Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    I am stuck in London and depressed. I have been here all week on business and I'm really really ready to go home... Looks like I will have at least one day and possibly more for the sightseeing I rarely get to do during my trips here. But I want to go home!!!

Sorry to hear that you are stuck.

A coworker is in Paris right now and I hope she'll be able to fly home on Saturday as scheduled as she does not handle stress very well!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post

A coworker is in Paris right now and I hope she'll be able to fly home on Saturday as scheduled as she does not handle stress very well!
    I wouldn't count on her being able to fly. Air France has cancelled all flights in and out of Paris tomorrow morning. It's going to have an effect on Saturdays flights one way or the other.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I wouldn't count on her being able to fly. Air France has cancelled all flights in and out of Paris tomorrow morning. It's going to have an effect on Saturdays flights one way or the other.
    Figured as much. She's going to be a basket case. Oh well, at least she is safe and that's all that counts.

vCash
    Wow, this is a mess.

Has it happened before that airports and cross Atlantic flights were cancelled?

Probably a stupid question: why can't everyone fly to Spain and east out of there?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Probably a stupid question: why can't everyone fly to Spain and east out of there?
    Because they can't fly to Spain?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    You mean it's all over Europe, I thought it was just in their flight paths over Iceland to or from US. Sorry, didn't get that.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Since I don't have to fly anywhere... I'm about the amazing forces of nature. I just find it astonishing. The volcano is erupting and there's nothing the 6,000,000+ people in the world can do about it. Planet Earth is just such a beautiful and wonderful thing.

Signed, a physical geography student
    (I admit it's easy for me to say when it's not affecting me negatively)

OTOH, my parents are not so excited about it. They were supposed to be flying to Madeira tomorrow morning but not gonna happen now.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by equatorial View Post
    Iceland should be declared a rogue nation and part of Axis of Evil. First a bank collapse wiping out savings across Europe, now a volcano grounding European flights. Enough is enough! Memo to the UN: Discuss.
    That would be just about as useful as most other UN discussions.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    See I don't know
    I don't know
    I don't know where I'm a gonna go
    When the volcano blow

No time to count what I'm worth
    Hey I just left the planet earth
    But a' where I go I hope there's rum
    Not to worry, more soon come
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    You mean it's all over Europe, I thought it was just in their flight paths over Iceland to or from US. Sorry, didn't get that.
    Ireland, the UK, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, etc.

The hilarious thing is that Reykjavik Airport is open so you can fly from there to the US because the wind is blowing the volcanic ash east.

ETA: BBC now showing programme that may or may not be called "Top 10 Volcanoes....Ever".
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Wow, this is a mess.

Right now Spanish airports are open, but for how long?

I am . I am supposed to leave for Italy next Thursday. If this keeps up . We fly through Frankfurt.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post

I am .
    Why the ? You'd prefer that the planes fly, but potentially into clouds of volcanic ash and the engines stop?

Bit of perspective here people. Planes aren't flying for a reason. Sucks that you can't get home or go on holiday, but you're alive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    So you'd prefer that the planes fly, but potentially into clouds of volcanic ash and the engines stop?

Bit of perspective here people. Planes aren't flying for a reason. Sucks that you can't get home or go on holiday, but you're alive.
    Are you for real? Obviously I wouldn't want the planes to fly if it were not safe. But, excuse me for being disappointed if my plans get screwed up and I lose a lot of money.

vCash
    Wow, this is a mess.

For 9/11 yes. But other than that, nothing this large, no.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I heard on the news tonight this could end up keeping quite a few of the World Leaders who were planning on attending the State Funeral in Poland on Monday from being there.

My cousin is a Air Traffic Controller at Pearson. I bet he had quite the unusual work day today.

vCash
    When flights get cancelled, the previous passengers get priority so this could dump people off of flights way into next week. So glad no planes flew into this cloud of doom, worse than a flock of birds.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Right now Spanish airports are open, but for how long?

I am . I am supposed to leave for Italy next Thursday. If this keeps up . We fly through Frankfurt.
    Last I heard, Frankfurt was still open. Berlin and Hamburg are shut down. Could have changed by now though.
    But there's plenty of time until next Thursday

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    When flights get cancelled, the previous passengers get priority so this could dump people off of flights way into next week. So glad no planes flew into this cloud of doom, worse than a flock of birds.
    I think that depends on the airline?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I blame Canada.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Chad the CNN weather guy said tonight this could last for weeks because of the jet stream - causing a circular type motion which would stop the ash from moving eastward away - and dissipate.. oh dear May effect flights for quite a while if the jet stream doesn't move..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast