Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I'm so sorry you had to postpone, but so glad you're still going! My cousin told my dad next time we should fly through Frankfurt and all I could think is how glad I am we didn't this time.

Have a wonderful time in September!
    Thanks! I don't like going through Frankfurt, but the flight to Venice through Rome had too short a lay over (about 20 minutes). If you go through Germany, Munich is much better. Frankfurt is an older, very dark airport. Munich is brand new, bright and shiny, and a rather pleasant place if you have to wait a while. But, neither Frankfurt or Munich would have gotten you to Torino last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Thanks! I don't like going through Frankfurt, but the flight to Venice through Rome had too short a lay over (about 20 minutes). If you go through Germany, Munich is much better. Frankfurt is an older, very dark airport. Munich is brand new, bright and shiny, and a rather pleasant place if you have to wait a while. But, neither Frankfurt or Munich would have gotten you to Torino last week.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Well, if our trip had gone as planned, we'd have landed in Newark about an hour ago. Trip would have been over, a wonderful memory, but done. So, in as much as it was a disappointment not to go when planned, now we still have it ahead of us. Glass half full now ! Looking forward to September and hoping for quiet volcanos.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    The ash is back. Dublin Airport has just closed until midnight. Irish and Scottish airspace only are affected at the moment.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Banned Member
    vCash
    From what I understand the cloud will be over the states in about 45 days or so, but it hasn't seemed to effect our airspace.
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    From what I understand the cloud will be over the states in about 45 days or so, but it hasn't seemed to effect our airspace.
    I haven't read anything about this that's very informative, mostly guesses. Do we know how dense it will be? It's altitude? Will it be a flight risk? Will it be an air quality/breathing ash danger? How have people in the more extremely effected areas fared? Illness? Is it too soon to tell?

vCash
    Flying to Norway tomorrow... hoping things work out.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    That'll be because it's 45 days away.

I haven't read anything about this that's very informative, mostly guesses. Do we know how dense it will be? It's altitude? Will it be a flight risk? Will it be an air quality/breathing ash danger? How have people in the more extremely effected areas fared? Illness? Is it too soon to tell?
    Yes, so you still have plenty of time to panic and get OCD about it.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    That'll be because it's 45 days away.

Yes, so you still have plenty of time to panic and get OCD about it.
    I don't get OCD about ash. My OCD is strictly reserved for germs And I didn't panic! If you thought I was panicked, you have a very low threshold for that emotion. I was initially disappointed and frustrated (because we had a lot of money invested and we didn't know what would happen), then (after a day) I/we made well considered decisions. We waited, we found out what our options were and we postponed the trip. Reducing our risk of getting stuck, losing money, and allowing seats to be freed up for those who needed to get home.

I was just curious. The media in the US is always in a state of "this is the worst thing ever". So, I was wondering if there was any rational information about the health effects of the ash cloud yet. Even if we do see it in the US, I doubt it will be as dense as it was over Europe. I was wondering if those of you in Europe were suffering any health issues - shall I panic for your well being?

I will admit, though, that if the volcano starts spewing in September, I will get very !

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I was wondering if those of you in Europe were suffering any health issues - shall I panic for your well being?
    No need to worry about us. After all, we have universal healtcare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    No need to worry about us. After all, we have universal healtcare.
    Then I should worry more

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    http://www.icelandreview.com/iceland..._0_a_id=361812

News in english about the activity in that area.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    http://www.icelandreview.com/iceland..._0_a_id=361812

News in english about the activity in that area.
    Yikes! It's hard to tell from the map, but have people been evacuated? Or is the area too close to the volcano, that no one lives there? Mother Nature must be very ! Maybe because we humans are arguing that there is no global warming!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213