to continue to progress and develop their skating. Thinking back, B&A have indeed skated to a variety of different themes and have been entertaining through it all.

I'll miss them so much (along with my other favorite U.S. team N&B) but can't wait to see what new styles Tanith and Ben will get to try skating with SOI.

vCash
    I was never a fan of B/A but they have done so much for US ice dancing when we were crap until 05 or so because of them. They've led the way and now D/W are doing the same thing.

Thank you, Tanith and Ben.

vCash
    I'll miss them too! I think they were SHAFTED this Olympics (should have got bronze). I'll always love their Elvis FD. lol.

vCash
    I'll miss them and just like Carmen I am not done with them yet.
    I just have the hope that Tanith is to ambitious to end her career like that and they will go at least to worlds. Fingers crossed!

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash
    They are a remarkable team and there is no disputing that they are an integral part of both the success of D&V and V&M. Their silver medal in Turino swung the door wide open for all North-American ice dance teams to skate through. What I love about them is the positivity they project even in the midst of disappointing moments. They've been great role models to not only D&V and V&M, but to every single North-American ice dance team.

I got teary eyed today while reading an article on Tanith. She was an observer at a press conference for D&V and V&M. She praised both D&V and V&M and told them to enjoy every single moment of this journey. What a great person she is. They've earned my respect.

B&A ROCK ON
    Last edited by Excidra; 02-24-2010 at 12:00 PM.

vCash
    ^do you have the link to this article?

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    ^do you have the link to this article?

http://www.freep.com/article/2010022...on-ice-dancers

vCash
    Great article. Tanith & Ben were absolutely shafted at these Olympics. They should have been on the podium with the bronze medal. Thank goodness they will be skating in SOI. I will miss them so much when they stop skating together.

vCash
    I just dremed last nigth thta david wilson made spetial choreography for a new FD for next season so they would saty one more with kick ass FD haha.

sounds crazy, but who knows, they could really get outside choreo.

But if they really stop competing they will do SOI.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast