Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would think that Barantsev might be viewed as too old and past his prime.

I was going to suggest Sergei Magerovskiy, but he's even older.

Can Russia start importing partners now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    To recap: Fedor is coming back to skate men's singles for Canada; Fedor is going to skate pairs with Jenny, country tbd; Fedor is going to skate men's singles for Azerbaijan; Fedor is going to skate ice dance with Janna, country tbd.

I guess the logical next step in his career is to skate ladies singles, country tbd.
    Does Ben Agosto want to continue competing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Isn't he possibly an American citizen now, can he keep Russian citizenship if he becomes a citizen of another country? (These are questions I don't know...)
    i think Russia and US both allow dual citizenships. So when a Russia skaters acquires US citizenship he/she will not have to loss their Russian citizenship.

I think all people like Anastassia Liukina and Denis Petukhov all have dual citizenship.

It is when countries like Japan who do not allow dual citizenship, when the problem arise, as in Yuko's case. in this case, Japan could have a made an exception of allowing her to have hold on to her Japanese citizenship (she was trying to do this and Japanese govt. does allow it under special circumstances) and gain Russian citizenship, but that did not happen. for this reason she had to lose her Japanese citizenship.

Looking for my siggy!!!
    vCash
    Dear Jana; here are a few fellow Russians you could try out with (it sure would be fun for us if you did!) Arkadi Sergeev 24 years, Dmitri Kiselev 21, Andrei Maximishin 26, Ivan Shefer 27, Maxim Bolotin 28, . Maybe these Canadians would do? Liam Dougherty 26, Spencer Barnes 24, Lief Gislason 27, Is there any proof positive that K&N have retired ? I sure would like to know for sure. What about B&A, D&S Rus, F&S, K&K, N&B , I wish they would all retire , ah that was nasty, sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Penniless Rostrum View Post
    Dear Jana; here are a few fellow Russians you could try out with (it sure would be fun for us if you did!) Arkadi Sergeev 24 years, Dmitri Kiselev 21, Andrei Maximishin 26, Ivan Shefer 27, Maxim Bolotin 28, . Maybe these Canadians would do? Liam Dougherty 26, Spencer Barnes 24, Lief Gislason 27, Is there any proof positive that K&N have retired ? I sure would like to know for sure. What about B&A, D&S Rus, F&S, K&K, N&B , I wish they would all retire , ah that was nasty, sorry.
    Dmitri kiselev is now competing for Czech Rep. so he is not an option. Ivan shefer will be even bigger liability than Novitski. maxim bolotin seems to be coaching according to this Video.Sergeev probably is available but Maximishin is very unlikely considering he and her had competed together before.

Well most of the teams you want to see no more are either taking a year off (D/S), retired (N/B, B/A)or very likely to retire next one or two years (K/K, F/S).

vCash
    Hei, how about Vitali Novikov? Or is he too tall for Jana? Also, Attila Elek? I know this sounds kinda crazy, but there MUST be some partner out there for Jana. I can't believe that Russian Fed. would let their best female ice dancer retire due to the lack of partner.

vCash
    Hahaha Jana is so tiny height wouldn't be an issue with Elek. I would so totally love to see them team up (obviously not gonna happen but would be so cool!).

vCash
    Daniil Barantsev told me a while ago that Jana was offered to him as a partner when his partnership with Natalia Romaniuta ended, but he declined, he felt she was too short. Anyway, I don't think he would be keen on resuming a competitive career with a new partner.
    Andrei Maksimishin has retired and as posted above, he was partnered with Jana before she skated with Sergei (obviously, this doesn't mean that a partnership wouldn't work out).
    Arkadii Sergeiev has retired AFAIK and I think he wouldn't be strong enough for Jana.

There are really not many good male ice dancers above junior age available right now in Russia.

vCash
    Maksimishin was Yana patner before Novitsky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IneZR View Post
    ...Also, Attila Elek? I know this sounds kinda crazy, but there MUST be some partner out there for Jana. I can't believe that Russian Fed. would let their best female ice dancer retire due to the lack of partner.
    A very interesting idea There will be no problems with height difference for sure. Elek is coaching now, but he always wanted to continue competing, just couldn't find a partner.

vCash
    Trankov should double in pairs and dance and be a two time gold medalist Tatiana and Jana in Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyculver View Post
    A very interesting idea There will be no problems with height difference for sure. Elek is coaching now, but he always wanted to continue competing, just couldn't find a partner.
    That pairing would be inna full-on F-P+M void

vCash
    Khokhlova + Fedor Andreev had a tryout?! I don't believe this.. Can someone confirm?

Anways, am glad to see Khokhlova get another partner which she should've done in 2006.

vCash
    I go away for the weekend and miss all this craziness?! Even though it looks like Fedor/Jana isn't going to happen, is he still looking to do dance? Doesn't he have back issues?

vCash
    Please, translate this

http://www.infox.ru/sport/winter/201..._Syergye.phtml

Sergei search new partner too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ituriel View Post
    Please, translate this

http://www.infox.ru/sport/winter/201..._Syergye.phtml

Sergei search new partner too
    we are going to have more drama like in M/T case? yayyy

I think they should stick together but get anotehr coach.

vCash
    The Novitski part of the article
    `During those 2 weeks Sergey has to undergo the new course of treatment. After that it'll be clear whether a surgery can be avoided. Right now he is skating and is looking for a partner. His leg hurts but he skates nevertheless. Of course, he does not skate at full force - he does not want to make his injury even worse' - said the coach Svinin.

Doesn't sound optimistic to me...

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Interesting. I thought it was a wide known fact that K/N have retired, moreover, I heard something about Yana trying out with someone non-Russian for professional skating.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Really interesting. I thought they were a couple off-ice as well. So, another Russian case.

vCash
    WTF? I thought they split because he wanted to retire? How come he's looking for a new partner?
    They always seemed to be on friendly terms. Now I'm confused about all of this.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast