Giants win the World Series!!!

vCash
    Renteria, he's my homeboy!

vCash
    Yay

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I was rooting for the Rangers but I'm still very happy for the Giants. They played a great series and are deserving champions. Congrats!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Random fireworks going off here in Silicon Valley suburbia. Congrats Giants!

And congrats to their managing general partner and CEO, who went to a supposedly fabulous school up in New Hampshire way way back.

vCash
    A long time Dodger fan, but am really happy for the Giants! What a nice bunch of players! Great job!

Also makes khenry14 happy which makes me super happy!

vCash

GIANTS!!!!!

(My thousandth post, so I can go a little bit overboard )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post

GIANTS!!!!!

(My thousandth post, so I can go a little bit overboard )
    Congrats on your 1,000th post, Squibble!

As for the Giants--yeah, baby!!
    Last edited by skateboy; 11-02-2010 at 05:51 AM.

attending the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at ISU Headquarters!
    vCash
    HUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoooooo Giants! So stoked!

vCash
    woohoo Giants Victory Parade set for this Wed. 11am downtown San Francisco! I might have to pull the kids out of school to go to this one, lol.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Congratulations to the San Fran Giants and their Fans!!!

So happy that Rentera got the MVP!! He's one of those good guys that no one, not only has never said anything bad about him, but all want to play w/too. If this was his Final MLB game, what a way to go out!!

Who was it who had on ski goggles in the Locker Room during the Celebrations? Smart guy whoever he was...LOL!!!

Oh and how about that vault over the fence by Lincecum? He put some of the best hurdlers in the World to shame there.

Congrats to the Giants!!

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnkle View Post
    A long time Dodger fan, but am really happy for the Giants! What a nice bunch of players! Great job!

Also makes khenry14 happy which makes me super happy!
    Happy for the Giants, too. King Henry XIV was on my mind when I heard the final score. I'm sure he'll be smilin' for a day or 2 because of this...

And, kudos for former Marlins Edgar Renteria (he hit the 1997 game winner against Cleveland) and Cody Ross. Edgar deserves another ring & The Marlins loss is certainly Cody's gain. Best trade he's ever had, IMO...

NJL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    Happy for the Giants, too. King Henry XIV was on my mind when I heard the final score. I'm sure he'll be smilin' for a day or 2 because of this...

NJL
    Neil, I will be smiling for the next year, much less the next few days!

This has been a lifelong dream of mine finally come true. How about those "Misfits"?

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Neil, I will be smiling for the next year, much less the next few days!

This has been a lifelong dream of mine finally come true. How about those "Misfits"?
    Yep! Know what you mean...

I still remember 2003 & 2004 fondly. My 2 favs winning it all and having to go through the goddamn Yankees to do it.

Sublime....

NJL (......)

vCash
    For all the things that could be said about the Giants, they have some of the best, most fun-to-say names in all of baseball.

That series with the Phillies had to set a record for best collection of names in a series.

Victorino and Placido Polanco meeting Sergio Romo, Edgar Renteria, Guillermo Mota, Pablo Sandoval, Juan Uribe, Ramon Ramirez aaaaaaaaaaaand....Buster Posey.

Yes, there are some dorks in our house. But seriously, those names are fun to say.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash

vCash
    I grew up in a household where my mom was a Reds fan and my dad was a Tigers fan. As a result, I grew up a fan of both teams. My very first major league baseball game was at the old Tiger Stadium sometime back around 1990. Sparky was still the manager of the Tigers at that point. I'm glad I had that opportunity to see a game he was coaching. It's a sad day for both teams.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Cincinnati was a very somber place last week when we heard that news and I'm kind of glad I was out of town because it gave me a few more days to process everything. Sparky was one of a kind and he will never be forgotten by Reds fans and even baseball fans in general. I'm very happy he was alive and well when he got into the HOF and when the Reds retired his number. I wish the Tigers fans could have gotten that joy too. RIP Sparky
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Renteria is a class act

World Series MVP Edgar Renteria has asked that a celebration in his honor be called off in his home country, with the money donated to Colombia flood victims.

Renteria led the San Francisco Giants to the World Series title last week. The shortstop made his request about the tribute from Miami on Tuesday. He is expected to arrive Thursday in Barranquilla, where his family lives.

Renteria says there are “more important things back home” and it’s critical to tend to the needs of those left homeless by the recent flooding.
    The flooding and ensuing mudslides have been awful. I've never seen a winter so bad. I have tons of respect for him.

vCash
    For starters, I meant to post something about what oleada posted up above, but time got away on me.

There's only one thing really you can say about all of that. What a classy, classy guy Edgar is. First class at that!!

Second, and the reason why I've brought up the thread...

CBC Sports ~ Votto Wins Lou Marsh Award

Gutsy choice considering all of the Olympic Gold Medals won on home soil, especially that one won by that Golden Goal of Sidney Crosby, and a certain Bronze Medal won by one courageous lady in Womens Figure Skating (I still think Joannie will be the Canadian Female Athlete of the Year, but that's a discussion for a different thread...) and all of the other accomplishments in Sport by Canadian Athletes over the year. A great choice though.

Congratulations Joey!!! Well Deserved!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast