Enjoy, NancyNC!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YAAAAY!

It must feel soooo gooood.

vCash
    That is great news NancyNC. So happy to hear you are home and safe. Bet you are looking forward to a full night's sleep in your own bed!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    Yes, now we're waiting for the eruption of Katla
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katla
    Well at least this one has a spellable name compared to Eyjafjalla$%$
    Proper spelling is very important when cursing

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Welcome back to NC.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Saw the video clip of your arrival posted on Facebook.

After your being across the pond for so long, I was sure that you'd be wearing Juicy Couture, huge sunglasses and a headband.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I was a bit to see photos of the first arrivals back in the States being given American flags by volunteers. You'd swear that they'd come back from a war or the Olympics.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    After your being across the pond for so long, I was sure that you'd be wearing Juicy Couture, huge sunglasses and a headband.
    Well, Juicy Couture was one of the fashions in the Victoria and Albert Museum fashion exhibit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I was a bit to see photos of the first arrivals back in the States being given American flags by volunteers. You'd swear that they'd come back from a war or the Olympics.

vCash

Love it.

vCash
    Well, Juicy Couture was one of the fashions in the Victoria and Albert Museum fashion exhibit...
    You didn't go see the exhibit about the fashions that Grace Kelly wore. No. You saw the one about Juicy Couture? Hmm...
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    You didn't go see the exhibit about the fashions that Grace Kelly wore. No. You saw the one about Juicy Couture? Hmm...
    Eeek no - the main fashion exhibit had a Juicy Couture outfit, I didn't see an entire exhibit on it! Unfortunately the Grace Kelly exhibit was sold out for the day (one of the pay exhibits there). We could see a few of the outfits from the entrance though, and they were stunning.

vCash
    Great!

I just got home from the airport where I picked up my coworker who was stuck in Paris for a week. She too is very happy to be back home!!!!!

vCash
    My editor was stuck in London (he was the only Finn who made it to the London book fair), two friends in Milan because of the furniture and desing fair, one traveled by bus and boat from Kap Verde to Finland - but I think they did not get any Finnish flags at the Helsinki harbour

vCash
    Maybe it was already mentioned upthread: Stranded Britons attack British Airways after hike in seat prices

BA has increased the price of long-haul tickets from airports where customers remain stranded following the volcanic eruption in Iceland, placing them on sale to other travellers for as much as £4,700.

Passengers stuck in India, China and the US said the earliest flights they have been offered leave more than two weeks from now even though the airline has put on sale tickets for flights that depart sooner. Many are furious the seats have been placed on the open market when they are desperate to get home and are facing increasingly chaotic situations.
    £4,700 = 5,400 Euro = $7,200

BA

vCash
    Well, I made it to Italy with little disruption. When we got to O'Hare to fly out on the 19th, we were told we'd only be checked though to Rome but that Torino was closed so they wouldn't check baggage any further than Rome. We were advised to call ahead and book a car in Rome to drive to Torino, and were told that the wait for train tickets was averaging 7 hours.

We tried arranging a car but that didn't work, so we decided to just get to Rome and see what happened. Our flight was 2 hours delayed in leaving because the flight from Rome was 2 hours later due to an alternate path to avoid ash (the 10 hour flight had become 12 hours!). When we got to Rome, we discovered Torino was open and that Alitalia had already booked us on the next flight out, so overall we got to Torino only about 2 hours later than was initially planned.

*whew*!!

Flights back were normal of course. I think the only residual thing that I experienced from the ash was that I couldn't see the mountains from the ground. Small price to pay.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Well, I made it to Italy with little disruption...
    Flights back were normal of course. I think the only residual thing that I experienced from the ash was that I couldn't see the mountains from the ground. Small price to pay.
    Glad your trip turned out so well. We decided to postpone, since we had to fly through Frankfurt and the Frankfurt/Venice flights were not flying the day before we were scheduled to leave. They did fly our scheduled flights, the next day, though. We were just concerned that we would have hotel costs that we would not be able to get back if we got stuck in Frankfurt. Also, we didn't want to be two of the thousands there stranded.

So, I did not get to wave to you .

We're going in September. It was initially disappointing, but now we still have the whole trip ahead of us .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Glad your trip turned out so well. We decided to postpone, since we had to fly through Frankfurt and the Frankfurt/Venice flights were not flying the day before we were scheduled to leave. They did fly our scheduled flights, the next day, though. We were just concerned that we would have hotel costs that we would not be able to get back if we got stuck in Frankfurt. Also, we didn't want to be two of the thousands there stranded.

So, I did not get to wave to you .

We're going in September. It was initially disappointing, but now we still have the whole trip ahead of us .
    I'm so sorry you had to postpone, but so glad you're still going! My cousin told my dad next time we should fly through Frankfurt and all I could think is how glad I am we didn't this time.

Have a wonderful time in September!
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast