Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Duck Hunter
    vCash
    aww that's too bad because their voices together are to die for.. but you're right, they could have cancelled. Are you glad you went even though the conditions weren't ideal?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Glad yall had fun. I went with a friend yesterday to see Jonny Lang. Saw some others too but none that I knew by name. It was my first trip to the JazzFest and I really enjoyed it. My goodness it was HOT, though! I was so thankful Jonny Lang played in the Blues tent because we went in there way early to get out of the sun and ended up staying in there until the day ended. It was just too hot and crowded to be walking around for me. It was nice when we first got there about 11 because it wasn't so crowded but that changed quickly. The food selection was just mind boggling, this was no state fair!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    aww that's too bad because their voices together are to die for.. but you're right, they could have cancelled. Are you glad you went even though the conditions weren't ideal?
    Very glad. We were talking about it at lunch how it was a once in a lifetime eventas who knows when we'll get the chance to see them in person. Though I'm hoping that since Paul Simon has been to Jazzfest a couple of times that he'll get Art to come back soon and with a strong voice!

I go to Jazzfest every year so I'm use to all kinds of conditions but Saturday's mud was the worse for me in a long, long time. Going back on Sunday to see one of my local favorites, Luther Kent and am hoping for a dry weekend.

vCash
    Sorry Artie's voice wasn't with him

I've seen him solo twice. The first time was in the dead of winter and he coughed into his hands a time or two and was, I'd say, about 80%. The second time was a few years ago in July in Kansas City and he sounded like it was 1969 and seemed to know he was in great form, as he sang four more songs than on the tour stops the night before or after that!

vCash
    That's too bad about Art's voice I hope it is better in a few weeks when they start their North American tour! I saw Art solo last year and his voice was in fine form. Hopefully, he just had a cold and will be better soon.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

vCash
    Well, I just learned today that the neighbors for whom we had been picking up the mail since Friday had flown off to the New Orleans Jazz Festival. And saw Simon and Garfunkel. Harumph. She thinks Garfunkel's voice problem is more than a temporary problem, but I guess we'll see. The mud was apparently pretty gloppy where they were.

The neighbor on the other side whose mail I was picking up this weekend also went to Louisiana for a high school reunion. The world went to Louisiana this weekend, and I stayed here for three inches of snow overnight. Not fair. Not fair at all.

vCash
    Never saw them live, but I'd love to hear Kathy's song live !

Poster of Pet Vines
    Guess: StirRapidly+Anti+LargestHumanOrgan
    vCash
    Sorry Art's voice was bad.

I saw them on the first reunion tour in the '80s in Three Rivers. They said it was one of the top 3 performances ever of "Bridge over Troubled Water" and it was magnificent. I've seen Paul solo since - he should never sing "Bridge" without Art. But "Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes" was amazing.
    Sit vis nobiscum.
    Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur

vCash
    My mom was at their concert in Central Park in 1981. SO jealous.

vCash
    Sorry to hear Art was struggling with his voice. Hope it's somewhat better for tomorrow night.

ETA: Just learned tomorrow night's concert has been postponed!
    Last edited by Marilou; 04-29-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Aww that's a bummer!

vCash
    My dad has been looking forward to the concert for a long time; we hope that the date is rescheduled soon!

vCash
    Paul & Artie just announced on their website the postponement of the entire tour until July. Art suffered a vocal strain, so they are going to take enough time off for him to recover.

http://www.simonandgarfunkel.com/

The Simon & Garfunkel tour originally scheduled for April - May
    is being postponed due to a vocal strain recently sustained by Art
    Garfunkel. In an effort to provide the highest quality performance
    for their audience, Paul & Art decided it would be best to move the
    scheduled concert dates. The dates have been rescheduled to allow
    for an adequate period of rest and rehabilitation, after which
    Art is expected to make a complete recovery.

Both Paul and Art regret any inconvenience this has caused their
    fans and are looking forward to seeing them at the rescheduled shows.
    Luckily, the new date for the concert I am going to is on a day and time that is convenient for me! I wouldn't miss them for the world!

vCash
    I'm so glad they postponed the tour as there was no way that Art should be singing at all. Hope that his voice is fully recovered by the time the tour starts up again.

vCash
    Judging by these videos of the Jazzfest event I sooo wish I was there even with Artie's voice issue. Paul sounded awesome!!

Just Paul:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohIcL9SdHdI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snq7Va_59N8

S&G
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Tb6zWQP6Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IegPCOtmF0

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The concert in Vancouver was re-scheduled for 3 July, but I received an email today announcing that it was "postponed indefinitely" with instructions for getting a refund.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Yes, this is sad news, indeed. It looks like the entire tour is postponed indefinitely due to Art's voice problems. According to their announcement on their website, Art will make a full recovery, but they just cannot say when. I just hope I can still go to a show when they do reschedule.

From www.simonandgarfunkel.com :

According to his doctors, Art is expected to make a full recovery, however they cannot predict an exact timeline.

Simon & Garfunkel regret any inconvenience this has caused their fans and are looking forward to rescheduling the dates when Art fully recovers. Art says, "I do feel bad about disrupting so many people's plans but, as I continue to mend, I can't yet bring my 'A Game' to a tour, and I would not perform for you with
    anything less."
    I do respect that they consider the quality of their tour and would rather postpone than try and perform at a level that they know is not their best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12