Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Dream View Post
    OK, I'm not that enthusiastic about that prospect, Ten already has all the goods he needs to become a leading one, I want somebody who supports him just the way he already is - and I don't think Carroll is the right person. Sorry, but so for I haven't seen anyone really exciting, charismatic, someone with personality, coming out under Carroll's tutelage. It would be sad if such a tremendous talent like Ten simply makes a wrong choice.
    ITA
    Have no idea why everybody's snarking about Ten's programs here. I thought they were decent and quite interesting in choreo. Especially considering it was his first full season in seniors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What Ten is mostly lacking is consistency and that's what Carroll can help him achieve, both through support and encouraging a better work ethic.
    And also encourage him to showcase himself a little more. He never quite got into the music or the performance, and can come off as boring at times even when skating to Sing Sing Sing.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    There is a rumor that Frank will be coaching Denis Ten.

OMG, I like Ten, but this choice just wrong. He was underscored all last season, he doesn't need another coach, but he needs to be mark correctly by corrupt judges. Hope this just a rumor. What a nightmare will be for so talented skater and defiantly medal contender for Sochi 2014.
    ==" Evgeni Plushenko is 2006 Olympic Champion, 2002,2010 Olympic silver medalist in figure skating and will compete in Sochi 2014 "==

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokko! View Post
    I don't think Mr. Carroll is a good choice for lil' Denis ... he should stay where he belongs
    Where does he belong exactly? Surely that's up to the skater themselves to decide.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markulliz View Post

OMG, I like Ten, but this choice just wrong. He was underscored all last season, he doesn't need another coach, but he needs to be mark correctly by corrupt judges.
    Well, in this particular case going to Frank Carroll would actually be a quite clever move.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuZu View Post
    Well, in this particular case going to Frank Carroll would actually be a quite clever move.
    So you agree judges corrupt and Frank Carroll will do his magic to improve his marks. If this is only the reason he is moving, ISU JS is falling part.
    ==" Evgeni Plushenko is 2006 Olympic Champion, 2002,2010 Olympic silver medalist in figure skating and will compete in Sochi 2014 "==

vCash

OMG, I like Ten, but this choice just wrong. He was underscored all last season, he doesn't need another coach, but he needs to be mark correctly by corrupt judges. Hope this just a rumor. What a nightmare will be for so talented skater and defiantly medal contender for Sochi 2014.
    In that case Frank Carrol is GOOD move. Hello, Olympic Gold Medalist with no quad and a triple axel that looks like a salchow? Also Mirai - 70+ points for a SP with no 3-3? Clearly Frank knows how to work the system.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    In that case Frank Carrol is GOOD move. Hello, Olympic Gold Medalist with no quad and a triple axel that looks like a salchow? Also Mirai - 70+ points for a SP with no 3-3? Clearly Frank knows how to work the system.
    You mean buying judges anyway I liked both Ten's programs this year, it was light and joy and only he needs just more experience in seniors and fair judging. Hope he will get that next year.

vCash
    You mean buying judges anyway I liked both Ten's programs this year, it was light and joy and only he needs just more experience in seniors and fair judging. Hope he will get that next year.
    Buying judges? I'm pretty sure he just teaches his skaters to milk CoP for all it's worth...and it works. Tom has done the same thing for Rachael...how she manages to get level 4s for all her spins is beyond me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What Ten is mostly lacking is consistency and that's what Carroll can help him achieve, both through support and encouraging a better work ethic.
    Exactly. He couldn't manage one clean LP all season. His SP was charming, but his LP was a mess. Mirai's consistency has improved tremendously under Frank, and I hope he can do the same for Denis. He's incredibly talented, but completely unable to deliver. Hopefully working with Carroll will help that.

Just me
    vCash
    You have to understand, for Markulliz, it's always about the pay-offs and bribes, it's never about switching to a different coach because he's a good coach and can help you improve.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Hopefully Frank can give him music for his free that doesn't make ears bleed.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Hopefully Frank can give him music for his free that doesn't make ears bleed.
    mind my words, he'll give him Carmen and Scheherezade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Buying judges? I'm pretty sure he just teaches his skaters to milk CoP for all it's worth...and it works. Tom has done the same thing for Rachael...how she manages to get level 4s for all her spins is beyond me.
    Beyond me too. Boy those camels are so not exciting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    Eventually, he probably will give either (or both) of those pieces to Ten. However, I also believe that Carroll gives Gene Kelly numbers to his male skaters -- I wonder which one of those musical numbers Ten will try.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Does Frank Carroll give music to his skaters? I thought his choreographers did.

If Ten ends up with "Carmen" and "Scheherezade", it's probably good for Carroll, because after all of these years, I would guess he's inured to them.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    Eventually, he probably will give either (or both) of those pieces to Ten. However, I also believe that Carroll gives Gene Kelly numbers to his male skaters -- I wonder which one of those musical numbers Ten will try.
    Hopefully it's Xanadu. Can you just imagine?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Ten does well with upbeat music, I'd love to see him skate to some Gershwin, maybe "Strike Up the Band"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWOUheaec8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    TAKE THAT BACK!! It's time to give Scheherazade a break. She's told many stories but I think only one of them was worth listening to.

If Caroll was buying the judges, it wouldn't have taken him so long to finally have a student of his win Olympic gold (like it or not) or for that matter, US's medal streak might not have ended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Dream View Post
    OK, I'm not that enthusiastic about that prospect, Ten already has all the goods he needs to become a leading one, I want somebody who supports him just the way he already is - and I don't think Carroll is the right person.
    If Ten had all the goods to become a leading one, he would have been higher than 13th (15th in freeskate) in Turin WC... In my opinion Carroll is exactly the right person to coach Ten for better results in competitions. Being just a talented skater is never enough, one needs a lot more to become a top skater.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast