Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash

Baseball Thread 2010

Well, my team didn't have that great of a day (my Reds lost to the Cardinals for their home opener this afternoon) but I am SO STOKED that baseball is back for a new season! Anyone else ready for some baseball?!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Well, neither did mine, but I went to the game! Nats got destroyed by the Phillies. It was here in DC, but I could have sworn we were in Philly - their fans outnumbered ours like 4-1.

At least we got McNabb.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    My Braves beat the Cubs 16-5! I'm excited for this season. Hopefully the Braves will send Bobby Cox out(this is his last season as manager before retiring) with a great season!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Well, neither did mine, but I went to the game! Nats got destroyed by the Phillies. It was here in DC, but I could have sworn we were in Philly - their fans outnumbered ours like 4-1.
    Gee, everyone at my office was quite happy with the outcome The guys finally hooked up the cable to the new TV in our office so we would be able to see the Phillies day games. (I am still slightly bitter that they couldn't hook the cable up before Worlds... )

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    At least we got McNabb.
    I don't know anyone who is unhappy that he is gone... (I don't follow football much)

vCash
    You know I've been waiting for baseball since the end of last year's World Series. The Red Sox came back several times to defeat the Yankees on Opening Night Sunday. With the Sox locking up Josh Beckett for 4 more years, they have open of the strongest starting 3 pitchers in all of baseball for years to come with Josh Beckett, Jon Lester and John Lackey. w00t!

...Her?
    vCash
    My teams all had great opening days. The Red Sox won, the Braves won, and most importantly the Cardinals won. I went to the beach instead of staying home and watching the Cards season opener and I felt so bad about it.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Go Tigers!

We're going to a game on Sunday. Hopefully it's decent weather - so far the forecast looks good.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    I don't know anyone who is unhappy that he is gone... (I don't follow football much)
    Oddly, there were a lot of Phillies fans at the Nats game wearing their McNabb jerseys.

I think most Phils are just steamed he got traded within the division. But we need someone who can dump the ball off on the run with our crap line till we get it rebuilt.

vCash
    My Rockies won game 1 but appear to be in position to lose game 2. Glad it's a long season - they can have another slow April if it means they'll finish the way they did last year!

vCash
    Giants sweep the Astros in Houston, giving up only 6 runs over three games. Houston looks like they will have trouble scoring much this season.

vCash
    2 games into the season and the Cubs have already made me put my head through the window! There's always next year...

vCash
    Lame, Rockies. Seriously lame. Although they started 18-28 last year and still were the NL Wild Card. It's early yet.

I am going to watch the Houston Astros play the Cincinnati Reds at the end of the month when I go to Houston for work.

vCash
    Go Twins!! Now 2-1! Rockstars.
    I can't wait to see 25 games at the new gorgeous Target Field!

I love how MLB starts as soon as Worlds ends.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    I love how MLB starts as soon as Worlds ends.
    Me too.

Go, Phillies! 2 and 0 for the first time since ???? (usually they have crap starts and heat it up in Aug and Sept)

vCash
    DH is a little ticked off at me because he missed out on three Mets games at Citifield. I entered the kids in a competition this weekend, so we couldn't make our planned trip to NYC.

I bought him the MLB package on DirecTV to make up for it, though.

Let's Go Mets!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Reds finally get their first win of the year today and they do it in dramatic fashion too! It was a big pitcher's duel between Arroyo and Penny (Bronson went 8 innings and Penny went 7 innings and each of them only gave up one run) and finally, in the bottom of the ninth, Jonny Gomes hit a walk off HR to win it for the Reds! WOOT!!! I'm glad the guys didn't get swept by the Cards and now it's time to kick some Cubbie behind this weekend! GO REDS!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash

Thumbs up

Marlins come home v the Dodgers after opening 2-1 against the Mets. Evidently they played some really bad ball in NY, but the Mets were a run or 2 worse. Over 33,000 are expected tonight. I wish we could average that for the season, but I know better...

NJL (...and, the Miami Football Club "Blues" open their season on Saturday v the Rochester Rhinos in Div 2 NASL play @ Lockhart Stadium in Ft Lauderdale...Since tickets only cost $12.00 & they have free parking I'll be attending that game......I hope that the Blues can get 33,000 fans total to attend for the season this year.......)

vCash
    Jays fan checking in and hey! they won their series against Texas. WOW and came close to sweeping it. Nice start but the finish ... well, we are rebuilding and this year, without Doc. Could be interesting but I'm thinking it might me more like a train wreck.
    Crazy about sports!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Hee, Nats won one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Reds finally get their first win of the year today and they do it in dramatic fashion too! It was a big pitcher's duel between Arroyo and Penny (Bronson went 8 innings and Penny went 7 innings and each of them only gave up one run) and finally, in the bottom of the ninth, Jonny Gomes hit a walk off HR to win it for the Reds! WOOT!!! I'm glad the guys didn't get swept by the Cards and now it's time to kick some Cubbie behind this weekend! GO REDS!!!
    I love Arroyo. However, Penney pisses me off, he sucked on the Sox, but as soon as he's traded he's awesome. I saw the recap of that game this morning and it looked like a good one.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast