Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DWTS 4/5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Yikes - how did annoying Melissa beat Kristi for the Design a Dance
    And worse than that, we get Joey Fatone so I am robbed of seeing Gilles do a shirtless tango.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    In the picture with Erin, it looks like Evan is wearing a cross? I thought he was Jewish?
    I believe he's Catholic. He also has a cross tattoo on his left arm/shoulder.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Ugh, I forgot to vote for the men, but I didn't think Gilles was one of the choices, was he?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    I believe he's Catholic. He also has a cross tattoo on his left arm/shoulder.
    Greek Orthodox

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ugh, I forgot to vote for the men, but I didn't think Gilles was one of the choices, was he?
    I thought he was, but I could have just had him on the brain.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post

Yikes - how did annoying Melissa beat Kristi for the Design a Dance
    You have got to be kidding! I missed this. What the heck are people thinking....oy. And I *did* vote for Kristi, so I have a right to complain!
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    [rant on]
    I also think the 'aquarium' holding pen that they are using for the cast has destroyed the feeling of intimacy/camaraderie among the competitors that was palpable in other seasons.

And while I'm bitching, let me add that the Samantha replacement is dreadful. She's not as pretty as Sam and she has NO personality whatsoever.

Very disappointing season. [rant off]
    I don't like how they remodeled the studio in general . They traded what I perceived as classic ballroom to a Miami nightclub lit with neon.

As for Brooke, at least she can empathize with the contestants, not just sympathize. Samantha, Brooke, Drew, a 'Truth Booth', a plain old standup microphone in the middle of the "celeb-quarium"....makes no difference to me .

Burke was on the Kimmel show last night, btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLFNKRxj4ww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV7c2U_YUdk

She's rooting for Kate?

--------

Also, did I hear Bergeron say that next week the contestants will receive two different scores for one dance: one for performance and one for technique? Evan is used to that type of scoring .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    And worse than that, we get Joey Fatone so I am robbed of seeing Gilles do a shirtless tango.
    Just watch Brothers & Sisters. He's got his shirt off all the time.

I don't think he was among the male celebrity choices because I voted for Joey Fatone. I never would have done that if Gilles Marini was an option.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Evan's rehearsal footage and number from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9HFuQ-OoQ

ETA: He's becoming pretty cute and the number looks better to me on second viewing. I don't understand the criticism on Evan's feet. What should he be doing?
    Last edited by soxxy; 04-06-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Greek Orthodox
    Greek? Or another Eastern Orthodox church? (I'm just wondering, Lysacek isn't a Greek name.)

Joey and Melissa...well, this should be....interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Greek? Or another Eastern Orthodox church? (I'm just wondering, Lysacek isn't a Greek name.)
    What is his mother's maiden name? Maybe that is where the Greek comes from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    What is his mother's maiden name? Maybe that is where the Greek comes from.
    Santoro -- according to Wikipedia. His family heritage is Czech and Italian (also courtesy of Wikipedia). You don't have to be Greek to belong to the Greek Orthodox church.

Quadless
    vCash
    Greek.

He is a Greek Orthodox Christian,[7] having stated that one of his most prized possessions is his Orthodox cross.[9]
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Just watch Brothers & Sisters. He's got his shirt off all the time.
    Sad to say, I have never watched this show. I think I shall have to program my DVR though if this is a frequent occurrence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    Sad to say, I have never watched this show. I think I shall have to program my DVR though if this is a frequent occurrence.
    Go on ABC.com. I think they have past episodes.

I don't much care for the new look of the studio either.

I do, however, like Brooke Burke.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    For professional reasons I have to read the Jewish press all the time, believe me if he was even half-Jewish it would have been proudly stated. (As it is, about 47 people sent me the same article about Ben Agosto and Charlie White both being half-Jewish.)

The whole Gosselin phenomenon puzzles the hell out of me. Which is neither here nor there but in terms of DWTS, it distorts the voting and support patterns in a way that has me mildly irritated. (Mildly because that's all I care about the results.)
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been outrage from the religious right over Neicy's and Louis' dance. Using DWTS, the most-watched show on TV, to attack bans on gay marriage is sure to rile up Focus on the Family and other conservativ Christian groups. They already consider Disney to be evil for letting gays have special days at the Disney theme parks.
    They might not be watching. My sister's rather-conservative pastor already has been preaching the evils of DWTS and SYTYCD for quite some time now.

Really loving Evan's dancing on the show, but I hope he gets a few new moves during the other segments. The first week when they panned the couples at the beginning, he kind of gave a wooden smile and looked sooo nervous. The second week he upgraded with a bigger smile and a wink. But this week he did the same thing. Gotta keep changing it up kid or you'll get the "robot" remarks again!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    They might not be watching. My sister's rather-conservative pastor already has been preaching the evils of DWTS and SYTYCD for quite some time now.
    !
    Or they didn't get what he was implying. One of my faculty asked me today what he was talking about.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    I missed the last few couples last night so haven’t seen Pussycat lady’s routine. I find Erin Andrews [and her story ] vaguely interesting and I thought their dance had a ton of chemistry. Am I the only one? I don’t like reality TV in general, but I’m aware of the phony “showmance” concept. However I’m starting to believe that they’ really are involved. Either that or great acting guys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    For professional reasons I have to read the Jewish press all the time, believe me if he was even half-Jewish it would have been proudly stated. (As it is, about 47 people sent me the same article about Ben Agosto and Charlie White both being half-Jewish.)
    Since both of them get their Jewish half from their mothers, then it makes them both 100% Jews by the Jewish tradition.
    Though, this won't be a reason for me to like or to dislike skaters.
    In their case, they are both very talented.
    US has a promissing future in ice dancing category, now that BelGosto retired!
    And Charlie is very
    Can't wait to see him participating in DWTS!
    Wishful thinking, I know...

Sorry for going a bit out off the topic.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast