Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    I would assume she trains for 7-8 hours a day total. So that's skating plus all the off ice stuff.

vCash
    Kristine Musademba's USFS/Icenetwork bio has been updated, and it lists her new coaches as Frank Carroll, Ken Congemi and Christa Fassi. Her club is still listed as Washington FSC (South Atlantic region).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Kristine Musademba's USFS/Icenetwork bio has been updated, and it lists her new coaches as Frank Carroll, Ken Congemi and Christa Fassi. Her club is still listed as Washington FSC (South Atlantic region).
    Doesn't appear that Frank will be retiring any time soon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    So Congemi is back coaching? Didn't he walk away from it for a year or two?

That's a lot of highly priced coaches to be on one's payroll at any one time .

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I, too, was surprised to see Congemi's name.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Unless Frank's raised his rates dramatically since Evan's Olympic win, he's not THAT high priced (as in I knowcoaches with way less credentials than Frank has who charge a whole lot more). Frank's not as low as Priscilla Hill, now, but he's still in the reasonable hourly rate range.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Carroll charges $45 per 20 minutes. http://www.toyotasportscenter.com/pa...nstructor-bios

vCash
    Mirai Nagasu's coaches are listed in her USFS bio as "Frank Carroll, Ken Congemi, Galina Barinova, Sondra Holmes." It's pretty common for skaters to have one or more secondary coaches in Southern California because of the different rinks they often must travel to and train at.

The summer training camp at the El Segundo rink (Toyota Sports Center) has just ended, and Frank Carroll is moving his coaching base back up the mountain to Ice Castle in Lake Arrowhead.

vCash
    Wow. Another girl for Eastern's who moved to Carroll. Well, this will free up the Eastern section even more!

vCash
    Not if she still represents the Eastern club.

vCash
    As I posted above, Musademba still lists her club as Washington FSC, so it remains to be seen if she will be competing at South Atlantic or Southwest Pacific Regionals. Her Cup of China GP assignment does give her a bye through her Sectional, though.

Minecraft Widow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Carroll charges $45 per 20 minutes. http://www.toyotasportscenter.com/pa...nstructor-bios
    Between that and his willingness to work with skaters of all levels, something I learned from the Manleywoman Skatecast, that makes me like Frank even more. I hope someday to have a lesson with him.
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

vCash
    Oh, I see. However, can't some skaters obtain permission to compete in a different region if their main training base is located there? It seems unlikely that Kristine would fly home just to compete at Eastern Sectionals. Now that I think about it....Pacific Coast Sectionals are also full of talent...Dobbs, Diggs, Gong, Kawamura, Zhang, Zhou, Lam, Davis..etc.
    Last edited by Jenna; 08-02-2010 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Oh, I see. However, can't some skaters obtain permission to compete in a different region if their main training base is located there? It seems unlikely that Kristine would fly home just to compete at Eastern Sectionals. Now that I think about it....Pacific Coast Sectionals are also full of talent...Dobbs, Diggs, Gong, Kawamura, Zhang, Zhou, Lam, Davis..etc.
    Sylvia just posted 2 above you that Kristine has a bye through sectionals so she won't need to compete there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Sylvia just posted 2 above you that Kristine has a bye through sectionals so she won't need to compete there.
    Oh. I thought she meant that she had a bye TO her sectional not through it.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    However, can't some skaters obtain permission to compete in a different region if their main training base is located there?
    No, you have to skate in the region your club is in. But it's easy enough to change clubs if she wanted to skate out of Pac Coast.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    No, you have to skate in the region your club is in. But it's easy enough to change clubs if she wanted to skate out of Pac Coast.
    Not sure about that one. I recall a skater a few years ago skating at North Atlantics and representing the Skating Club of Boston.

ETA: Ahh....here she is. Rachel Hoang (SCOB) skated in Juvenile Girls CIR B.

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/detail.jsp?id=34495

So there must be some rule about this.

vCash
    There is a different rule for Juvenile & Intermediate skaters in the US (who advance to Junior Nationals) - basically, they can compete in the region of their home address or their primary training location. Sounds like Rachel might have been in that situation. It's home club for Novice, Junior & Senior skaters.

vCash
    So there must be some rule about this.
    Yes, it's Rule 3102 in the USFS rulebook.
    3102 Skaters novice and above must compete at the regional championship held in the region in which their home club is located.
    A. Intermediate and juvenile singles skaters must compete in the region where legal residence is established or where the principal training center is located as listed on the qualifying competition entry form.
    B. Pair and dance teams with different home clubs may choose to compete in the sectional championship of either partner’s home club.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    ETA: Ahh....here she is. Rachel Hoang (SCOB) skated in Juvenile Girls CIR B.
    As was said, Juvenile and Intermediate have a different system. I didn't bring them into it so as not to complicate things.

Basically, they have to skate out of the region they are training in.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast