Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyoris View Post
    ... that will not count as a level feature anymore. Too bad.
    Darn. It's still cool though. Fujisawa has many other promising features though, if she's recovered from her big growthspurt, I think she could have a very bright future. I'm probably in the minority, but I actually prefer her to Imai.

vCash
    I prefer her to Imai too. I hope she does well next season. I mean who knows? Maybe if she got a second JGP spot last season she might have done better. Luckily she'll probably get two this year. I'm still a little worried she might not be finished growing though, she still looks very small.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but I actually prefer her to Imai.
    Me, too.

vCash
    Fujisawa and Imai were at a disadvantage last season because Japan had only 6 total JGP spots. Second events went to Murakami (won her first event) and Nishino (silver at her first event). Imai had won a bronze and Fujisawa placed fourth at their events. They both were in position to qualify for the JGPF, but there simply wasn't room to give them a chance to qualify.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maclou View Post
    I'm still a little worried she might not be finished growing though, she still looks very small.
    Yukiko's definately going to grow some more. She's already 15 years old and still 1.49 m. She's so adorable with her tiny height, though! Hopefully she won't grow much more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    Fujisawa and Imai were at a disadvantage last season because Japan had only 6 total JGP spots. Second events went to Murakami (won her first event) and Nishino (silver at her first event). Imai had won a bronze and Fujisawa placed fourth at their events. They both were in position to qualify for the JGPF, but there simply wasn't room to give them a chance to qualify.
    Thankfully Japan has 15 spots this year. I'm looking forward to seeing these young skaters on the circuit.

I'm glad Imai got 2 GP spots after not being given a second JGP event for two years in a row.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Imai's placement at 4CC really helped her ranking.

OTOH, she's one of the reasons Japan had so few spots in the 09-10 JGP season.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Yukiko's definately going to grow some more. She's already 15 years old and still 1.49 m. She's so adorable with her tiny height, though! Hopefully she won't grow much more.
    She will likely still grow but not that much. Kanako is only 1.53m and her growth seems to be slowing down. Average height for Japanese women is about 1.56-1.57m, so 1.49 isn't all that small in Japan, especially for a figure skater, Mao at only 1.64m is as tall as most of the male skaters!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12