Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    What do they mean by "cleavage below the breastbone"? If they're referring to the sternum that starts up by the clavicle, so do they expect the girls to wear turtlenecks?
    I would guess that it means no dresses that show the line between the 2 boobs. On me that's about 5 inches below my clavicle, so no turtleneck necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    She thinks "what cleavage" in relation to her dress? Good heavens, maybe she thinks cleavage means topless..
    That was the impression I got - neither she nor her mother know what cleavage is.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Isn't spanking/paddling in school against the law in the US?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    What do they mean by "cleavage below the breastbone"? If they're referring to the sternum that starts up by the clavicle, so do they expect the girls to wear turtlenecks? .
    My thoughts exactly! I was trying to imagine a dress that covers my neck bones and it sure wouldn't be pretty...

vCash
    It won't be long before our kids are wearing burqas to prom.

and what was up with the principals quote? Cuz if a girl get's raped, it's her fault for wearing a sexy dress? Men are just faultless? And teen pregnancy didn't exist before the invention of the miniskirt?

this just seems like another way to control women and make them feel bad for expressing themselves. Regardless of the fashion police, even in this thread, the girl thought she looked great, and I don't see what's so bad about a teenage girl thinking she looks nice.

just don't me started on hypocritical self-elected moral police like Beyonce! Skeezy put ya clothes on why don't ya? she must have been looking in the mirror when she wrote that song!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Isn't spanking/paddling in school against the law in the US?
    It's a state issue - 30 states have banned it.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I graduated in 07 and paddling was still being done at my school. Apparently The South is the last bastion of stupidity in that regard.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Well have you seen the actresses that are her age and what they wear?

First the color offends me more than anything, its a "babydoll" dress far too much for her curvy figure but its what the celeb's are wearing.

I think there are far to many things to get into a fuss about than a gaudy ill fitting dress on a silly adolecent!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    In the states that allow paddling, would it be legal to paddle an adult against his/her will? Or would it be considered assault? Might it even be considered a type of sexual assault?

For the students involved, is the selection of paddling as the punishment primarily intended to inflict pain or humiliation as the consequence for violating dress code?

vCash
    The admins at this school must be complete idiots. Why not just refuse them entrance to prom and let it go at that? Agree that students should make sure their dress is acceptable before prom rolls around so there are no surprises like this. And apparently compared to the other responders to this post, I have no taste, because I thought the dress was kind of cute. Meh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    I graduated in 07 and paddling was still being done at my school. Apparently The South is the last bastion of stupidity in that regard.
    Nah, Utah and Idaho still have school paddling. Luckily, the students' Magic Mormon Underwear prevents any pain being felt.

vCash
    I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the dress other than it being ugly. She just has big breasts. Now this dress deserves a whooping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ4Se...eature=related

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the dress other than it being ugly. She just has big breasts. Now this dress deserves a whooping.
    Um, yeah. Reading the first article, I expected something more like that.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ Good gawd. What the hell is wrong with that girl! These kids ... and they ARE just KIDS ... are 16-17-18 years old that are going to proms. You don't dress in two napkins and a potholder when you go out in public! And you don't wear a dress that is six sizes too small for you with your body busting out of every seam and your boobs spilling out of the bandaid sized bra top attached to it (or not!). Is there no one in this world who teaches their kids a little thing called CLASS and self-respect anymore?!! I truly weep for the future of this world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    She looks like she should be swinging about a pole in some strip joint instead of attending her high school prom. Seriously, young people won't know about appropriate dress for various occasions unless someone teaches them. Chances are this young woman's parents or guardian didn't see anything wrong with her dress. I shudder to think what she might wear for a job interview.

vCash
    ^^^ And what was with the tattoo on her upper chest? Was that a handgun? I tried pausing the video, but the image was too fuzzy. If she's going to get a tat, the least she could do is get something that she'd still be proud to show off in 25-30 years. Like mine.

vCash
    What is with the argument "but its my senior prom"??? Yeah, that makes your dress appropriate....

That CNN article made me My favorite quote has to be

"They didn't give me any options, but to go to jail or go home."

vCash
    We used to have paddling (or should I say one big swat on the butt) in our junior high back in the 70's - but it was only for the boys - girls got detention - boys got a choice of either or.

I thought the dress looked cute on her, and compared to some of the prom dresses out there that are cut down PAST the belly button with a huge gap in the material, that dress is demure in comparison.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Too much cleavage up top, but it didn't look shorter than 6 inches above the knee - it just looked pretty see through. I can't blame the kid for wanting the dress, but her mother should have had the sense to realize that cleavage was showing.

But I have seen kids in prom dresses with slits cut up to the hip, bare midriffs in the middle, plunging necklines. My mother describes that as "nice dress you are almost wearing."
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ Good gawd. What the hell is wrong with that girl! These kids ... and they ARE just KIDS ... are 16-17-18 years old that are going to proms. You don't dress in two napkins and a potholder when you go out in public! And you don't wear a dress that is six sizes too small for you with your body busting out of every seam and your boobs spilling out of the bandaid sized bra top attached to it (or not!). Is there no one in this world who teaches their kids a little thing called CLASS and self-respect anymore?!! I truly weep for the future of this world.
    I'm not sure how the garment in that video qualifies as a dress.

And, of course, the public reaction most of the time seems to be outrage that these kids are not allowed to "express themselves".

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Well, good lawd, that dress is too durned SEXY for our school, girl! Now you know Daddy principal has to punish you for that, right? Now come on over here and lean right on over Daddy's Principal's knee. That's right, girl. Now this ain't gonna last no more than an hour or two...

Paddling a female senior? It's wrong in any case, but this is DOWNRIGHT CREEPY!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast