Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    going to the London show this weekend

vCash
    why does Patrice look so much taller than everyone??? ; )

I am still sad that CSOI is skipping over Saskatchewan. I would have loved to see the Olympic Medallists and the rest of the cast.

vCash
    Can someone explain why Joannie skated to Summertimes in Montreal when she was supposed to skated a new exhibition program, ''History Repeating''? and she did that new program the night before in Ottawa. That's weird. I would have prefered to see a new program of her.

For Jeffrey, I don't remember either why he said he had a rough night. That's true it is Shawn who missed a few jumps.

The show was great in general. Sale & Pelletier's new programs are AWESOME!! but the best ones were Kurt's programs! I can't believe he can do triple salchow and axel with hockey skates! I also would have prefered more group numbers. Like someone said, it's not like it was before, but I understand they didn't have a lot of time to learn them.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Review pretty please?
    Sorry to take so long to respond, haven't been able to be on for a few days.
    I'm definitely lacking in technical knowledge, so it's my impressions only.

I liked all the cast numbers - I don't expect them to be perfect skating, just fun & funny. I think the finale was my favourite.
    I'm not generally a huge Shawn Sawyer fan, but I liked his first performance to Uprising. I liked the way he was able to get into the choreography.
    I think Virtue & Moir could have just skated round the ice and I'd have been happy to just to see them live, but I did very much enjoy both numbers. It was nice that the two pieces are so different. And the four people that came in so late they were just getting to their seats in the middle of V&M & stood right in front of me blocking my view!
    I couldn't stop smiling during Kurt Browning's That's Entertainment number - it was just fun to watch.
    I do wish that Dube & Davison had skated more than one number or been involved in some of the cast numbers. It would have been nice to see them more than once.
    I really enjoyed the piece Sale & Pelletier and Dubreuil & Lauzon did together. Though when they were at opposite ends of the ice, it was hard to decide who to watch.
    If you just want to watch an evening of fun show skating, it is definitely worth doing, IMO.

vCash

Meet & greet in Toronto Wednesday

Wednesday 12pm at Sears, Eaton's Centre, Yonge/Dundas, top floor mall entrance. Kurt Browning, Joannie Rochette, Jeff Buttle, Cynthia Phaneuf, Shawn Sawyer, Marie-France Dubreuil & Patrice Lauzon will be signing autographs.

vCash
    what are jamie and dave skating to? I miss them on the US tour!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
    Sorry to take so long to respond, haven't been able to be on for a few days.
    I'm definitely lacking in technical knowledge, so it's my impressions only.

I liked all the cast numbers - I don't expect them to be perfect skating, just fun & funny. I think the finale was my favourite.
    I'm not generally a huge Shawn Sawyer fan, but I liked his first performance to Uprising. I liked the way he was able to get into the choreography.
    I think Virtue & Moir could have just skated round the ice and I'd have been happy to just to see them live, but I did very much enjoy both numbers. It was nice that the two pieces are so different. And the four people that came in so late they were just getting to their seats in the middle of V&M & stood right in front of me blocking my view!
    I couldn't stop smiling during Kurt Browning's That's Entertainment number - it was just fun to watch.
    I do wish that Dube & Davison had skated more than one number or been involved in some of the cast numbers. It would have been nice to see them more than once.
    I really enjoyed the piece Sale & Pelletier and Dubreuil & Lauzon did together. Though when they were at opposite ends of the ice, it was hard to decide who to watch.
    If you just want to watch an evening of fun show skating, it is definitely worth doing, IMO.
    Thank you! We love the US tour, but we miss our Canadian & international skaters so much this season. Can we share them with all of you up in Canada next year (with no tour overlaps, please & that includes Japan SOI, too)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joemauerlover View Post
    what are jamie and dave skating to? I miss them on the US tour!
    1)Try from Blue Rodeo
    2) Scream from Michael and Janet Jackson
    Last edited by quebecoise; 04-29-2010 at 01:29 AM.

vCash

More meet & greets with the cast

http://www.sears.ca/content/merchand...g/tour-dates#a

* Edmonton
    May 7, 2010
    5:00 p.m.

Tessa Virtue
    Scott Moir
    David Pelletier

West Mall
    8770 170th Street

* Victoria
    May 10, 2010
    5:00 p.m.

Kurt Browning
    Cynthia Phaneuf

Victoria Hillside Shopping Centre
    3190 Shelbourne

* Vancouver
    May 13, 2010
    12:00 p.m.

Tessa Virtue
    Scott Moir
    Joannie Rochette
    Jamie Salé
    Cynthia Phaneuf
    Shawn Sawyer
    Marie-France Dubreuil
    Patrice Lauzon
    Jeffrey Buttle
    Kurt Browning

Downtown Vancouver
    701 Granville Street

vCash

CAA Member Promotion

Don't know if someone has posted this already. Sorry to duplicate if someone already has!

Just found a ticket discount link for Canadians who are CAA members. It's on the Stars On Ice website under the "Tickets & Schedule" section. It's quite a discount! You enter in your CAA card number and it takes you through the regular ticketmaster page. From there, it tells you what to enter as the password from your CAA card.

For the Toronto show, some lower bowl seats are $97.00 and on-ice seats are $162.00. I'm thrilled to get seats for the Toronto show in the upper part of the lower bowl of the Air Canada Centre for only $12.50 each + fees (only $19.00 per seat all in!) At those prices, they're sure not making any money off of my friends and I going!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Great...Just great. It figures the seats I need would be the most expensive.

There are times when I do hate Toronto. Not very many, but there are times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Great...Just great. It figures the seats I need would be the most expensive.

There are times when I do hate Toronto. Not very many, but there are times.
    why cant you go in cheap seats ? are those all taken?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jtpc View Post
    Don't know if someone has posted this already. Sorry to duplicate if someone already has!

Just found a ticket discount link for Canadians who are CAA members. It's on the Stars On Ice website under the "Tickets & Schedule" section. It's quite a discount! You enter in your CAA card number and it takes you through the regular ticketmaster page. From there, it tells you what to enter as the password from your CAA card.

For the Toronto show, some lower bowl seats are $97.00 and on-ice seats are $162.00. I'm thrilled to get seats for the Toronto show in the upper part of the lower bowl of the Air Canada Centre for only $12.50 each + fees (only $19.00 per seat all in!) At those prices, they're sure not making any money off of my friends and I going!
    I LOVE Stars on Ice this year for that! I couldn't afford to pay 90-100$ for ticket. When I found in February I could use my CAA card, it made my day. I was 12th row this year in Montreal for only 24,75$ instead of like 45$ each ticket! I hope they will do that next year too.

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    I am too tired (yet wired, as Kurt once said) to write a formal review. But this I'll say- I'm poor starving arteeste, and it cost some to get to Windsor CSOI tonight (new passport, tolls, gas, ticket).

But seeing my JoRo, Tessa and Scott for the 1st time in person [as well as CP, Shawn & Jeff - OK Buttle fans, NOW I get him ] AND Kurt, Dub/Lau & Sal/Pel, whom I also luuurve: PRICELESS!

And getting to watch more than an hour of some serious warmup before the show ... SKATING FAN HEAVEN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    I am too tired (yet wired, as Kurt once said) to write a formal review. But this I'll say- I'm poor starving arteeste, and it cost some to get to Windsor CSOI tonight (new passport, tolls, gas, ticket).

But seeing my JoRo, Tessa and Scott for the 1st time in person [as well as CP, Shawn & Jeff - OK Buttle fans, NOW I get him ] AND Kurt, Dub/Lau & Sal/Pel, whom I also luuurve: PRICELESS!

And getting to watch more than an hour of some serious warmup before the show ... SKATING FAN HEAVEN.
    Sounds great! Glad you enjoyed it. After you get your energy back...a review then, perhaps? Would like to hear about the warmup, especially!

vCash
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Reading reviews like this really make me wish I could've gone. How'd you get to watch the warm-up?

vCash
    Ok so get this...
    My friend here in Toronto who works for Smuckers (duh why didn't I think of this before!! ) called me to say "hey I got two tickets for tonite and VIP back stage passes" Interested??!?!?!?

Ummm, what do you think???

In case I run into a skater or two if we get the passes I'm happy to pass on questions from the floor. Might be a good conversation breaker to start with "this friend of mine's a big fan and has a question I'd like to ask in his/her behalf......"

Open to ideas!!

vCash
    I just got back from the Toronto show. I'll leave the reviews to others, but just wanted to say thanks to Stars on Ice for bringing back show lighting... HUGE improvement over last year!

Those who commented that Tessa rocked the group numbers were correct. I found myself watching her more than any of the others. Also as reported, she did have a smile on her face the entire time which made me grin. On the other hand, the lack of show experience on the part of Tessa and Scott was clear in their numbers. I know these routines were thrown together/dug from the vault, and with good reason, but it's really obvious. I had great seats so it wasn't that I wasn't able to see personally, but I was paying attention to program layout and the hockey/ballerina number in particular completely ignores three sides of the rink. All the other skaters made a point to skate for all four sides of the rink -- good show choreography. Tessa and Scott were also the only performers to acknowledge only the sides of the rink and not the ends during their bows -- too bad as the ends were the loudest screamers. Also, I adore the two of them and could watch their skating all day, but I am I the only one who didn't love their abbreviated Mahler routine? It seemed to me like I was watching a beautiful program, but every once in a while they'd hit the "skip" button on the remote and would stutter to a new spot. The big highlight lifts were there, only half the twizzles, but not much else.

Jamie and David got the loudest cheers of the night I think for their Jacksonx2 number. I have to say they can still pull out the big tricks and rock a number.

I love Kurt
    Last edited by nlyoung; 05-01-2010 at 04:05 AM.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Thanks for the quick review. I'm taking my daughter and my son's fiancee to the Edmonton show, and I'm really looking forward to it!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast