Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Tiger's home opener going on right now.

ETA - We won!
    Last edited by purple skates; 04-10-2010 at 04:14 AM.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Reds win again!! They beat the Cubbies 5-4 tonight but nearly gave their entire fanbase heart failure by having one of THE most stressful ninth innings ever. I'm glad they got the win (eventually!) but GEESH guys. Can you make tomorrow's game just a little less stressful!? It took about fifteen minutes for my heart rate to come back down after that last inning, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Go Tigers! I miss my Granderson badly, but the team is off to a good start. Very pleased with the pitching so far.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Me too. We'll be seeing Verlander in person tomorrow. Last time I looked the weather said rain at game time.

I didn't realize that Bonderman's injuries were as extensive as they were. I was listening to the radio broadcast today and they said it was a blood clot where they had to remove some rib and rearrange muscle

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    I am rusty- totally forgot to check the Phillies score while at SOI! (which I can easily do on my phone) Glad the Phillies aren't as rusty as I am.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    I am rusty- totally forgot to check the Phillies score while at SOI! (which I can easily do on my phone) Glad the Phillies aren't as rusty as I am.
    Don't sweat the small stuff...

The Phillies are picked to run away with the NL East & go deep into the playoffs, if not all the way to another championship ring. They certainly have the players to do it. They'll not shock me if they do do it.

My beloved Marlins showed their achilles heel again last night: the bullpen blew a lead in the 8th. Fortunately, the Dodger bullpen blew the game in the 9th, so life was good for us in the end. However, we'll not always be fortunate to be the comeback kids. The BP has got to have at least a couple guys that can close the door on the opposition once a late lead is achieved. If not, we'll "enjoy" watching an arch-rival win it all again.

NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 04-12-2010 at 04:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Me too. We'll be seeing Verlander in person tomorrow. Last time I looked the weather said rain at game time.

I didn't realize that Bonderman's injuries were as extensive as they were. I was listening to the radio broadcast today and they said it was a blood clot where they had to remove some rib and rearrange muscle
    Have a great time! Hopefully Verlander will be better than his first outing. The rain is supposed to end by this morning, so you should have good weather. My first tickets aren't until June, but I will be there in spirit!

I am so happy that Bonderman's first outing was so good. After all he has been through, this should be a nice confidence booster for him.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Reds starter Mike Leake becomes the 21st player to skip the minors entirely and make his big league debut today. So far he's thrown 3 innings giving up no runs (and it hasn't been easy, LOL ) and now he just got his first big league hit in the last inning! Hope the Reds can get some offense going for him soon. GO Reds!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    Have a great time! Hopefully Verlander will be better than his first outing. The rain is supposed to end by this morning, so you should have good weather. My first tickets aren't until June, but I will be there in spirit!

I am so happy that Bonderman's first outing was so good. After all he has been through, this should be a nice confidence booster for him.
    The weather cleared as we were waiting to get into the park. Verlander was ok after the first inning, but that first one was pretty awful. What an ending, though. I feel bad for the Cleveland pitcher.

(Cleveland was leading 8-6 going into the 9th. One run already scored, bases loaded and their pitcher walked in the tie run. Then a passed ball led to the winning run being scored.)

vCash
    I could not believe the hole that was dug after the first inning! I hate being at games like that. Thank goodness Verlander was better after. I still can not believe the Tigers won that game. I went outside to do some gardening after the eighth inning. I was (happily) stunned that we ended up winning! We need every W we can get this year, no matter how we get them.

Glad you ended up with good weather.

vCash
    Go Cubs go! Go Cubs go! Hey Chicago, what'dya say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

(Finally!)

vCash
    I am totally blown away with what the "Cardiac Kids" aka the Blue Jays have done early in the season. One could almost become a believer ... but then again, it IS early and there's plenty of season left. I'll enjoy what's happening now with a smile.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    The developments in the Mets - Cardinals game have me . So both teams wait exactly 19 innings to score a single run, taking it to a 20th at 1-1.

Of course, I probably wouldn't be so if I'd actually sat through all 19 innings! I'd probably just be passed out from boredom. 18+ innings with no score!
    Creating drama!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Pink bats for Mother's Day.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Pink bats for Mother's Day.
    They auction them off later to help raise money for breast cancer. I don't think there's anything funny about it. It's a good thing that MLB does every year to help a great cause.

vCash
    Dallas Braden ftw!! And on "209" day with his grandmother in attendance! GO A'S!!!!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    They auction them off later to help raise money for breast cancer. I don't think there's anything funny about it. It's a good thing that MLB does every year to help a great cause.
    Huh?
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Huh?
    Referring to the use of pink bats.
    One poster thought it was kind of a dumb idea. The response was that pink bats were being used by the players to help raise awareness about breast cancer.

While watching the Blue Jays game, I noticed pink in parts of what some of the players were wearing such as wrist bands, a pink ribbon on their shirt, pink striping on a shirt or hat.

Personally, I like the idea of raising awareness using colour. Our Jr B hockey club wore pink sweaters for one game, then auctioned them off and all proceeds went to Breast Cancer.
    Crazy about sports!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Press Release regarding the pink bats and the other things MLB does for cancer awareness

Quotable:
    In addition to promotional support, Major League Baseball Charities has committed $50,000 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Game-used Louisville Slugger pink bats will be auctioned off on MLB.com at a later date to raise additional funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Fans can purchase their own personalized pink bat at MLB.com or www.slugger.com, with $10 from the sale of each bat benefiting Komen for the Cure
    Major league baseball also does something similar on Father's Day to raise awareness and money for prostate cancer. I'm sorry if I sounded snippy in my last post (I didn't mean to be) but I know a lot of people who have either battled cancer or lost loved ones to cancer so the fact that MLB does so many things to help raise money and awareness for it matters a lot to me. I tend to forget that not everyone follows this type of thing as much as I do, LOL
    Last edited by HeatherC; 05-11-2010 at 02:34 AM.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Referring to the use of pink bats.
    One poster thought it was kind of a dumb idea. The response was that pink bats were being used by the players to help raise awareness about breast cancer.
    I think the poster you're referring to was me and nowhere, no time did I say it was a dumb idea. Lighten up - using a smilie doesn't mean I was mocking them. My husband is a minor league baseball photographer and the photographer for the Florida State League so I'm well aware of the good the MLB and MiLB do.
    3539 and counting.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast