Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    My pictures from London: http://ericaleedesigns.com/photos/th...s.php?album=70
    (Pictures from Hamilton posted previously: http://ericaleedesigns.com/photos/th...s.php?album=69 )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    I think Joannie will have been just fine on Mother's day. I lost my own mother less than a week after Joannie lost hers - had to call for an ambulance just hours after hearing about Joannie's tragedy. I made out okay yesterday and have nowhere near the strength of mind that Joannie has, nor did I have the distraction of a show to perform surrounded by friends and fans.

We are definitely different people but I have the feeling Joannie would have spent some time, like I did, quietly reflecting on how lucky she was to have had the best mother in the world. Thank you Mom, I owe you so very much. Love you forever.

I'm so sorry for your loss .. it is never easy and it sounds like you're coping as best as possible. I lost my dad in Jan and the loss of a parent is always very difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I just got back from the Vancouver show. It's the last, and there were some tired moments and many, many more "no need to save anything" moments.

In the last show, the one with the mike gets to thank the crew, and Sale and Pelletier dragged out the choreographer for the group numbers and "Scream" (at least), a man identified by Browning as Chuckie. And because it was the last show, Browning said he was "verklempt" with an accent that could have come from one of my great-uncles.
    I must say this is one of the best Stars On Ice that I have seen in a long time. Sure glad they brought back the lights. I've been going to SOI in Vancouver for a long time now and finally a fairly packed lower bowl. I was very happy to see interest back into the sport.

You could tell it was gag night for the final show. Everyone was going that extra mile to mess each other up! Loved the group numbers -- you could tell a lot of gags were taking place. Also loved during Kurt's Luck Be a Lady number one of the cast members dressing up in a hot leopard print outfit trying to distract Kurt as a crazy fan!!!

Kwan fan - that guy Jamie introduced was one of the dancers from Michael Jackson's This Is It tour. I heard he helped with the choreography for their number.

I thought the cast did an amazing job despite a couple falls and a wardrobe malfunction :-)

vCash
    I heard Adam skated to Cinema Paradiso as his another exhibition piece for the last two shows? That is my favorite movie/music. I want to see that !!
    Last edited by YukiNieve; 05-16-2010 at 07:27 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Yes, Rippon's program was to music from "Cinema Paradisio". Thank you to Sylvia, for telling me what the music was

It's a beautiful program, very lyrical, and he looks very comfortable in it for such a new program. The jumping passes are ambitious, but I'm not sure there's enough rink for them in these shows, especially with exhibition lighting and no boards.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I hope it won't be too long before I get to see Adam's new program.
    I love "Cinema Paradiso", also.

vCash
    If anyone is going through skating withdrawal like I am, there are a number of new YouTube clips from the last few CSOI shows. And finally someone had one of "Summertime." It was the performance with the bizarre fall that someone mentioned here. But still, oh, what a great program. (Shae-Lynn choreo, yes?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    If anyone is going through skating withdrawal like I am, there are a number of new YouTube clips from the last few CSOI shows. And finally someone had one of "Summertime." It was the performance with the bizarre fall that someone mentioned here. But still, oh, what a great program. (Shae-Lynn choreo, yes?)
    Can you please post the link? I really really want to see that program but can't find it on Youtube

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Can you please post the link? I really really want to see that program but can't find it on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jg5DlTt8Z4

vCash
    Thank you!!! Loved it!

vCash
    My photos from Vancouver:
    Vancouver Stars on Ice

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They're great, Teenes! They really capture the character of each number.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    Well I doubt they would make a public announcement, but their skating seems to speak for itself this season! Whatever they are going through, I hope they work it out!!
    guess not hey.....

vCash
    I'm reposting a link that was originally posted in the U.S. SOI tour thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooloovoo View Post
    And here's the link to Hoo's photos from the Hamilton show (May 1): http://www.scratchspin.com/2010/csoi...soi10ham.shtml

THANKS to all the photographers!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789