Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Dubreuil and Lauzon only had one solo since she's still recovering from injuries. Would have loved to see them do two solos.

Saw the show three nights in a row (Windsor, Toronto and Hamilton) and I think Hamilton definitely had the best crowd. Kurt had an awesome night in Hamilton and almost everyone else seemed really on both in performance and with jumps, since there were only a handful of retakes and less than I remembered from past years. D/L got a standing ovation for their number, which was my favourite of the night.

I don't think Shawn is selling out his personal style at all, and I think he's settling into show skating quite comfortably. I enjoyed both of his numbers and felt like he really seemed to have a place in the cast. From what I remember from the three shows I saw, he only made a few mistakes in Windsor, but nothing that really detracted from his overall performance for me.

vCash
    I was in Hamilton last night too.

Shawn was on fire last night, he landed everything he tried. I didn't like his first program, I liked the second one a lot better. It was fun.

Jeff had a rough night, he had to do re-takes in both numbers. I really loved his second program. The first one didn't work for me...though that could have been because he missed all the jumps.

Joannie looked great, and I agree with Rock2 about Joannie's Summertime number, it was great. I'm such a sap I got all teary when she came out onto the ice and may have led the standing ovation for her before she skated.

I'm pretty sure Marie-France & Patrice did 2 numbers last night (oops apparently I'm wrong ), I just can't remember what the first one was. And they did the group number with Jamie & David, which was really interesting and reminded me of the 4's competitions they used to have back in the 90's.

Loved Tessa & Scott's Mahler program though they've changed the choreography a little bit. Instant standing ovation when they were done. They were smart and set their programs up so that each side of the arena got to see the front side of the Goose. They were both rocking out during the group numbers which was great to see. I hope they are a part of the show for a long time.

I used to love Jamie & David, but they've done the thing that pro-pairs do where they phone it in. Their first program was the same one they've been doing for years just set to a different piece of music. Jamie missed both throws so they had to do re-takes. The banter between the two of them during the retakes was hysterical though. It was nice to see them actually interacting, otherwise they looked so distant. Watching them last night I believe all the rumours that are circulating about them. Scream was amazing though.

I loved Kurt's That's Entertainment program the first time he skated it and loooved seeing it again. He did look really tired at the end of it. The second program in the hockey skates was fun too.

I liked Jess & Bryce's program, it was pretty.

Cynthia was good, though I just didn't get into her music as much as I did with some of the others. I enjoyed her program in the first act much better than the second one.

I loved the Black Eyed Peas group number too But then, I just love the Black Eyed Peas, so that's not a shock.

My only complaint is that the show felt really short. The guest stars could surely do two numbers? I'm certain when I saw the show in DC last year Jeff did two numbers as a guest star. Also, I bet I'm in the minority here but I missed the theatrical group number they usually do.

vCash
    At the Hamilton show, there were people who sat in temporary seats setup on the ice edges. In the middle of her skate, Joannie stopped, momentarily stepped across the carpeting, and provided attention to a child and mother. The child was sleeping on a seat with his/her head laying across the mother's lap.

vCash
    i went to hamilton as well. loved cynthia but she could just stand there and i would be happy. my friend who was not a big skating fan said she really connects with the audience.... joannie's summertime was lovely and her costuming was beautiful....
    marie france and patrice are absolutely amazing. the tricks that they did were so fabulous i wanted a slo mo so i could watch them again....
    kurt still has the best feet in the business... could watch him all nite.
    love jamie and david as well.... she has so much spunk....
    tessa and scott seeing their skating live makes you realize how unbelievable they actually are.....incredible just incredible...
    the show seemed short to me compared to other ones... good crowd though

vCash
    I loved the show. Bummed about Jeffrey falling on his jumps but still loved "Sympathy With The Devil". Great program.

Kurt was amazing and I am so thrilled I got to see "That's Entertainment" live. Having only seen it on TV in the Pro comps, I appreciated it so much more live. Him doing the 2nd number on hockey skates was amazing. I wonder how rockered they were?

V&M's Mahler was amazing. The one twizzle section was like butter. Sooooo smooth and so on!

Phaneuf blew me away. 2 great programs for her and I couldn't be happier, she has been on the comeback trail for awhile and I think she finally made it. Good luck to her next year, because I think with the right technical/ artisitic program, she could be on the World podium. It has been so long since we had 2 top Canadian ladies, I truly hope that Joannie sticks around even if just for another year or 2.

Shawn Sawyer was amazing. Gawd I love him!!! Probably one of my favourite show skaters ever.

Sale & Pelletier were good but I have kind of lost interest with them over the years.

One thing I am bummed about was the lack of international skaters. My dad and I actually talked about that, the 1st time we went to the show was in 1993. Bechke & Petrov, Gordeeva & Grinkov were in the show. I think Katarina Witt was too or maybe I am confusing 1994 with 1993.

Dubeuil & Lauzon and Dube & Davison were very good. Too bad they weren't able to do 2 programs.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    LOL - from Jeff on Twitter:
    If anyone has seen my landings please send them to stars on ice c/o JButt.
    http://twitter.com/J_Butt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    LOL - from Jeff on Twitter:

If anyone has seen my landings please send them to stars on ice c/o JButt.
    http://twitter.com/J_Butt
    ((((Jeffy)))) They're waiting for you here in Winnipeg, I promise.

So glad to hear that Cynthia is skating well! I keep telling my coach how impressive she is live, so I'm hoping she lives up to my hype.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    It's too bad that Jamie missed both of her throws in Hamilton, because in Toronto she landed them beautifully. In fact, S/P skated really well in both programs at the Toronto show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    It's too bad that Jamie missed both of her throws in Hamilton, because in Toronto she landed them beautifully. In fact, S/P skated really well in both programs at the Toronto show.
    I dont rememebr Jamie EVER missing a throw ?

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Saw the show three nights in a row (Windsor, Toronto and Hamilton) and I think Hamilton definitely had the best crowd.
    I am soooo jealous. Just once feels like it goes by in such a blur, and I’m having a post-event letdown. I felt the Windsor crowd didn’t have a ton of energy. Especially since most of the skaters were pretty on that night. (IMO only Kurt was off.)

One thing I am bummed about was the lack of international skaters.
    Lots of Americans are complaining about the same thing. How weird is it the week US SOI’s in my town I go to CSOI instead. Why not have one cast, and go back and forth across the border as they make their way westward. This week or so they could’ve done some shows in the US Midwest and Ontario.

vCash
    A quick question - did anyone see advance order forms for 2011 at any of the shows so far? I was at the Toronto show and was surprized when there were no order forms on the seats as in previous years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Talentedbuthumble quoted my impression.

Don't get me wrong. Lots to like about Adam. But he's too polished, too classically trained and too "slow-twitch-muscle/flowy" to skate successfully to hard driving rock. I give the guy credit for the effort, but just not convincing.
    I agree, As much as I adore Adam's skating, he can't seem to achieve the quick, staccato moves that would be necessary to make that routine work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosietwo View Post
    A quick question - did anyone see advance order forms for 2011 at any of the shows so far? I was at the Toronto show and was surprized when there were no order forms on the seats as in previous years.
    There were advance order forms on many seats at the Hamilton show.

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    There were advance order forms on many seats at the Hamilton show.
    Ditto Windsor.

vCash
    I saw the advance orders at the Toronto show. They placed them on every two other chairs at my sector.

vCash
    Sold out arena in London today
    http://twitpic.com/1kekpg

vCash
    I think I'm the only one who enjoyed Jeff's Sympathy For The Devil program. I was also at the Hamilton show, and yeah, surprising to see him miss three jumps, while Shawn hit them all (though one was two-footed?). Real shock to see Jamie miss BOTH throws. But... I think it was the only interesting thing about the Try program. That said, she looks awesome. More flexible and strong that I remember during their amateur years, all around better skater, save the lack of jumps and spins. Their Scream was really awesome. I hate, HATE dancing on the spot, especially by pairs when they're side by side, but for once it actually worked. Probably because it was sparse in Scream.

Marie France & Patrice are spectacular, and sometimes had better lifts than Jamie & David. I hope these two go on to a looooong pro career. They're never boring. I'm biased, though, because I've been in love with them since their Life Is Beautiful program.

Jess & Bryce struck me as a mini Jamie & David at times, more than usual. Joannie was lovely and solid, Kurt awesome as always, but the real revelation for me was Cynthia. I've enjoyed her skating over the years, but her headcasery always seemed to blight a lot of it. Not so much anymore-- super performer.

I really don't like Tessa & Scott's ballerina/hockey guy number, so it was nice to see Mahler live.
    Last edited by Andora; 05-03-2010 at 02:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Sold out arena in London today
    http://twitpic.com/1kekpg
    That's awesome, heard it was standing room only!! I'm sure all of Ilderton was probably there supporting Tessa and Scott!

(Of course it's a lot easier to sell out an arena that's half as big as Montreal or Toronto... )

vCash
    SOI in London was amazing today. The best crowd I've ever seen, and probably the best cast in a long time, too. Just so much Canadian talent!

I saw so many people wearing the "Believe" shirts for Virtue & Moir, lots of red in the crowd. The ovations and applause were fantastic. And I think it really fueled the skaters because no one had an off night. No one fell, not once that I remember. Maybe the odd doubled jump but everyone was on fire this afternoon.

I can't choose favourites really, everyone was awesome. The group numbers were a lot of fun. Just a great afternoon of skating.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mocha-ice View Post
    That's awesome, heard it was standing room only!! I'm sure all of Ilderton was probably there supporting Tessa and Scott!

(Of course it's a lot easier to sell out an arena that's half as big as Montreal or Toronto... )
    The GTA has at least 5-6 times the population of London to draw on. Sad that they couldn't sell out the ACC. Of course the entire population of Ilderton would fill at least 1/4 of the JLC!

ETA .. loved Joannie's "My Immortal" and "Summertime" and S&P's "Scream" AND Kurt's Frank Sinatra program in hockey skates .. AMAZING.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast