Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I'm a terrible fan for saying this ... but remind me again what the difference is between the Yield and the U-Turn? Don't they both involve doing an additional task? Or does it have something to do with turning over an hourglass and just sitting there waiting for the sand to run out? I remember something about an hourglass.

Yes, for the yield the team must turn the hourglass and wait until all the sand has run out. For the U-turn, the team must complete the other side of the detour.

vCash
    Carol & Brandy are so unpleasant , and were particularly unpleasant after being U-turned (although, to be fair, I can't blame them for being upset). Resorting to name calling is ironically representative of the "first grader" mentality that they claim Caite & Brent have.

I hope the brothers or Jet/Cord win. I'm that there's no "Amazing Race" on next week.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Good riddance to Carol and Brandy. I don't like Caite and Brent, but it was getting tiresome listening to Carol and Brandy whine about them for so long.

I hope the cowboys win. I was impressed with the brothers for being able to complete that fast forward. It was hard for me just to watch it; there is no way I could ever do something like that. These are my two favorite teams.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I didn't like Carole and Brandy the first ep I saw (only a few weeks ago) but since then I have come to appreciate them, despite the negative/diva-ness of the brunette. I really hate Caite and Brent though (Prancer has the perfect description of her - and adult women who insist on behaving like 5 years olds make me x infinity).
    I have to agree with this, more or less:

Quote Originally Posted by icedance21 View Post
    Resorting to name calling is ironically representative of the "first grader" mentality that they claim Caite & Brent have.
    Caite is immature, but she's 20. Carol and Brandy are, ahem, a little bit older, but they carried on like a couple of pissed-off high school girls. I'd be mad, too, but it's pretty hard to claim the high road for them based on comparative behaviors.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    If I heard correctly, the DuhTectives had been setting the U-Turn up by convincing B&C that Team Les was a bigger threat for the Final 3 than the DuhTectives were. They said something about having their plan work out perfectly. If so, there's not much duh in them at all.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    If I heard correctly, the DuhTectives had been setting the U-Turn up by convincing B&C that Team Les was a bigger threat for the Final 3 than the DuhTectives were. They said something about having their plan work out perfectly. If so, there's not much duh in them at all.
    ITA. They are very savvy and demonstrate more strategy than any other team. Brent and Caite are lucky, but the Duhtectives are smart.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Whew, that was a packed hour of TAR! So much going on that there was very little time for and ... yet somehow the Mean Girls managed to fit it in aplenty.

Good riddance, indeed. Such immaturity* from two obviously intelligent and sharp witted women ... they could've been vintage TAR hero/villians in the vein of BJ & Tyler, the Guidos, or Schmirna. Instead, they fluctuated episode-to-episode from bitchy to whiney to kinda fun then back again ... before finally flaming out. Even that didn't stop their Heathersesque tamtruming against their young prey. To that, Carol & Brandy, I say "Corn nuts!"

ITA that the Dutectives seem to have played B&C very wisely, apparently stirring the "boo to the Mean Girls" pot to minimize their own chances of being U-turned. Smart, but they're def. the pair I'd least like to see win. Short Dutective is okay, but Big Dutective is marginally creepy/just too much (way too many "I LOVE YOU" and "BABY" to Short Detective, among other things).

I'd hope for a Cowboy, Little Brothers, and Caite & Brett Gump Final 3 (with either brother/brother team winning) ... but edgic says the Little Brothers are out next. (Twice, we've been shown the Dutectives thump their chests and say that a Cowboys, The Gumps, and Dutectives Final 3 would be great.)

Bah to no show next Sunday, and to another Taylor Swift live performance.

*Though I did chortle at some of those insults, e.g. Brett & Caite Gump, the YouTube barb, and the titular quote during their post-mortem ... ahhhh, got it, so "Dumb" is another team versus the quoting team's own mistake(s)!

vCash
    Glad that Carol & Brandy are gone. Brandy is one mean & small minded woman. Carol really didn't bother me that much. I've been pulling for the Cowboys from the first episode & am so happy they are still in this race. I read in "Rodeo News" that Cord just won a pro bull riding event in Tx. a week or so ago.

vCash
    Caite was so ticked off about fellow competitors considering her dumb that she decided to go and prove them right. Instead of taking out one of the two strongest teams, they take out the ones they find insulting. Morons! For her sake, I hope Caite learns soon that it's a waste of time to seek vengeance against everyone who considers her an idiot. Otherwise, she'll be wasting a lot of energy and time.

The detectives played it smart. I'm still pulling for the cowboys. If the dumb team pulls out the win, I'll be very annoyed. I like a team to earn their win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Caite is immature, but she's 20. Carol and Brandy are, ahem, a little bit older, but they carried on like a couple of pissed-off high school girls. I'd be mad, too, but it's pretty hard to claim the high road for them based on comparative behaviors.
    I totally agree.

And yes, Caite let Carol and Brandy get to her, but any team that's made it this far is a threat, IMO. Maybe now that the distraction of Carol/Brandy are gone Caite will concentrate more on the race. One can hope, anyway...

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Well, she did do the drumming thing very well and they did end up in 2nd place.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I just think that Caite is a bit immature. I didn't agree with her reasoning for U-turning Brandy and Carol. There were at least two teams that were stronger. I also thought that Brent and she did the Duhtectives' dirty work. If they wanted a team eliminated, they should have done it themselves. Maybe the Duhtectives should have been on Survivor. That was skillful manipulation. The Cowboys are gonna win this.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Caite repeatedly calling Carol and Brandy "the mean lesbians" was seriously starting to grate towards the end of the episode. Not that Carol and Brandy calling Caite "dumb" was any better, but still....

Am kind of hoping that Caite & Brent Gump beat the Duhtectives out of the final three.

Here's hoping the Cowboys (or failing that the Little Brothers) win.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234