It seems to be Gosselin news day....

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrityn...d-dance-201084

Banned Member
    vCash
    Without fear you cannot find courage

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Poor Tony. Is he obligated to say these things:

Dovolani declares to the camera, "I strongly believe in her. The very first words she said on our show was, 'I want to win.' I told her today that I still see the possibility of her winning."

As for Kate, I've not seen her take criticism well, constructive or otherwise.

vCash
    I'm sorry but I just can't see why anyone has any interest in this family. I wish they would go away. Utterly mundane and trashy. Is it only the media that keeps them in our faces? There must truly be a vacuum of meaning in our society if this is pulled into the popular culture. They got a divorce and are squabbling about custody. So what.

vCash
    Her new book is due to hit the streets on April 13th "I Just Want You to Know." Actually, the title reminds me of OJ Simpson's book "I Want to Tell You."

Oh what joy is ours...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Ugh, why won't she just go away?

Her DwtS popularity astounds me. I get that she's a single mother, but hey, so is Pamela Anderson. Niecy Nash is a mom too. Her being a mom shouldn't be a reason to keep her around on the show where she shows no talent or redeeming qualities that we can really see. Frankly, in pop culture, I'd rather hear or watch shows with Octomom than her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Ugh, why won't she just go away?

Her DwtS popularity astounds me. I get that she's a single mother, but hey, so is Pamela Anderson. Niecy Nash is a mom too. Her being a mom shouldn't be a reason to keep her around on the show where she shows no talent or redeeming qualities that we can really see.
    Kate looks more like your typical next door neighbor than Pam and has been on the national consciousness lately way more that either Pam or Niecy. I can totally see how some mothers identify with her.

Frankly, in pop culture, I'd rather hear or watch shows with Octomom than her.
    Just like some people are now regretting that Samantha was replaced by Brooke Burke, be careful what you wish for, LOL. Have you seen Octomom when she was on The View?

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    What about a Kate vs Octomom cage match?

vCash
    Her poor children, having to go through all this

vCash
    I still don't think Kate is as bad as her ex, Jon. Someone's gotta make the bucks to feed, clothe and educate all those kids. He doesn't seem to be earning anything, nada, just bouncing from one girlfriend to another. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line, Kate hired an agent to get her story out, out, out, so that it has become boring to hear again and again.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    He doesn't seem to be earning anything, nada,
    He's supposed to be paying $20000 a month in child support.

The cynic in me thinks that might have a lot to do with the custody claim.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Apparently Jon has allowed the kids to be filmed again. In June, Kate + 8 will start being shown on TLC. Maybe he finally realized that their show was their money-maker. US Magazine

And kind of related to all this, is that Micheal Lohan is now engaged to Jon's ex, Kate Major. Apparently Lindsey is less than enthused. Radar Online

vCash
    More on Kate's book:

http://www.people.com/people/article...342494,00.html

Seeing as her previous books for the same publisher were also prayers and letters to her kids, I'm thinking there can't be too much new in this one. Unless she's going to 'fess up about her challenging life as a single mom with the nanny/nannies, personal assistants, housecleaners, and personal organic chef

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by personwhoishere View Post
    Her poor children, having to go through all this
    ITA!! I just wish that there was a sensible relative to get custody of the kids away from both of them, and, raise the kids properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    Apparently Jon has allowed the kids to be filmed again. In June, Kate + 8 will start being shown on TLC. Maybe he finally realized that their show was their money-maker. US Magazine
    What would you call that, an un-epiphany?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    So Kate is going to be supernanny and supervise stressed-out mothers in their homes for days at a time? That's a lot of time to not be with her own children.

vCash
    I don't even want to think about how screwed up those kids are going to be in ten years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    ITA!! I just wish that there was a sensible relative to get custody of the kids away from both of them, and, raise the kids properly.
    Kate said (in an interview) that she was estranged from her family.
    Did they try to step in?

I definitely won't be watching.
    Why would anyone want to see Kate again, after watching her on DWTS?

vCash
    from what i've read and heard, Kate's family stopped talking to her when she wanted to get all these freebies for the kids. Jon still talks with his family.

Although not the best situation but why not let Jon try having all 8 for a bit? Kate's not doing much anyways (how is being on a dancing contest and her own show helping others going to help her kids if she's away all the time?). i say let him take care of them the best way he can and let the chips lie where they are. It's better for him to step in as their dad and raise them rather than all the nannies.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    Although not the best situation but why not let Jon try having all 8 for a bit? Kate's not doing much anyways (how is being on a dancing contest and her own show helping others going to help her kids if she's away all the time?). i say let him take care of them the best way he can and let the chips lie where they are. It's better for him to step in as their dad and raise them rather than all the nannies.
    Do you think the same of other single moms with TV shows? Should they lose custody of their children because they aren't home enough?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast