Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Im sorry but this story has me for all the wrong reasons. Must be some jobsworths on this ferry! I mean....WTF?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8627026.stm

Shame he dumped the bike, "You have a WOMAN's bike!" LMAO.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post

I'm more about the gold card BA frequent flyer on the children's bike!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I'm really starting to hate this place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    Hate the volcano. It's the volcano's fault!

Have you been to Richmond? If not, do that. It's a lovely place, has a beautiful park and there's also a bit of a village feel. It's well away from the hustle and bustle of London's centre.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    It could be worse. One of the pro cyclists on Team Sky who is from Norway went out to an oil rig to make an appearance and do a spinning class, and has been stuck on the oil rig since Wednesday.

Hope you get home soon.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I just spent 5 hours on schiphol airport giving out free coffee and tea. Some people were seriously looking at me like I dropped from heaven. I really feel for these people, some of them are going to spend their 3rd night on the floor there right now. Hotels are charging an insane amount of money.... I can get very mad at that... If I wouldn't live on the other side of the country and would have had a bigger house I would have taken people home...poor guys...
    "it doesn't matter if you love what you do, but that you do what you love"
    a quote Tomas Verner () gave me to think about...

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    I just spent 5 hours on schiphol airport giving out free coffee and tea. Some people were seriously looking at me like I dropped from heaven. I really feel for these people, some of them are going to spend their 3rd night on the floor there right now. Hotels are charging an insane amount of money.... I can get very mad at that... If I wouldn't live on the other side of the country and would have had a bigger house I would have taken people home...poor guys...
    Major to you. Been reading how hotels, car rentals etc...are jacking up their prices to cash in on the demand so it's nice to read this side of it.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    I know several people who are choosing to stay at the airport they're stuck at despite being offered accommodation, because they want to be there when the flights start back again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Interesting article on World Leader's attempts to make it to Lech Kazcynski's funeral in Poland. Obama has cancelled plans to attend.

Obama Cancels Plans
    So did Stephen Harper.
    Im sorry but this story has me for all the wrong reasons. Must be some jobsworths on this ferry! I mean....WTF?

At least he could take a ferry, a couple of trains, and some taxis to *get* home.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post

"...he bought a women's bike for 49 euro (£43) while his colleague picked out a bright pink contraption with a giant basket in front."

I would have loved to have seen the parade of bicycle riders wobbling up the ferry's ramp.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Hollywood is going to have a field day with this topic. I can hardly wait for the first movie to come out. hehehe

vCash
    I'm confused. Why are hotels jacking up the prices? For every person stranded in Europe, isn't there someone from North America, Asia, Australia or somewhere else in Europe who can't fly and take up the hotel room they had booked?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I'm confused. Why are hotels jacking up the prices? For every person stranded in Europe, isn't there someone from North America, Asia, Australia or somewhere else in Europe who can't fly and take up the hotel room they had booked?
    because most hotels here are fully booked anyway, it's extremely difficult to get a hotelroom and the hotels want to make some money...

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    because most hotels here are fully booked anyway, it's extremely difficult to get a hotelroom and the hotels want to make some money...
    we have many europeans from various airlines including Air France stranded at airport with no food and no money.. If i was closer I would follow your lead.. not sure who said airlines cover food costs from Europe but its not happening here
    http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/0...e-flights.html
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    today I heard some noises, that they are trying to help out families and kids atleast, putting them in bungalowparcs or something... also I heard lots of Dutch people are being generous offering their homes.

I am working at some highspeed train lounge today. Occasionally I have some stressed people coming in asking me for information or something. I had a lady here crying, because she couldn't fly out with her 11month old and had no mobile phone... I let her use mine... some other guy just came to ask if I don't know a way to book a trainticket to Athens... and I can't do that through the internet...

and actually I'd just send these people away but my heart just can't....

at the airport I know they are giving out some sandwiches, and yesterday we were there with coffee and tea... and some people are getting blankets and a pillow... but I did hear of 2 older ladies sitting there, and they asked for a blanket and a pillow and they did.not.get.it meh... "only if you have small children" or something like that....

vCash
    Kudos for you, Deedeelocks!
    I also feel for the people stuck at the airports, but this really is something one can not predict, I guess. We are so used to that everything goes as we plan that it creates stress, even hysteria.

I am in Toscana, but will leave at 29th to Salzburg via Zurich, then back to Finlan d on the 1st of May. My husband got an extra holiday, because of the evaluation congress next week in Finland had to be cancelled.

Like Hanna, I think there is something poetical about in all this. Volcanoes are older that flying machines. A man can not control everything. I still keep on wrting postcards. Let´s see when they reach home, if ever.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0418/travelupdates.html

Dutch airline KLM has said a test flight it carried out yesterday had revealed no engine damage or other problems from volcanic ash and it would run a further nine test flights.

A spokesman said: "We have not found anything unusual and no irregularities, which indicates the atmosphere is clean and safe to fly.'
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    yeah, my friend saw an airplane fly in the sky today...
    hope they will be able to fly some people out again soon...

I was just downstairs at the international trainticket office and it's a biiiiiiiiiiiig mess!!

vCash
    Too bad the ships don't do the transatlantic route anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Too bad the ships don't do the transatlantic route anymore.
    It's possible to get from London to Sydney and back by bus though

I'm sure the ships will start up again if this continues!

The problem is that we have fantastic weather here at the moment. And the same pressure systems which are keeping us under a cloudless sky, are keeping the ash on the continent. We need rain and strong winds to get rid of it, and it's not forecast for a week.

No flights till tomorrow, they're now saying.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast