Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DWTS 4/5

vCash
    Carrie Ann Inaba just tweeted about how good the band was last night! Is she kidding me??? I sure hope she doesn't read this thread http://twitter.com/carrieanninaba

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    Carrie Ann Inaba just tweeted about how good the band was last night! Is she kidding me??? [/url]
    I guess you had to be there. Hey Soul Sister sounded particularly awful to me - the vocals sounded like the guy was recovering from laryngitis.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Some of singings makes you think that having a DJ would have been just enough.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    [rant on] And while I'm bitching, let me add that the Samantha replacement is dreadful. She's not as pretty as Sam and she has NO personality whatsoever. [rant off]
    Aw, I'll take Brooke Burke over meh Samantha Harris any day of the week! Harris definies "vapid brunette Barbie".

Nicole and Derek's rule violations were certainly all Derek's fault - there's no way he didn't know that the lift was illegal, much less the other stuff - but it sure was a great performance. Nicole is totally a ringer, and it's not fair, etc etc, but damn she's a good dancer and most of this cast is so awful that I don't care. That routine was great.

Oh, and the guy singer sounded really hoarse in a couple of songs.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm of the conspiracy mindset on this one -- better for them to get slapped this week than to be the top scoring couple three weeks in a row. I think that Derek has plenty of experience to know just what's going to tick Len off, and he made sure to include just enough of it.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Aw, I'll take Brooke Burke over meh Samantha Harris any day of the week! Harris definies "vapid brunette Barbie".

Nicole and Derek's rule violations were certainly all Derek's fault - there's no way he didn't know that the lift was illegal, much less the other stuff - but it sure was a great performance. Nicole is totally a ringer, and it's not fair, etc etc, but damn she's a good dancer and most of this cast is so awful that I don't care. That routine was great.
    I'd rather watch Nicole than say ANYBODY on the show including Evan, and I really like Evan and hate Derek. I don't care who wins. I just want to be entertained and she and Evan are it other than just watching the hotties.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    On the Evan's feet thing: I watched Derek's feet, and I noticed that on a number (but not all) of the steps in hold he slides his feet into the next position, with most of the weight seeming to be on the ball of the foot. Evan lifts, separates and steps down throughout the dance. (Sounds like a bra -- the new Evan bra -- it lifts! it separates!) But I still don't understand what the reference to ankles is about.

The only time I really got the posture thing is where Evan ended up more hanging on Anna (maybe a little late) and his shoulders weren't over his hips, which made his butt stick out some -- is that what Len was referring to?

I also get the feeling that Anna doesn't particularly like Evan, and I wonder why? (Or maybe that's the demeanor she has with other partners too?)

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I also get the feeling that Anna doesn't particularly like Evan, and I wonder why? (Or maybe that's the demeanor she has with other partners too?)
    I could be completely wrong about this, but the vibe I get from Anna is that she loves the spotlight and that in her world it's all about Anna. So maybe she likes Evan just fine but doesn't like the fact that her handsome partner is the one getting most of the attention.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Tranquillo
    vCash
    She may not be thrilled to do all the travelling that working with Evan is going to take, but she has to be happy that she seems to have one of the few contestants not throwing hissy fits and getting a nasty attitude. He just gets down to work, and does what he's told and seems genuinely appreciative of her.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Because he beat "the Russian"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Evan's rehearsal footage and number from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9HFuQ-OoQ

ETA: He's becoming pretty cute and the number looks better to me on second viewing. I don't understand the criticism on Evan's feet. What should he be doing?
    Pointing his damn toes.

No, really. Look at his feet. He needs to point his toes, extend that line. He's admitted as much. Said it's a function of being so used to being in skate boots.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Pointing his damn toes.

No, really. Look at his feet. He needs to point his toes, extend that line. He's admitted as much. Said it's a function of being so used to being in skate boots.
    He dated an ice dancer. Shouldn't he have been able to learn how to point his toes in skates from watching her?

Oh, wait...umm....never mind.
    Last edited by purple skates; 04-06-2010 at 11:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Evan's rehearsal footage and number from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9HFuQ-OoQ

ETA: He's becoming pretty cute and the number looks better to me on second viewing. I don't understand the criticism on Evan's feet. What should he be doing?
    Thanks for posting that . After seeing the whole thing, I am impressed. Very nice, though I do still think he needs to loosen up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    I find Erin Andrews [and her story ] vaguely interesting and I thought their dance had a ton of chemistry. Am I the only one? I don’t like reality TV in general, but I’m aware of the phony “showmance” concept. However I’m starting to believe that they’ really are involved. Either that or great acting guys!
    I have heard they are definitely an "item".

On the Evan's feet thing: I watched Derek's feet, and I noticed that on a number (but not all) of the steps in hold he slides his feet into the next position, with most of the weight seeming to be on the ball of the foot. Evan lifts, separates and steps down throughout the dance. (Sounds like a bra -- the new Evan bra -- it lifts! it separates!) But I still don't understand what the reference to ankles is about.
    I agree with toe point. His ankles are rather inflexible from being in skates. Interesting, it seems that skaters tend to have weak ankles, because of always being in such supportive skates.

vCash
    I couldn't find the Jon and Kate thread, but since this is linked to Kate and DWTS....
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36199888...inment-gossip/

hmmm. I hate to defend her since I don't care much for her (or at least what I've seen of her in TV), but a lot of the practice sessions aired on tv show them in her basement in PA. So evidently she is home several days a week. Me thinkey Jon wants a reversal of the child support...as in he gets paid the child support from her. Wonder which girlfriend he'll have watching the kids if he gets custody? (Because, you know he can't use nanny's, since he's complaining about Kate using them).

Granted Kate is a fame whore accustomed to some nice living, however, she seems to hate dancing and appears really uncomfortable on DWTS. Something tells me this was not only an opportunity to get to 16 minutes, but also a way for her to pay the mortgage and feed 8 mouths in the style her children have become accustomed to (since Jon is obviously drinking, deadbeating, and partying away alot of money)

vCash
    New tweet from Tom

Another bottom 2 surprise tonight on DWTS.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Oh oh.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Anyone have a URL for any JustinTV live east coast streams of DWTS?

Sorry, please disregard. I found the http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=2119 link on first page of this thread.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I guess you had to be there. Hey Soul Sister sounded particularly awful to me - the vocals sounded like the guy was recovering from laryngitis.
    Or revisiting puberty.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
    I couldn't find the Jon and Kate thread, but since this is linked to Kate and DWTS....
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36199888...inment-gossip/

hmmm. I hate to defend her since I don't care much for her (or at least what I've seen of her in TV), but a lot of the practice sessions aired on tv show them in her basement in PA. So evidently she is home several days a week. Me thinkey Jon wants a reversal of the child support...as in he gets paid the child support from her. Wonder which girlfriend he'll have watching the kids if he gets custody? (Because, you know he can't use nanny's, since he's complaining about Kate using them).
    I can't stand her either, but Jon is clearly asking for custody in order to negotiate lower child support payments. (My father did the same thing with my mother. He would have had a heart attack if the judge had ever granted him custody. ) He's been living in New York and not spending much time with the kids or showing much concern about their well-being. And he probably doesn't have much money left. The guy needs to get a job. Why should Kate be providing him with spousal support?

Perhaps Kate will be back home full-time soon. Her dancing really is terrible.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Is Jon payng any child support at all? Don't you need income for that? Is his big idea not to work so he doesnt have to pay? I know that the lawyer he went to court with on Friday was doing it a as favor "to be payed later." Kate isnt Miss Congeniality but I hate when one slacker ex spouse of either gender gets away with this type of irresponsibility.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast