vCash

Update after my whole Spring Break drinking thing...

It has been so weird. 'Drink-buying guy' and I have actually been talking. We've met a couple of times and texted a lot. He goes to the same type of church I do. And we met in a bar! In fact, he goes to the church my STBX's aunt goes to, as well as my first husband's grandparents!! How crazy is that? Anyway, I guess you could say we'll be dating. Or maybe we're just 'talking.' I don't know what the classification is, but I think we'll be having fun in the future. I think maybe I've just gone completely insane.

Anyone else ever have this happen- go somewhere you'd normally never go and end up meeting someone else you wouldn't have expected to meet there and it turned into either a lasting relationship or a fun time for a while?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNaoWat? View Post
    Anyone else ever have this happen- go somewhere you'd normally never go and end up meeting someone else you wouldn't have expected to meet there and it turned into either a lasting relationship or a fun time for a while?

I think that's how life should be. You don't want to get into a rut and get boring.

Sounds like you're just enjoying life!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNaoWat? View Post
    My son's former hockey coach, who is Canadian, met his wife, who is American, on a cruise. They live in Michigan now.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    What is your "whole spring break drinking thing?" Did I miss something?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Let me ask you honestly SoNaoWat--considering all the challenges your daughter has had recently, and considering you've recently split from your husband, do you really think it's wise to start another relationship with someone at this point? IIRC, you just remarried about three years ago or so. That means your children have had to adjust to a new step-father, the departure of that step-father, and now potentially a new romantic interest all in a relatively short amount of time. Given the fragility of at least one of your children, have you considered the potential negative effects this may have on your children?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    What is your "whole spring break drinking thing?" Did I miss something?
    I think she's referring to this thread from last month.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I think she's referring to this thread from last month.
    Thanks, I even posted in that thread.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Hi Agalisgv- Thanks for the reminder. I know what you're saying. But trust me, I have this completely under control. Hubby left over a year ago. This thing with the new guy is not going to be a relationship right away, not in the sense that my kids have anything to do with it. My plan is that I will go out with this person when I can, and the kids will not meet him unless it develops into something serious. I definitely do not intend to be dragging this person through my children's lives. I really appreciate that you would point that out to me, just in case I was considering that this new person was Mr. Right. But I'm not. As a spouse, not even close. As a person to go out with from time to time and smooch on a little, yeah maybe.

I already know this person well enough to know that he's never been the falling in love and settling down type, and right now that's fine with me. He's a man and I'm a woman, and we enjoy talking and he's funny, so I'm just going to relax and have fun and see what happens. I have a counselor who will slap me upside the head if I start to lose touch with reality regarding this person.

Thanks again for caring enough to say what you did. I've got this, though.