Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Wheeee, PERFECT GAME for the Phils' Roy Halladay! I've never seen a perfect game on TV (or in person); the last time the Phillies pitched one was before I was born.

vCash
    The Mariners are breaking my heart this year. That is all

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Congrats to Doc Halladay for his perfect game today! Did anyone else happen to notice that both of the perfect games that were thrown this year were against the two teams from Florida?!

My Reds now have the second best record in all of MLB. ALL OF BASEBALL. That's insane! This year is turning out to be one of the most fun years I've had as a Reds fan in a LONG time. There's something special about the team this year and watching their games is becoming mandatory for me because I never know who's going to do the next great thing for them. No one wake me up....I want to enjoy and savor my FIRST PLACE Reds as long as humanly possible, LOL

FIRST PLACE BABY!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

...Her?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    This year is turning out to be one of the most fun years I've had as a Reds fan in a LONG time.
    Your Reds are stressing me the hell out this year. On the other hand, it's fun hating someone else aside from the Cubs.

vCash
    The Angels are starting to get back on track. Yay!

I wasn't too worried about their poor start though. Last time they had such a bad start to the season, they ended up winning the World Series. Hope history repeats itself!

vCash
    The Braves are in first place! It's only a .5 game lead, but considering they were in last place not too long ago, this is awesome! Now go beat the Phillies again today!

Congrats to Mr. Halladay on the perfect game.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    The Braves are in first place! It's only a .5 game lead, but considering they were in last place not too long ago, this is awesome! Now go beat the Phillies again today!

j/k The Phillies are playing horribly now and the Braves are playing much better; you guys deserve to be in first.

...for now...

Oddly enough, our pitching has been (mostly) solid lately but our offense- which SHOULD be scoring tons- seems to have bought a one way ticket to Nowheresville. Just about the only way for us to win a game lately is for the pitcher to throw a perfect game- and even then we barely eked out the win with a single unearned run.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    Your Reds are stressing me the hell out this year. On the other hand, it's fun hating someone else aside from the Cubs.
    Sorry, LOL We can hate the Cubs together if you want because that's something we can both enjoy all the time!

I'm not used to my guys being hated at all but I don't mind because it means we're playing well. Usually no one cares about the Reds because they're in the toilet so I take it as a very good sign that other teams are actually noticing them this year and not taking them for granted. The NL Central battle should be a great one this year!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

...Her?
    vCash
    Sorry, LOL We can hate the Cubs together if you want because that's something we can both enjoy all the time!
    Hating the Cubs, I've been raised on it.

Usually no one cares about the Reds because they're in the toilet so I take it as a very good sign that other teams are actually noticing them this year and not taking them for granted. The NL Central battle should be a great one this year!
    I seriously checked the standings one day and thought I was seeing things.

vCash
    Jimenez = still on fire. Look out.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    It's awful. That was the final out of the game. Galarraga earned that perfect game. I think Major League Baseball should correct this terrible injustice to him.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I cannot believe that umpire missed that call. I saw it in real time and I've never even played baseball. He was RIGHT THERE. He had the best view in the entire ballpark. HOW do you miss that call??!

vCash
    Sad...

NJL

vCash
    I cannot believe that umpire missed that call. I saw it in real time and I've never even played baseball. He was RIGHT THERE. He had the best view in the entire ballpark. HOW do you miss that call??!
    Was watching it live with my father. We started cheering when Galaraga caught the ball at first to get the last out. The rise and fall of emotions in a split second still makes me feel ill. It was hard sleeping last night. Galaraga was so classy about it aferwards - I adore this guy! Wow - still so hard to handle.

vCash
    ANOTHER horrible call in the Twins-Mariners game! Blackburn so had the runner out at 2nd! It ended up costing the Twins the game in the 10th inning. Every replay I've seen has shown that the runner was out by a mile.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I hope the Tiger fans listen to Jim Leyland and leave the rotten cabbages at home.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010060...00603024/1321/

I feel bad for the ump. Hopefully MLB will overturn the call, especially since the ump has said he blew it.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010060...00603021/1321/

vCash
    Well the call was not over ruled. But the ump came on the field today in tears. They had Gallaarga bring out the batting line up and then gave him a brand new Coravette. The kid is a class act.

vCash
    Was watching a sports talk show and they showed on screen what the commissioner said which was basically - yeah, a mistake was made but I'm not going to change it.
    The host of the show, after some thinking, agreed with the commish while the other person chatting felt the call should have been overturned.
    I think it should have been overturned.
    That being said, very classy actions today by all involved. Well done!!!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Crossing my fingers for Ted Lilly, who has pitched a no-hitter through 8 innings for the Cubs. The announcers just said he has never pitched this far into a game.

Edit: Darn! He gave up a hit in the 9th. Great job though and he got a great reaction from the crowd as he went to the dugout.
    Last edited by FSfan107; 06-14-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast