Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: DWTS 4/5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Hi, neighbor! I'm just north of you, in Troy.
    I have fond memories of Troy. Only been there once. I went to an information session at RPI. Pretty school, but for some reason, I'd thought Troy was only an hour or two from where I live in Orange County, NY. Then when I passed New Paltz and was no where near the exit I needed, I realized I must have confused RPI's location that of SUNY New Paltz. But I figured, WTF, and kept driving. After all, how much further could it be...?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I have fond memories of Troy. Only been there once. I went to an information session at RPI. Pretty school, but for some reason, I'd thought Troy was only an hour or two from where I live in Orange County, NY. Then when I passed New Paltz and was no where near the exit I needed, I realized I must have confused RPI's location that of SUNY New Paltz. But I figured, WTF, and kept driving. After all, how much further could it be...?
    Hee hee... New Paltz is Exit 18 on the Thruway, and Troy is Exit 23. There's about an hour's drive distance between the two, assuming you stay driving at 65 MPH. I graduated from Dominican College in southern Rockland County, and I used to ride up and down the Thruway so much for trips home, sometimes bussing it from NYC that I even had the "miles to Albany" numbers memorized, 'cause I knew that once I hit Albany I was good as home (I'm a Schenectady native - moved to Troy in 2001).

I live a few blocks south of Russell Sage College.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    This is from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt...
    Because Shawn Johnson was a minor, her contract was approved by a court, so it was made public. Per the NY Daily News:

In addition to her $125,000 appearance fee, Johnson is set to receive $10,000 a week for her third and fourth weeks in the show, $20,000 if she makes it to week five and an additional $30,000 per week through weeks eight and nine.

Her deal tops out at $50,000 per week for weeks 10 and 11 and a whopping $365,000 if she becomes one of the final two contestants.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Her children are old enough now. Why doesn't she return to work?
    Nurses are "in demand"; although the salary might not support her current lifestyle/desires!
    Looks like you've answered your own question!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    why not pursue whatever better paying opportunities she has before she returns to nursing? I don't think most people would turn down the DWTS $, regardless of their situation.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I was just about to post that.
    I think that it may explain some aspects of her personality.
    (Bossy, demanding, ultra-controlling, etc.)

My older sister is a nurse, and while she might have bossed me a bit when we were kids, that is so not her--nor any of the other nurses I know. Doctors (especially surgeons) yes, not the nurses.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    Which is really stupid. If I'd had to live with Kate more than a few weeks I'd be a nutjob by now too.
    amen. i hope to never be within 200 miles of that woman.

vCash
    btw, i like pam anderson's partner's chest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    Hee hee... New Paltz is Exit 18 on the Thruway, and Troy is Exit 23. There's about an hour's drive distance between the two, assuming you stay driving at 65 MPH.
    Yeah... I'd figured I was already at exit 18. How much longer could five more exits take? Well...
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Bruno's take on Kate (and Pam), from the George Lopez Show But I have to ask the writer, "which audience, specifically, did K&T's paso impress?"

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
    Kate Gosselin and partner Tony Dovolani might have impressed the audience with their unexpectedly fierce paso doble performance this week on “Dancing with the Stars,” but judge Bruno Tonioli thinks the reality star is a disaster of big screen proportions.

“Kate is pretty dreadful. She’s crap. But in a nice way,” the sassy Bruno told George Lopez on “Lopez Tonight” on Wednesday. “She is entertaining. People like disaster movies. We’ve got our own disaster movie there everyday.”

Bruno even compared Kate to one the most critically panned movies of 2009.

”‘2012’ is nothing compared to the catastrophe she produces,” he continued, but added, “She is a tough cookie. She gets it in the face, she comes back and she tries to get better…it doesn’t really work.”

He did have love for one of Kate’s competitors though.

“There are people you don’t expect to be good. I thought Pamela Anderson was going to be terrible… all she is gonna do is lay back and show her t*** and get on with it but she’s not. She’s good,” Bruno explained. “Forget about the bombshell. Forget about the sex… she actually comes out and delivers a performance full of content and she works very, very hard and she is good at it.”

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Why can Bruno not talk like that on the show? He sounds 1000% more intelligent.

Jon's now suing for custody. I'm sure he's annoyed that's taking time away from snorting cocaine off a hooker in his NYC non-child-friendly apartment. I do not cut him any slack because living with Kate was stressful--since the divorce stuff started he's been a self-centered juvenile jerk. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if half Kate's problem is a nervous breakdown after the year. (And do we know if that $230,000 is HERS, or is that the trust fund for the kids? Because a lot of what TLC paid as cash is supposed to be being held for them, I thought. Meaning quite possibly even if she wanted to spend it on food and clothes she can't.)

In which case she should be getting therapy, not dancing. Please please please let her go home!

vCash
    I believe Jon and Kate are working together on this so-called custody petition. They want to propel the sympathy vote and keep her on the show longer. Then they'll split the take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I believe Jon and Kate are working together on this so-called custody petition. They want to propel the sympathy vote and keep her on the show longer. Then they'll split the take.
    Nothing about those two disgust me. I really feel sorry for their kiddos.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post

My older sister is a nurse, and while she might have bossed me a bit when we were kids, that is so not her--nor any of the other nurses I know.
    I've been a patient, and have had wonderful - and not so wonderful - experiences through the years.

vCash
    This is quite the meandering thread!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Nothing about those two disgust me. I really feel sorry for their kiddos.
    Nothing or everything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Hmmm. I believe Kate is diabolical enough to come up with such a scheme, but I'm not sure Jon is smart enough to go along.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Whoever is voting for Kate will be thrilled to know she has her own reality show coming on TLC as well as a number of Kate plus 8 specials.

Why won't America let her slip away into oblivion?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Wonderful.
    Why won't America let her slip away into oblivion?
    Why, indeed? I don't understand the interest in her at all. Maybe it's because Kate is a force of nature wrt staying in the media's spotlight. At least the octomom had the decency to recede from ubiquity (for now).

vCash
    Cheers Karina1974! Did you see the Smuckers ad too for the Times Union SOI show?

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast