View Poll Results: Thatís (More Than) Alright, Mama! (Vote For Everybody You Liked Tonight)

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Kelly

3 5.17%
  • Andrew Garcia

0 0%
  • Casey James

13 22.41%
  • Crystal Bowersox

43 74.14%
  • Katie Stevens

14 24.14%
  • Lee DeWyze

35 60.34%
  • Michael Lynche

22 37.93%
  • Siobhan Magnus

9 15.52%
  • Tim Urban

23 39.66%
  • Canít Help Falling In LoveÖWITH EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE TONIGHT!!!!

0 0%
  • Nobody Was Close To Good (Or Even Mediocre...Return To Sender!)

0 0%
  • American Idol Was On? I Was Watching DWTS and Lost!

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    ETA: Allison Iraheta is opening for Adam (along with Orianthi) on Adam's tour. I want to see this concert!

Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Wow you may be right! I've always thought Tim was just another pretty-boy dumb jock who can sing a little, but he's actually very clever with song choices and knows how to manipulate the teen girl audience (I think he's picked a song with "Love" in the title for like 4 weeks in a row now, and notice he's suddenly wearing tight, unbuttoned t-shirts ). I see him as the male KLC, not male Sanjaya --- and that makes Tim a lot more dangerous in terms of advancing deep into season 9. He's a lot more savvy than his pretty boy looks suggests.

P.S. There are pics on internet of Tim doing a missionary trip in Africa (playing with African children) and of course, his brother is in the Marines. If Tim chooses to pimp his backstory on Idol Gives Back, he just might land into the AI9 finals because he'll gain the Christian vote and Patriotic vote to go along with the Tween vote.
    And then throw in the pics of him posing in his bathing suit. He's like a combination of Kristy Lee and Jordin (who did pageants). Yep. He's very savvy. He wears a Marines t-shirt in the behind the scenes stuff. I don't think it's a coincidence. And I do think that the smiling and "I'm just having fun" stuff is very planned, along with the song choices and styles that pander to the tween/HSM audience. Casey said in an interview that Tim plans out what he's going to say to the judges the day before the performance show. He gets that he's going to lose the talent portion of the pageant and is trying to make up for it with the interview and bathing suit portions.
    Last edited by Allskate; 04-16-2010 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    ETA: Allison Iraheta is opening for Adam (along with Orianthi) on Adam's tour. I want to see this concert!
    I do too, for Allison and Orianthi. Then I'd just slip away and let the sparkle cows have their moment with Adam.

(disclaimer, not all Adam fans are sparkle cows, but you will see them in droves at these shows...)
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    I don't want to see Orianthi. I'll make sure to get there after her set.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I don't want to see Orianthi. I'll make sure to get there after her set.
    no, that is the perfect time to see of Adam is selling those sparkly earplugs at the concession stand
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Ryan Seacrest Keeps 'Idol' Contestant from Quitting

When I saw this headline, I knew almost without a doubt to whom it was referring (if true):

http://www.popeater.com/2010/04/16/c...erican-idol%2F

vCash
    The only Orianthi song I've ever heard is the annoying one that's on the radio now. Are all her songs like that? She's supposed to be an awesome guitar player, so maybe if she played songs I liked, she might not be too bad. In any event, I'd be going to see Allison and Adam. But, who knows where the tour will go, how much it will cost, whether I can talk anyone into going to see the show with me, etc.

I don't think I want to know what a sparkle cow is.

ETA: Who knows how true that TMZ piece is, but I would bet that a number of the contestants think about quitting. It's a lot of time away from her son and she's probably surprised how much of her time is spent on things other than music. There unquestionably are people who audition for the show because they want to be famous, but I don't think she's one of them. I think she loves music and wants to be able to financially support her son that way, but she may not have realized exactly what she was getting into and she may wonder if what she's doing is really what's best for her son. It's hard to figure out what's right while she's getting to spend so little time with her son. It might almost be a good thing if she ends up going out third or fourth and 19 doesn't sign her. She'll have more control over her music and her life.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I don't think I want to know what a sparkle cow is.
    moo, I suppose it could be me
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I don't think I want to know what a sparkle cow is..
    I'm guessing it's a derogatory term towards some of Adam's less attractive female fans.

So that would, of course, eliminate mlp.

snarking for AZE
    vCash

vCash
    I used to be derogatory of some Adam fans, but then I realized that even though I will probably weigh fifty pounds more in twenty or thirty years, the happiness that comes from feeling glamorous and beautiful will probably never fade. If 70% of the audience is older than me, that's cool too.

I'm looking forward to this tour so much. The ticket price feels a lot better when you're looking forward to all of the artists and not just the main one. I feel like this will also save money for 19E as it gives them the chance to promote three of their artists at once instead of in three separate tours. Yayyyy Allison! Even though I like Allison a lot and I own her album, I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to see her live, so I'm happy that she'll be at a concert I was already planning to go to. I want to hear her vocals again in person. I barely remember anything about any of the Idols from the tour last summer. I kind of hate "According to You," but I'm kind of curious to see Orianthi anyway. MJ picked her as his guitarist for a reason, and I think it would be pretty awesome to see her doing the solo for Adam's "Sleepwalker" like she does on the CD. I want to see and hear Adam live again too, of course. He's inspired me so much already. I want to feel the energy that people keep talking about. And I also want to see the lasers. And what he's going to wear. And the hair. I've already got one friend who said he'd go with me. Dance party!!!

It must be really tough for Crystal and any of the Idol contestants who are parents to be away from their kids so much. I think the article is true as I heard that Crystal updated her facebook that alluded to it being true. Something about everyone having their doubts, but that she's doing this for her son and for her fans. That's a common theme among Idol parents.
    Last edited by cailuj365; 04-17-2010 at 02:13 AM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Adam and Allison on tour together! I am so there if they come near me and I can afford tickets. The affording part will be tricky...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash

And then throw in the pics of him posing in his bathing suit. He's like a combination of Kristy Lee and Jordin (who did pageants). Yep. He's very savvy. He wears a Marines t-shirt in the behind the scenes stuff. I don't think it's a coincidence. And I do think that the smiling and "I'm just having fun" stuff is very planned, along with the song choices and styles that pander to the tween/HSM audience. Casey said in an interview that Tim plans out what he's going to say to the judges the day before the performance show. He gets that he's going to lose the talent portion of the pageant and is trying to make up for it with the interview and bathing suit portions.
    Tim is really also the male version of Haley Scarnato who wore shorter and shorter skirts in season 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Tim is really also the male version of Haley Scarnato who wore shorter and shorter skirts in season 6.
    Except that it's less effective for females b/c it's less likely that adolescent/pre-pubescent boys would power vote.

vCash

ETA: Who knows how true that TMZ piece is, but I would bet that a number of the contestants think about quitting. It's a lot of time away from her son and she's probably surprised how much of her time is spent on things other than music. There unquestionably are people who audition for the show because they want to be famous, but I don't think she's one of them. I think she loves music and wants to be able to financially support her son that way, but she may not have realized exactly what she was getting into and she may wonder if what she's doing is really what's best for her son. It's hard to figure out what's right while she's getting to spend so little time with her son. It might almost be a good thing if she ends up going out third or fourth and 19 doesn't sign her. She'll have more control over her music and her life.
    If she were on ANTM, she'd get "the edit" and be kicked off b/c she doesn't really want it!

vCash
    Re Orianthi - I hated her song on the radio at first until I saw some YouTubes of her singing in coffee houses, etc. Girl is the real deal - she can sing without autotune and her guitar skills are amazing. She surprised me.

Regarding "Sparkle Cows":

Sorry, I should have explained better. Sparkle Cow is not a term to mean 'less attractive Adam fans'.

It's a term used by various boards (VFTW, Top Idol, etc) to refer to the more rabid Adam fans who have gone to great lengths to make themselves look like Adam as they follow him around. Many are women who dress much younger than their age, adorning themselves with black nail polish, literal glitter and sparkle from head to toe, leather bras (seriously) and other things that only result in them looking rather ridiculous. It may be a cute look on a 17 year old, but a woman in her 50s and 60s and beyond? Just no.

The photos they post of their getups can be amusing - the leather bra is an example, where one old woman posted a picture of herself wearing a leather bra as she played drums. Several have had Adam's face tattooed on themselves, one being huge blue eyes that go across her entire upper back. It's a strange breed of fandom that are extremely over-the-top in their views that he is the One Who Will Save Rock (when the guy doesn't even sing rock IMO), the Rock Gawd from Planet Fierce, etc. Many of them who have earned this term are also big into vilifying Kris Allen for his win. Some of these same women have shown up at shows where both Adam and Kris played and abruptly walked out en masse once Adam was done to show how much they hated Kris. They are also the ones you'll see right in front of the stage, pawing all over Adam in places no one should paw all over. Sorry if this rubs some the wrong way, but it's not an attractive thing to see this behavior going on.

Again, this term is not applied to all people who are fans of Adam. And although I may not be a fan of his (he turned me off midway through his season after I was an early fan), i absolutely give him credit for being an amazing singer who puts on a good show for those who like him.

Apologies if anyone thought I meant all Adam fans. I didn't.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Re Orianthi - I hated her song on the radio at first until I saw some YouTubes of her singing in coffee houses, etc. Girl is the real deal - she can sing without autotune and her guitar skills are amazing.
    It's nice that she can sing. However, she doesn't sing music that I enjoy listening to; therefore, I will not be in the arena during her set.
    Regarding "Sparkle Cows":

Sorry, I should have explained better. Sparkle Cow is not a term to mean 'less attractive Adam fans'.
    You contradict yourself in the following paragraph

Many are women who dress much younger than their age, adorning themselves with black nail polish, literal glitter and sparkle from head to toe, leather bras (seriously) and other things that only result in them looking rather ridiculous. It may be a cute look on a 17 year old, but a woman in her 50s and 60s and beyond? Just no.
    They're having fun. Let them have it. Lord knows, I've seen women dressed badly at David Cook shows, and quite frankly, just about every show I've ever been to. They are not unique to Adam.

And you want rabid, over the top fans? Some of Marty Casey's fans (from Rock Star: INXS) from the Order of the Garter (they had this weird ritual involving homemade garters, spoken lines and some sort of ceremony involving said garter) tried to arrange a "private" party for Marty in Vegas, if you see what I'm saying.

Look, I'm not going to say I've never mocked them, because most of them have giant hair and wear too little clothing, but you know what? Except for the private party, (and the night Marty got and offered $10K for a night of passion) they were just having a little harmless fun. I'm sure the Sparkle Cows are no different.

eta: this came across way bitchy, which was not my intent. I just think if a performer gets someone so fired up, well, that's just awesome.
    Last edited by PrincessLeppard; 04-18-2010 at 02:04 AM.

vCash
    What I meant was that the term didn't refer to someone who might be deemed "not attractive" by people. These women can easily be attractive except for their manners of dress and antics. And yes, tons of this crap (and more, believe me) went on at David Cook shows too. I know all too well, unfortunately.

And yes, there are areas of crazy fans in every fandom. Every one of them has their own little "name". You admit you mocked. That's what some folks do about the Sparkle Cows. I don't really have much to do with the Adam fandom since I don't follow him. What I've encountered in the David fandom has run the gauntlet of harmless fun to the truly despicable.

It seems the nuttier fandoms have always been Idol fandoms, unfortunately. It seems to be the setup of the show (or maybe the result) with people thinking they're getting to know "the real" artists via the tv show. There are some who then feel the artist "owes" them for their success "because we voted for you". In almost every instance, it's not the artist's fault and is solely on the shoulders of the rabid crazies.
    Last edited by Kruss; 04-18-2010 at 04:50 AM.
    ~DC

vCash
    Some people just express their adoration of their idol in different ways. Some are more extroverted and aggressive, and others are horrified at the thought of getting dressed up like that and risk looking like a fool. Adam loves his older fans and loves that people get dressed up for his concerts. I think he takes a lot of joy in how passionate they get even when they probably don't normally act or dress like that. Once he said he loved it and wasn't embarrassed by it at all, I stopped being embarrassed by it. Besides, age is just a number. Let the older fans be 20 in spirit for a night when they're seeing their favorite singer. My roommate and I aren't 45 or 60, but our style is rather plain. We bonded a little over Adam, and now we're trying out all of this nail polish and taking pride in being a little more stylish. We quote him during our shopping trips to give ourselves confidence. My entire family gave me a stern lecture one by one when they saw the black nail polish...but you know what, I'm just having fun and it's not like it's permanent! If women who are twenty years older than me are going through that experience right now, then that's cool too. They should have a little fun without worrying about whether or not they're acting their age.

And a lot of those fan accounts become very exaggerated, especially when written from fans of other Idols. Regarding the Kradison concert a few months ago, if fans only wanted to see Adam, then they are entitled to leave for Kris. It's their ticket. Just like how you don't want to stick around for Adam even though he's the headliner.

I think what's annoying for everybody is just rudeness or smugness in fans, but as people are pointing out, it's not like it's exclusive to Adam Lambert. That happens everywhere. I know plenty of younger, really smug Kris Allen fans who constantly put down Adam. Also, for every one woman who gets someone's eyes tattooed on her back, there are 400,000 fans who don't. It's like that one Johnny Weir fan who got "Johnny" tattoo-ed on her ankle. Extreme fan behavior isn't exclusive to just Idol, but it's well-known since it's so popular. In any case, I think it's important to remember that most fans aren't that extreme, and the vocal online fans are a small proportion of someone's overall fanbase.

Oh dear, the theme for next week is so cheesetastic. My roommate and I groaned as soon as it came out of Ryan's mouth.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910