View Poll Results: Thatís (More Than) Alright, Mama! (Vote For Everybody You Liked Tonight)

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Kelly

3 5.17%
  • Andrew Garcia

0 0%
  • Casey James

13 22.41%
  • Crystal Bowersox

43 74.14%
  • Katie Stevens

14 24.14%
  • Lee DeWyze

35 60.34%
  • Michael Lynche

22 37.93%
  • Siobhan Magnus

9 15.52%
  • Tim Urban

23 39.66%
  • Canít Help Falling In LoveÖWITH EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE TONIGHT!!!!

0 0%
  • Nobody Was Close To Good (Or Even Mediocre...Return To Sender!)

0 0%
  • American Idol Was On? I Was Watching DWTS and Lost!

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    we should watch together - why hurl something at two TVs and destroy them, when we can do a group hurl and save one of the TVs
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    for me it's The Greatest Love of All and I Believe I Can Fly that will get me to destroy my own tv
    Save your TVs. Watch DWTS results show and throw something soft when Kate is saved yet again. On second thought, TV sales may increase dramatically next weekend.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Save your TVs. Watch DWTS results show and throw something soft when Kate is saved yet again. On second thought, TV sales may increase dramatically next weekend.
    She has something like 80 million kids doesn't she? They all must be voting, she'll probably win the whole thing.

ETA: I am not looking forward to this inspirational song theme. It seems to me that you have to be a really, really strong singer to pull them off, and with the exception of Crystal, there aren't any of those on Idol this year.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    She has something like 80 million kids doesn't she? They all must be voting, she'll probably win the whole thing.

ETA: I am not looking forward to this inspirational song theme. It seems to me that you have to be a really, really strong singer to pull them off, and with the exception of Crystal, there aren't any of those on Idol this year.
    I know a lot of people are left cold by Michael but he has one of the strongest voices on the show and that would be true of any season. He doesn't always inject much personality into his songs but he is practically flawless in the vocal department. I think inspirational songs will be his strongest week if he goes the gospel route.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I could applaud a good gospel song. It's that saccharine crap I fear.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Tim Urban is #4 in our poll of the nine people who sang Tuesday night. Apparently 16 of you watched a different show than I did!!! (You do know that "voting for the worst" doesn't work in our poll, right??)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Tim Urban is #4 in our poll of the nine people who sang Tuesday night. Apparently 16 of you watched a different show than I did!!! (You do know that "voting for the worst" doesn't work in our poll, right??)
    Wow, is that true? Obviously I have a tin ear. I think he is just awful. I don't even think his voice is strong enough to do High School Musical. My husband & I just cringed Tuesday night when he sang. He hit so many bad notes we were putting our hands over our ears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Ryan is really REALLY getting on my nerves this season. Is he over it? Maybe he feels he should step out with Paula and now Simon leaving. It is just him and Randy left! I thought he was incredibly rude when he kept questioning Didi and I thought he topped himself by dancing during Tim's song. I am sorry but Tim was trying to sing on National television in front of millions of people, perhaps he could have made sure to do his mocking OUT OF EYE SIGHT! I am glad Tim didn't notice. It was sooo tacky of Ryan.

ITA. He has become much more obnoxious. The Brian Dinkelman comment was totally unnecessary and petty.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    this lip synching crap has GOT to stop! It has now become laughable it is so poorly done.
    I know! At least have them lip synch to their own processed voices and get the timing a little better.

So much for the season of the women.
    No kidding. And I really didn't think that Katie was one of the worst two. I think Tim handed over some of his cheese to Aaron and borrowed some of Katie's robotics for his singing. I'm guessing that the producers have given up on Aaron and decided to back Tim and his idiotic grin and hair instead.

Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    we should watch together - why hurl something at two TVs and destroy them, when we can do a group hurl and save one of the TVs
    I'll join you. I cannot stand that song. And it would be even worse being sung by a pageant boy. I think Crystal will nail the inspirational song. Mike will be good if he can control the corniness. I'm sure Casey can find an inspriational blues-influenced song. I'm afraid Lee might go for one of Nickelback's inspirational songs. Aaron will probably find a country religious song. Tim might go for the patriotic vote.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Aaron will probably find a country religious song. Tim might go for the patriotic vote.
    Lee Greenwood: God Bless the USA.

Deadliest Catch is on Tuesday. I'm thinking bleeped out f**k will be more entertaining.

vCash
    Yes. Done acoustically. He'll have to do away with the grin for a couple of minutes. Will he go with the closed eyes or the unblinking eyes?

Lady Antebellum taped a performance for a future AI episode. I wonder if that means we have country week coming up.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Lady Antebellum taped a performance for a future AI episode. I wonder if that means we have country week coming up.
    isnt Shania Twain a mentor later in the season?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Are you guys trying to make me jump out my window? It was bad enough when that vapid bint in David Cook's season did it (and then I had to sit through it LIVE ), but if Tim grins his way through an acoustic version, I'm just going to have to off myself.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Shania Twain to be a mentor on American Idol Season Nine (Country Week?):

http://www.rickey.org/?p=37957
    You NEVER listen to me!! :

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I hope Country Week is really soon, like the week after next since we already know what next week is. I have been hoping Lady Antebellum would go on Idol and get enough of a sales boost to take #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. They have been so close. Now their song is starting to lose spins on Pop radio or is at the very least evening out. If their performance airs in 2 weeks then they may have a high enough audience impression in addition to the sales boost to take #1. I hope it happens for them! The last Billboard #1 on the Hot 100 for a country artist was LoneStar, wasn't it? (Not counting Carrie Underwood's single release after Idol because it was NOT a country single).
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    She dropped out once she learned that John Park got the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Are you guys trying to make me jump out my window? It was bad enough when that vapid bint in David Cook's season did it (and then I had to sit through it LIVE ), but if Tim grins his way through an acoustic version, I'm just going to have to off myself.
    It kept her in the competition. And Tim may grin like an idiot, but I think he's very savvy when it comes to manipulating the audience. He'll either go the religion route, the patriotism route, or both like Kristy Lee whatever. I'll bet he throws in a thank-you to the troops.

vCash
    I could applaud a good gospel song. It's that saccharine crap I fear.
    Uh huh.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    He'll either go the religion route, the patriotism route, or both like Kristy Lee whatever. I'll bet he throws in a thank-you to the troops.
    if he says he had to sell his horse to be there, I call shenanigans
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    You NEVER listen to me!! :

((Peter))

if he says he had to sell his horse to be there, I call shenanigans
    If he said that I would and maybe vote for him!!!

vCash
    This may just be a ploy by 19E to get Tim and Aaron off our TV screens. Can anyone really see the tweens voting for ANY of the incipidspirational songs? This is a blatant prop of Michael and Lee.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    This may just be a ploy by 19E to get Tim and Aaron off our TV screens. Can anyone really see the tweens voting for ANY of the incipidspirational songs? This is a blatant prop of Michael and Lee.
    Naw. It's just Fox's effort to tug at heart strings so people will give money and they can chalk up another community service check mark.

vCash
    It kept her in the competition. And Tim may grin like an idiot, but I think he's very savvy when it comes to manipulating the audience. He'll either go the religion route, the patriotism route, or both like Kristy Lee whatever. I'll bet he throws in a thank-you to the troops.
    Wow you may be right! I've always thought Tim was just another pretty-boy dumb jock who can sing a little, but he's actually very clever with song choices and knows how to manipulate the teen girl audience (I think he's picked a song with "Love" in the title for like 4 weeks in a row now, and notice he's suddenly wearing tight, unbuttoned t-shirts ). I see him as the male KLC, not male Sanjaya --- and that makes Tim a lot more dangerous in terms of advancing deep into season 9. He's a lot more savvy than his pretty boy looks suggests.

P.S. There are pics on internet of Tim doing a missionary trip in Africa (playing with African children) and of course, his brother is in the Marines. If Tim chooses to pimp his backstory on Idol Gives Back, he just might land into the AI9 finals because he'll gain the Christian vote and Patriotic vote to go along with the Tween vote.
    Last edited by shuilee; 04-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast