Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 375
  1. #61

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Usually in the D/W thread
    Posts
    5,065
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    To recap: Fedor is coming back to skate men's singles for Canada; Fedor is going to skate pairs with Jenny, country tbd; Fedor is going to skate men's singles for Azerbaijan; Fedor is going to skate ice dance with Janna, country tbd.

    I guess the logical next step in his career is to skate ladies singles, country tbd.


    Seriously, this is all getting to be a bit much...I can't even wrap my brain around the idea of Fedor and Jana as serious ice dance competitors. If it really does happen I'll be .

  2. #62
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,691
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6328
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I guess the logical next step in his career is to skate ladies singles, country tbd.


    Is that serious about Linichuk coaching? If Jana was willing to switch coaches, why couldn't she work with Tkachenko then? The whole thing is bizarre. I can remember when Fedor was landing quads at Canadian nats but losing to Buttle and Sandhu because of inferior skating skills. Haven't seen him skate in years, but I never thought he would have the skills to become a quality ice dancer. I guess he has had a lot of time to practice though... ? I do remember Tessa was doing his choreo. Maybe he actually picked up some technique from her.

    Sadly with only 2 Worlds spots for Russia I doubt they'd make the team, which is saying something for a lady of Jana's caliber. Hopefully they could skate at Euros.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    221
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is still Fedor dating with Tessa? (bad english grammar )

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,897
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    4348
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post


    Is that serious about Linichuk coaching? If Jana was willing to switch coaches, why couldn't she work with Tkachenko then? The whole thing is bizarre. I can remember when Fedor was landing quads at Canadian nats but losing to Buttle and Sandhu because of inferior skating skills. Haven't seen him skate in years, but I never thought he would have the skills to become a quality ice dancer. I guess he has had a lot of time to practice though... ? I do remember Tessa was doing his choreo. Maybe he actually picked up some technique from her.

    Sadly with only 2 Worlds spots for Russia I doubt they'd make the team, which is saying something for a lady of Jana's caliber. Hopefully they could skate at Euros.
    It is just a joke...Bad English did not help either. I was just joking considering how bad things can be with her skating with Fedor. I thought Novistki was bad , but this could be even worse...Only way she and Fedor could win (just my opinion) is also to bring L/K. that way you include all the major politicking powers in the team and on paper should win no matter what happens on the ice.

    So another question to people who think she will skate with fedor? who will be the coach, surely not Zhuk and Svinin.If thatis case, it will be strange for fedor to not skate under his mother as the coach (especially considering she presently has more clout behind her than the former}.

    And at the end hope Khoklova/Fedor partnership is just someone's dream, hope she can find someone suitable maybe Grachiev

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Somebody close to Tkachenko told me the story is not true and that he never intended to skate with Jana. He is happy skating with Katia and plans to stick to that.

    So either Oubik's source was wrong or it was right but after the story came out, Tkachenko is trying to do damage control not to make Katia look expendable.

    The mystery continues!

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,944
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't know why an ice dancer as experienced and accomplished as Khoklova would even consider skating with a 28 year old skater who has no experience in ice dance, at any level. And I'm sorry, but Fedor is scattered. Always has been, probably always will be. Add to that his lack of work ethic and I just don't see this happening.

    I also wouldn't be surprised if skating w/Fedor also comes with the caveat that the team be coached by Mama and Igor.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sleep in heavenly peace, my BH
    Posts
    11,808
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1718
    La Khokh and Fedor sounds more like an April fool's joke than a plan.

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    221
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    A good and hilarious april's fool joke

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am being assured by my that Tkachenko really is happy skating with Riazanova and wasn't interested.

    No clue about Fedor, though but if it's true it's hilarious.

    Maybe Jana would like to train with Shpilband, but as she could never afford it on her own, if she skates with Zoueva's son, she will get a discount.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Age
    42
    Posts
    8,565
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1475
    Quote Originally Posted by sbanet View Post

    If Miss Diva LaKhok is in Michigan, I'm hoping she'll hook up with Stagniunas.
    I think that he is already partnered...

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    La Khokh and Fedor sounds more like an April fool's joke than a plan.
    Plan or Joke
    the try outs are taking place right now
    I am led to believe that Fedor is not working out, she also trying with Stagniunas.
    Regarding Tkachenko there were talks even at the federation level.but not sure if the skating parties were aware of the match making
    yana as made repeated comments to friends that she no long wanted to stay in Zhuk and Svinin group,

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    If Jana competes with Deividas, they'll represent Russia, right?

  13. #73

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,919
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3902
    The height difference of a team like Khokhlova/Stagniunas would bother me, I think. But, wait, I think they're going to do pairs, not dance! ;-)

  14. #74

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    9,859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5594
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    The height difference of a team like Khokhlova/Stagniunas would bother me, I think. But, wait, I think they're going to do pairs, not dance! ;-)
    Eislauffan, when I saw your name as the last poster on this thread, I thought FINALLY we would learn the truth about this story. I am disappointed!

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jersey, Channel Islands
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,120
    vCash
    925
    Rep Power
    790
    Am I thinking of a different girl, or was it Khokhlova who always wanted to skate pairs rather than dance? If she could jump she and Fedor might have made a good pair team!
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Khoklova has already had tryouts with Deividas Stagniunas and Fedor Andreev.

    Neither of them have worked out and she's going back to Russia.

    I wonder what the future holds for her. I can't think of any Russian partners that would be suitable for her.

    She is very short and that's a big problem. Another obvious issue is finding somebody near her level, it's not like there are hordes of guys who can match her ability.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 04-17-2010 at 10:20 PM.

  17. #77

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    9,859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5594
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Khoklova has already had tryouts with Deividas Stagniunas and Fedor Andreev.

    Neither of them have worked out and she's going back to Russia.
    What about Daniil Barantsev? I know he is skating with his wife, but that competitive career is over now and a fantastic skater like Daniil could have an immediate chance of success at the Euros and Worlds with Yana. They would match well physically too.

    If Stanislav Morozov has volunteered to retire so that Tatiana Volosozhar could fulfill her potential with another partner, couldn't Jennifer Wester "release" Daniil too? It could mean terrific coaching opportunities for both of them in the long run.

  18. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,946
    vCash
    1600
    Rep Power
    4887
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    What about Daniil Barantsev? I know he is skating with his wife, but that competitive career is over now and a fantastic skater like Daniil could have an immediate chance of success at the Euros and Worlds with Yana. They would match well physically too.

    If Stanislav Morozov has volunteered to retire so that Tatiana Volosozhar could fulfill her potential with another partner, couldn't Jennifer Wester "release" Daniil too? It could mean terrific coaching opportunities for both of them in the long run.
    I thought of Daniil too. The only thing is who would they skate for? Does Daniil still have Russian citizenship...And I doubt the Russian federation would release Yana.

  19. #79

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    9,859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5594
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I thought of Daniil too. The only thing is who would they skate for? Does Daniil still have Russian citizenship...And I doubt the Russian federation would release Yana.
    Why should Daniil have lost his Russian citizenship?

    Anyway, maybe he's happy with his life as it is.

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,946
    vCash
    1600
    Rep Power
    4887
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Why should Daniil have lost his Russian citizenship?

    Anyway, maybe he's happy with his life as it is.
    Isn't he possibly an American citizen now, can he keep Russian citizenship if he becomes a citizen of another country? (These are questions I don't know...)

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •